zwarrior

The Official "What are you watching?" thread

I have to say that Jon Bernthal was the perfect choice for the character. I'd go as far as to say that he did for the punisher what heath ledger did for joker.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Eh but it came out after the pulse shooting, where only 9 less people died. I don't expect to see a trend where entertainment products with gun violence are going to suddenly start getting panned by critics.

It came out way later (like 6 months after). If you lived in the US, you would understand. The Las Vegas shooting, in particular, stirred up the gun control debate to new levels  (since the victims were mostly straight white people). I work in TV news, and it’s the first time we aren’t doing a year end promo because of all the mass shootings. 

• Confused 1

Just now, -GD- said:

It came out way later (like 6 months after). If you lived in the US, you would understand. The Las Vegas shooting, in particular, stirred up the gun control debate to new levels  (since the victims were mostly straight white people). I work in TV news, and it’s the first time we aren’t doing a year end promo because of all the mass shootings. 

I guess that sort of makes sense. I don't really follow the politics of these shootings so maybe im just out of the loop with their effects.

Up here in Minnesota,  we've well gone past the Vegas shooting. Too desensitized. To give credit,  50 people in Orlando was a awfully high spike from trends of 'only's a dozen. 

I'm a bit sardonic with most of my posts but I wouldn't say I'm esoteric. Those that get it, really do and can play along 

You're esoteric using that rhetoric .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk