The Official "What are you watching?" thread

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So here’s my quick review of hereditary:   1. It’s nowhere near being the scariest movie ever. It’s more of an unsettling thriller.    2. It’s surprisingly unpredictable. The trail

my mini review of mother:   I finally saw the movie Mother. I think it’s a better work of art, and conversation piece, than it is a film. The symbolism and metaphors are fantastic, and it wa

this looks nuts

Posted Images

Finished reading Sharp Objects @Ike . Was a fun read, still think Gone Girl is easily her best book but this would be second. If they are making this into a TV show I don't know how they are going to depict certain scenes....Deals with far more iffy subjects for film that Gone Girl

13 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Finished reading Sharp Objects @Ike . Was a fun read, still think Gone Girl is easily her best book but this would be second. If they are making this into a TV show I don't know how they are going to depict certain scenes....Deals with far more iffy subjects for film that Gone Girl

Thankfully it's on HBO so they can have free reign to do what they please. I think Amy Adams will be awesome in it.

Penultimate episode of the season tonight for Westworld and it looks like a good one. Sad there's only two episodes left and we probably won't get season 3 until 2020.

Edited by Ike
Just now, madmaltese said:

Yeah Amy Adams would be a good casting choice imo. The other two major roles arguably even more important too. 

Kid actors these days are incredible so I have no doubt they'll get it right. They got the casting right on with Patricia Clarkson for the mom Adora role and a young unknown girl to play Amma. The show pretty much rides on her character being right because I think the other two can handle the material.

5 minutes ago, Ike said:

Kid actors these days are incredible so I have no doubt they'll get it right. They got the casting right on with Patricia Clarkson for the mom Adora role and a young unknown girl to play Amma. The show pretty much rides on her character being right because I think the other two can handle the material.

Yeah, you're right. Hopefully they be as loyal to the book and Gone Girl was.

Premiering in July. Had no idea it was so close. Really glad I read the book now.

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah, you're right. Hopefully they be as loyal to the book and Gone Girl was.

Premiering in July. Had no idea it was so close. Really glad I read the book now.

Trailer I just saw for the show when starting Westworld tonight.

11 hours ago, Ike said:

Westworld tonight :whew:

Word! The reviews for the ep were a bit polarizing, but I fucking loved it. Finally, I feel like this season has given the man in black a strong arc. The whole “shrouded in secrecy” thing was great in season 1, but I feel like we needed a more concrete motive with his character in 2. This episode delivered that. It also set up the finale perfectly, which looks insanely good.