Sign in to follow this  
KaptainAza

First footage of Hollow on Switch (Horror FPS in UE4 )

-GD-    100

the switch can pump out some surprisingly great visuals. i don't think many people realize how good mario rabbids looks, even in portable mode. 

KaptainAza    22

Switch has about 3-4 years left till console experiences will lool gimp on it.

But exclusives will still look fantastic for it from Japan. There is always PS4 Pro and PS5 in 2-3 years.

Cookester15    207
1 minute ago, KaptainAza said:

But exclusives will still look fantastic for it from Japan. There is always PS4 Pro and PS5 in 2-3 years.

i expect an upgraded model in 2 years. 

KaptainAza    22
1 minute ago, Cooke said:

i expect an upgraded model in 2 years. 

Sizewise maybe. Portable only. Maybe.

This thing is going have the same specs for a long long time unless Nintendo can bend the laws of thermodynamics.

A "New" 3DS Switch is very very faraway.

Cookester15    207
1 minute ago, KaptainAza said:

This thing is going have the same specs for a long long time unless Nintendo can bend the laws of thermodynamics.

why would they ditch the tv connectivity? its not costing them anymore. Portable mode just gimps the processors.  The new model would use the X2, there is no bending the laws of thermodynamics there, its a chip that already exists. 

KaptainAza    22

A handheld only model will be cheaper, smaller, more portable and cover a segment of handheld only gamers or those that want better portability.

Its bound to happen.

Cookester15    207
2 minutes ago, KaptainAza said:

A handheld only model will be cheaper, smaller, more portable and cover a segment of handheld only gamers or those that want better portability.

Its bound to happen.

nah it would limit the audience and would definitely not be worth the investment. Why make a model that only does portable if you can do both for virtually the same cost?  The X1 chip only uses its full power in docked mode.. so are they going to make a weaker chipset for portable? If not its just wasted potential.  

Goukosan    12

in 4 year there will be a new switch

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Goukosan    12

Its bound to happen.
that defeats the entire purpose of the switch and limits it.... its a hybrid and that's the selling point.

KaptainAza    22

A new Switch will still have to use the base.

Switch is looking good because it launched 3+ uears after the PS4. A new Switch launching at a much earlier date closer to PS5 is going to lag much more than the gap between Switch and PS4.

We're still very very faraway till a tablet for 300 will be able to match base PS4 let alone a PS5.

Edited by KaptainAza

Goukosan    12

bend what laws of thermodynamics? the X2 chip already exists. If they want they can do a Switch pro in 2 years with an X2.

Or they can wait till the X3 in 4 years and launch a new console then.

Goukosan    12
A new Switch will still have to use the base.
Switch is looking good because it launched 3+ uears after the PS4. A new Switch launching at a much earlier date closer to PS5 is going to lag much more than the gap between Switch and PS4.
We're still very very faraway till a tablet for 300 will be able to match base PS4 let alone a PS5.
Nintendo + Nvidia are in it for the long haul. Future Nintendo consoles will be backwards compatible because they're staying within the Nvidia X chip family for at least the next 10 years. (they have already announced this partnership)

There's already an Nvidia X2 chip that's released and it's more powerful than the X1 in the switch.

By the the time they're ready to launch Switch 2 in 4 years we may be at X3 or X4.

-GD-    100
11 minutes ago, Cooke said:

the demo is up on steam. Definitely a Deadspace clone which is fine by me. 

it seems like it borrows more from  frictional games' type of software, which is a good thing. 

Cookester15    207
5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Nintendo + Nvidia are in it for the long haul. Future Nintendo consoles will be backwards compatible because they're staying within the Nvidia X chip family for at least the next 10 years. (they have already announced this partnership)

There's already an Nvidia X2 chip that's released and it's more powerful than the X1 in the switch.

By the the time they're ready to launch Switch 2 in 4 years we may be at X3 or X4.

Also it's called Switch because it switches between portable and console mode. They would have to change the name lol.