The Official "What are you watching?" thread

10 hours ago, Turtle said:

I just finished watching planet earth 2. Not enough turtles to be honest but it was still good. 

:D

I ruined planet earth series by getting to watch it stoned as fuck on a nice TV at someone's place for hours on a spur. It will never be as phenomenal again.

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So here’s my quick review of hereditary:   1. It’s nowhere near being the scariest movie ever. It’s more of an unsettling thriller.    2. It’s surprisingly unpredictable. The trail

my mini review of mother:   I finally saw the movie Mother. I think it’s a better work of art, and conversation piece, than it is a film. The symbolism and metaphors are fantastic, and it wa

this looks nuts

Posted Images

1 hour ago, kokujin said:

Daredevil was dope and I hate the comic or the idea of it.  I feel luke cage is only cool,  to see a black super hero story but also thought it was meh.

Jj, I had zero expectations for so I managed. I wonder if I really want to check out the defenders.  I doubt anything will connect like DD did.

I would say watch Defenders simply because it sets up for season 3 of Daredevil.

On 10/22/2017 at 10:16 AM, .ic said:

i know dude, we talked about it, we both agreed on the shotgun scene being fucked up. :ben:

the thing is when i look up movies and the plot sounds good lot of movies still end up being shit. espeically horror genre. so many bad movies. :scared:

maybe you guys should try we are still here, kinda weird but good. or the visit, its more psychological horror. housebound was fun too, more like comedy.

ohhhh lol. my memory sucks, especially when it comes to movies/tv shows. i watch so many and talk to lots of people about them. 

4 minutes ago, biohazard said:

Don't Breathe. Good but dumb because the punk kid with the Beretta would have just wasted that old fucker IRL.

i liked don't breathe. though, the good neighbor is better imo. 

fuck the reviews, this movie was great!

• Like 1
On 10/22/2017 at 10:06 PM, kokujin said:

Daredevil was dope and I hate the comic or the idea of it.  I feel luke cage is only cool,  to see a black super hero story but also thought it was meh.

Jj, I had zero expectations for so I managed. I wonder if I really want to check out the defenders.  I doubt anything will connect like DD did.

Luke Cage should've happened backwards.  Cottonmouth was great, but Diamondback was shit.  Diamondback should've been the initial badguy and then the reveal should have been cottonmouth pulling the strings.

Diamondback was too goddamned stupid to be portrayed as dangerously as he was.  Like how does some dude who kills all of his goons get to the top?  Doesn't make sense.

49 minutes ago, Michael85 said:

Luke Cage should've happened backwards.  Cottonmouth was great, but Diamondback was shit.  Diamondback should've been the initial badguy and then the reveal should have been cottonmouth pulling the strings.

Diamondback was too goddamned stupid to be portrayed as dangerously as he was.  Like how does some dude who kills all of his goons get to the top?  Doesn't make sense.

Very good point. Diamond back was wreck less and really the #2 guy. But I believe diamond back got almost 10 episodes. Anyone notice the bullet proof hoody black role model was  (coincidence?)* a superhero spin on the trayvon Martin story? Also how "the people" help luke avoid the law and he works underground. I think the director was intentionally playing tribute and empathy and hope to the African American population in current US times. That was its charm. The show itself was meh.

6 minutes ago, kokujin said:

Very good point. Diamond back was wreck less and really the #2 guy. But I believe diamond back got almost 10 episodes. Anyone notice the bullet proof hoody black role model was  (coincidence?)* a superhero spin on the trayvon Martin story? Also how "the people" help luke avoid the law and he works underground. I think the director was intentionally playing tribute and empathy and hope to the African American population in current US times. That was its charm. The show itself was meh.

Hard to miss, it was pretty overt.  They had Sway say it directly over the radio half-way through the series.  Nice take on a modern black superhero.

Here's hoping Coogler can direct an episode in Season 2.