The Official "What are you watching?" thread

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So here’s my quick review of hereditary:   1. It’s nowhere near being the scariest movie ever. It’s more of an unsettling thriller.    2. It’s surprisingly unpredictable. The trail

my mini review of mother:   I finally saw the movie Mother. I think it’s a better work of art, and conversation piece, than it is a film. The symbolism and metaphors are fantastic, and it wa

this looks nuts

Posted Images

I’ll have to check that out, Tb. I finished altered carbon. I really enjoyed the last 3 eps. It’s still flawed and messy, but it was fun - like an early 90’s sexy b-thriller with the glossy look of a big budget sci-fi flick. 

7 hours ago, -GD- said:

I’ll have to check that out, Tb. I finished altered carbon. I really enjoyed the last 3 eps. It’s still flawed and messy, but it was fun - like an early 90’s sexy b-thriller with the glossy look of a big budget sci-fi flick. 

Yeah, i think the cast did a really good job too especially in the last few eps

The asian chick turned out to be an awesome villain. I always see that actress in so many different shows/movies, but this was definitely her breakout role. I hope they find a way to bring her back in the next season.

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah, i think the cast did a really good job too especially in the last few eps

Hide contents

The asian chick turned out to be an awesome villain. I always see that actress in so many different shows/movies, but this was definitely her breakout role. I hope they find a way to bring her back in the next season.

i couldn't agree more! i loved the part where 

Spoiler

her naked copies kept trying to kill that hot hispanic chick. it was dark and funny at the same time. just badass, in general. 

4 hours ago, -GD- said:

i couldn't agree more! i loved the part where 

Reveal hidden contents

her naked copies kept trying to kill that hot hispanic chick. it was dark and funny at the same time. just badass, in general. 

Yeah that part was pretty sexy!

as for another good netflix show, check out dark if you haven't seen it already.

I finished Babylon Berlin. Wow, that show was extremely impressive. It was  a really interesting look at Germany pre-ww2 but what consistently impressed me the most were the production values. The sets are grander and more authentic than most other productions i've seen that take place during this time period. The closest comparisons off the top of my head are The Knick and Peaky Blinders but BB blows them both out of the water.

Edited by Twinblade
On 2/9/2018 at 7:34 PM, Cookester15 said:

Every episode is better than the last 

What is it.  I couldn't stomach black mirror for an entire episode, if that's an honest indication of my white euro peepoo Netflix show tolerance.  Honestly if I'm not learning jappo, I don't care.  And 95% of the Japanese content on Netflix is trash and kiddy anime too that I never bother with.

8 minutes ago, kokujin said:

What is it.  I couldn't stomach black mirror for an entire episode, if that's an honest indication of my white euro peepoo Netflix show tolerance.  Honestly if I'm not learning jappo, I don't care.  And 95% of the Japanese content on Netflix is trash and kiddy anime too that I never bother with.

Like blade runner 

It's not really like Bladerunner.  The cyberpunk theme and imagery hits close to it, but it's actually closer to other cyberpunk works like Neuromancer.     

People just make the Bladerunner comparison because they don't know any better.  

• Like 1

So I saw black panther. 

First off, I don’t usually care for marvel movies. So, I was relieved that the film met the “realistic” hype.  Best movie ever? no  Best superhero movie? No. But did I like it? Absolutely! I’ll get right to the point: it’s a by-the-books superhero flick, but with a bit more depth and social relevance. It’s, visually, stunning - despite a few cartoony effects. But the percussion-driven film score is what really immersed me. All the players nailed their roles, as well. 

My score - B