The Official "What are you watching?" thread

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So here’s my quick review of hereditary:   1. It’s nowhere near being the scariest movie ever. It’s more of an unsettling thriller.    2. It’s surprisingly unpredictable. The trail

my mini review of mother:   I finally saw the movie Mother. I think it’s a better work of art, and conversation piece, than it is a film. The symbolism and metaphors are fantastic, and it wa

this looks nuts

Posted Images

All caught up on Westworld. The most recent episode was probably the best episode of tv the series has put out and is probably the best hour of television I’ve seen this year. 

12 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Deadpool 2. Hell of a lot of fun, probably even better than the original. Everything you could want from a sequel. Fav comic book movie of the year so far

That's positive. You must live for it.

Anyway, I'm going to see it on cheap Tuesday, then.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Deadpool 2. Hell of a lot of fun, probably even better than the original. Everything you could want from a sequel. Fav comic book movie of the year so far

Funny as hell. I enjoyed the hell out of it. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ike said:

I started 13 Reasons Why season 2, it’s picking up right where it left off.  If you liked the first season, you’ll like season 2. 

I kinda lost my drive to watch it when I heard it was much worse than the first season.

23 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I kinda lost my drive to watch it when I heard it was much worse than the first season.

It’s still very much a high school drama and can be a bit much but I’m liking what I’ve watched up to now. First season wasn’t really too big with the critics anyways. 

3 hours ago, Ike said:

It’s still very much a high school drama and can be a bit much but I’m liking what I’ve watched up to now. First season wasn’t really too big with the critics anyways. 

Ya, season 1 kind of bombed with critics too. I’m sure it’s entertaining, but lost a lot of its novelty. 

Im about half way through s2 of 13 reasons why. Its still entertaining, but doesn't feel quite as compelling. The structure of the first season with the tapes involving each of the main characters made for better pacing, and made the mystery more interesting.

Westworld was awesome! I’ve been waiting for a particular arc to take shape. The show delivered in spades! 

Cool twists and revelations too. Just a fantastic episode on all levels. 

50 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

My only concern with Westworld atm is that they might be branching out a bit too much. They are already starting to do entire episodes without touching certain storylines now cause too much is going on. 

Meh that’s true of any show. There will always be storylines that are better than the others even in the best of shows. 

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

Meh that’s true of any show. There will always be storylines that are better than the others even in the best of shows. 

Not talking about the quality of the storylines but how far they are branching from each other. S1 was very tight and focused even with the Maeve storyline being very different than the MiB/Dolores one and we got updates to both each ep. S2 however is starting to do what Walking Dead did in later seasons where one ep1 with squad A then next with squad B then next back to squad A. Not a fan of this cause it ruins the build up from each story thread imo. Like the Shogun world finale was from 2 eps back and we see the continuation now, yet because of the last episode and how that ended I was now more invested in that continuation which you need to wait an extra week for now. Hope that makes sense.