The Official "What are you watching?" thread

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So here’s my quick review of hereditary:   1. It’s nowhere near being the scariest movie ever. It’s more of an unsettling thriller.    2. It’s surprisingly unpredictable. The trail

my mini review of mother:   I finally saw the movie Mother. I think it’s a better work of art, and conversation piece, than it is a film. The symbolism and metaphors are fantastic, and it wa

this looks nuts

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Eh but it came out after the pulse shooting, where only 9 less people died. I don't expect to see a trend where entertainment products with gun violence are going to suddenly start getting panned by critics.

It came out way later (like 6 months after). If you lived in the US, you would understand. The Las Vegas shooting, in particular, stirred up the gun control debate to new levels  (since the victims were mostly straight white people). I work in TV news, and it’s the first time we aren’t doing a year end promo because of all the mass shootings. 

• NPC 1
Just now, -GD- said:

It came out way later (like 6 months after). If you lived in the US, you would understand. The Las Vegas shooting, in particular, stirred up the gun control debate to new levels  (since the victims were mostly straight white people). I work in TV news, and it’s the first time we aren’t doing a year end promo because of all the mass shootings. 

I guess that sort of makes sense. I don't really follow the politics of these shootings so maybe im just out of the loop with their effects.

The punisher is pretty lame (tame). Not enough super jackets

I swear dare devil perfected the vision of comic heroes super dwelling in slice of life much better than JJ, or punisher. If you asked me before knowledge that this is a marvel spun show,  I'd have no idea this has to do with any heroes or myths. Just yur standard military griller. DD,really combined both modern life but with ninjas and blind solo in crimson cameroons kicking ass, and spoiled us in the Netflix marvel series. Frank is already much better in his DD appearances too.

4 hours ago, kokujin said:

The punisher is pretty lame (tame). Not enough super jackets

I swear dare devil perfected the vision of comic heroes super dwelling in slice of life much better than JJ, or punisher. If you asked me before knowledge that this is a marvel spun show,  I'd have no idea this has to do with any heroes or myths. Just yur standard military griller. DD,really combined both modern life but with ninjas and blind solo in crimson cameroons kicking ass, and spoiled us in the Netflix marvel series. Frank is already much better in his DD appearances too.

What episode are you on? The first 3 or 4 have a much larger slow burn than season 2 of daredevil. 

46 minutes ago, -GD- said:

What episode are you on? The first 3 or 4 have a much larger slow burn than season 2 of daredevil. 

That's exactly where I am. I thought even if DD was slice of life in season 1, they paid homage to it BEING a super hero and super villan show by the end of it,  and especially the last two eps of season one. Will see where TP goes.

28 minutes ago, kokujin said:

That's exactly where I am. I thought even if DD was slice of life in season 1, they paid homage to it BEING a super hero and super villan show by the end of it,  and especially the last two eps of season one. Will see where TP goes.

Well, the beauty of the punisher is that it’s grounded more in reality. Still, some of the shit that happens later on does feel a bit “super”...

ths last batch of eps are incredible. 

37 minutes ago, -GD- said:

What’s it about??

It’s a western where the focus is on a small town run almost entirely by women, because nearly all of the men were killed in a mine collapse. The visuals and use of lighting in some scenes is top notch. The director of the Knick was involved in it too, though I’m not sure what his role was. There’s more I could say but I think it’s best if you just watch it for yourself

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It’s a western where the focus is on a small town run almost entirely by women, because nearly all of the men were killed in a mine collapse. The visuals and use of lighting in some scenes is top notch. The director of the Knick was involved in it too, though I’m not sure what his role was. There’s more I could say but I think it’s best if you just watch it for yourself

Soderbergh? Sounds awesome! 

27 minutes ago, kokujin said:

episode 4, car scene.. coool. gadgets and outsmarting snipers, cool. (I'm sick of the fight scenes).  

Eh there are a lot of fight scenes. However, there’s plenty of depth too. You’ll find yourself getting quite connected to the characters. 

8 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Eh there are a lot of fight scenes. However, there’s plenty of depth too. You’ll find yourself getting quite connected to the characters. 

it's growing. i was quite pleased with the action in ep 4. If me tone of post wasn't spottable. on ep 5 now.:O