The Official "What are you watching?" thread

33 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Hide contents

Yeah the cradle has now become pretty much the most important thing in the show. Ever since the end of S1 where Ford is killed my theory was that he had discovered a way to upload his consciousness somehow and would return. The cradle very much is that. I think the entire end goal of Westworld was always about trying to achieve immortality. I think Ford somehow finally discovered how and perfected what William couldn't with his father in law all those years. I think he then orchestrated his death and everything that is going on and will eventually be downloaded into another host body. Even the term 'host' I feel has relevance. We think it is because they are hosting guests but it also works perfectly as a host body of a consciousness. I don't know if you've seen Altered Carbon but basically I think it is like the beginning of that technology of downloading consciousness into hosts. 

I think that the people/person  Charlotte Hale is communicating with is Ford inside the cradle, hence the more archaic form of communication.

There is another theory I read regarding Bernard and the timelines which I think is amazing and spot on, not sure if you have heard of it. Don't want to tell you if you don't want to know though cause I'm fairly sure it's legit and would be a pretty late season twist. 

Excellent post. I would love to hear the theory. 

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So here’s my quick review of hereditary:   1. It’s nowhere near being the scariest movie ever. It’s more of an unsettling thriller.    2. It’s surprisingly unpredictable. The trail

my mini review of mother:   I finally saw the movie Mother. I think it’s a better work of art, and conversation piece, than it is a film. The symbolism and metaphors are fantastic, and it wa

this looks nuts

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Excellent post. I would love to hear the theory. 

So the theory is that Bernard in the present day timeline, where he was washed up on shore and is with the recovery team is actually Teddy. Meaning that somehow (maybe Dolores has switched his 'brain' with that of Teddies (also supporting my theory that the bodies are now just hosts to a consciousness and nothing more. 

Supporting evidence being how similar bernard's clothing in the present day timeline is to Teddy's:

Bernard-and-Teddy-comparison.jpg&w=900

Also Bernard in an earlier episode (ep1) says he 'killed them all' referencing to all the bodies in that lake. This new Teddy would have zero problem doing that. They also make a very clear point to show Teddy's dead body in the lake and no one else's specifically.

There is also a parallel scene where Bernard wakes up on the train (the same train that Teddy always begins his story) and Bernard is shocked and not sure where he is and looking at his hands sort of confused.

It's an interesting theory and one I think is true.

Edited by madmaltese
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, madmaltese said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So the theory is that Bernard in the present day timeline, where he was washed up on shore and is with the recovery team is actually Teddy. Meaning that somehow (maybe Dolores has switched his 'brain' with that of Teddies (also supporting my theory that the bodies are now just hosts to a consciousness and nothing more. 

Supporting evidence being how similar bernard's clothing in the present day timeline is to Teddy's:

Bernard-and-Teddy-comparison.jpg&w=900

Also Bernard in an earlier episode (ep1) says he 'killed them all' referencing to all the bodies in that lake. This new Teddy would have zero problem doing that. They also make a very clear point to show Teddy's dead body in the lake and no one else's specifically.

There is also a parallel scene where Bernard wakes up on the train (the same train that Teddy always begins his story) and Bernard is shocked and not sure where he is and looking at his hands sort of confused.

It's an interesting theory and one I think is true.

that's an awesome theory :wow: 

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

i heard the americans series finale was excellent. i can't wait to see it tonight :aitch:

You have godly taste.

The Americans is probably the most underrated show of the last 5 years. I have been waiting for the final season to finish so I can binge watch it. Keen af to watch it. Glad to hear it's excellent, never had a doubt.  

• Like 1
9 hours ago, madmaltese said:

You have godly taste.

The Americans is probably the most underrated show of the last 5 years. I have been waiting for the final season to finish so I can binge watch it. Keen af to watch it. Glad to hear it's excellent, never had a doubt.  

Thanks bro! You too. And I couldn’t agree more. Oh...and that finale was perfect. It stayed true to the show’s feel. Nothing felt cheap. It was a tense, powerful ending. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ike said:

I’m really fucking excited for the Sharp Objects show with Amy Adams on HBO. If you enjoyed Gone Girl, you will love this. It’s the authors best book by far. 

gone girl was pretty good. 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

gone girl was pretty good. 

Sharp Objects is better and honestly, the twist is fucking insane even moreso than the one in Gone Girl. I really like that author. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Ike said:

Sharp Objects is better and honestly, the twist is fucking insane even moreso than the one in Gone Girl. I really like that author. 

I've only read Gone Girl and Dark Places, with Gone Girl being far better. Gotta check out Sharp Objects.

The Gone Girl movie btw is one of the best book to movie adaptions ever. 

11 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I've only read Gone Girl and Dark Places, with Gone Girl being far better. Gotta check out Sharp Objects.

The Gone Girl movie btw is one of the best book to movie adaptions ever. 

You’ll really enjoy Sharp Objects. It’s soooo fucked up. Flynn is a fantastic author. And I completely agree about it being a great adaptation. Poor NPH. :sad: 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Twinblade said:

i need to catch up with the americans. I skipped this season and im pretty sure i skipped last year's as well.

Man..this last season was top tier. I can easily say it’s one of the best shows ever. 

2 hours ago, Ike said:

Better Call Saul in August. Vince Gilligan said this season is essentially Breaking Bad. This show is probably the most well written show on TV. 

It better be. It’s been like a year and a half wait. I’m dying lol. But I heard they needed the extra time to make sure the continuity was on point, so I’m expecting lots of cameos, even alternate perspectives of certain breaking bad arcs.