The Official "What are you watching?" thread

Catching up on some stuff. Watched Justice League finally, it was meh. Westworld finale was excellent and I hope it’s not another 18 months wait for season 3. I also watched The Hitman’s Bodyguard. It was surprisingly great. Reynolds and Jackson have amazing chemistry. 

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So here’s my quick review of hereditary:   1. It’s nowhere near being the scariest movie ever. It’s more of an unsettling thriller.    2. It’s surprisingly unpredictable. The trail

my mini review of mother:   I finally saw the movie Mother. I think it’s a better work of art, and conversation piece, than it is a film. The symbolism and metaphors are fantastic, and it wa

this looks nuts

Posted Images

Sharp Objects ep1 was good. Really captured the mood of the novels imo and they are taking it really slow which is good.

One small complaint (ep1 spoiler)

There is so much pointless nudity in shows (especially hbo shows) these days that I feel this is one where nudity really was important and it wasn't done. The reveal of all the cuts on her body and the specific words wasn't done in the most effective way imo. I 100% thought they were going to copy the earlier shot of her in the bath with the camera zoomed in to her face but then fully pan out to reveal an body full of scars but we just go a glimpse of the back, then a glimpse of the back then a glimpse of the arm. Just wasn't as big a moment it could've been imo

Also 3 eps into Atlanta S2. Already significantly better than the first season. The white women crying over Paperboy's lyrics at the start of ep3 had me dying.

Serious question though, as a non american. Regarding the racial issues it portrays, surely they are exaggerated, like no way some of that shit actually happens.... right? Like for eg in ep3 when Earn goes to pay with a $100 bill and is told they can't take that large a bill, then goes to pay with debit and is told they need his license then told they need to photocopy both the debit plus license each time he uses it and then right after him a white guy goes to pay with a $100 and they accept and he goes to speak to the white guy and the guy just totally ignores him and shows him he is carrying a handgun. Like wtf. This is either fake as fuck or America is a shithole and it's hard to tell cause Atlanta seems to blur the line between real issues and exaggeration as a comedy tactic.