Sign in to follow this  
Goukosan

Official Politics Thread.

12 hours ago, Sublyminal said:

As a Virginian, I can tell you that this state has always been Democrat at least since I moved here. It's not going to change anytime soon, no matter who was in the WH. Abe Lincoln could have been in the WH and Virginia would have still gone blue.  

wut.

Virginia is a blue state in 2017, but 5 years ago it was purple and 10 years ago it was purple-leaning-red. Virginia isn't New York or California. They don't even beat the national vote percentages when they do vote blue.

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

wut.

Virginia is a blue state in 2017, but 5 years ago it was purple and 10 years ago it was purple-leaning-red. Virginia isn't New York or California. They don't even beat the national vote percentages when they do vote blue.

10 years ago it was blue as blue could be. Tim Kaine was governor.  I base my red blue comment off of the Governorship. It doesn't matter if the state assembly is red or if the senate is red. If the govnorship is blue then the state is blue.

59 minutes ago, Sublyminal said:

10 years ago it was blue as blue could be. Tim Kaine was governor.  I base my red blue comment off of the Governorship. It doesn't matter if the state assembly is red or if the senate is red. If the govnorship is blue then the state is blue.

Reducing a state's political leaning to the political party of the governor at a given point in time is silly. Are you going to suggest Louisiana is currently a blue state? Was California red as red could be from 2003 to 2011 just because Arnold had an R next to his name?