Sign in to follow this  
Quad Damage

How would you rate Xbox One's first 4 years on the market?

On 11/6/2017 at 12:58 PM, Hot Sauce said:

NXdGlD9.png

:trump:

Lmao this is funny as fuck.

But it’s 2017 and most of us are 30+ now,  are we really still pretending Xbox and PC sharing games hurts the Xbox brand ?

I mean it’s fun for system wars and all,   But that’s it.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, CarlosV said:

But it’s 2017 and most of us are 30+ now,  are we really still pretending Xbox and PC sharing games hurts the Xbox brand ?

Indeed.

20 minutes ago, CarlosV said:

Obviously it hurts the Xbox brand :| Anything that decreases reasons to invest in a console hurts the brand

It doesn’t hurt the Microsoft brand but it certainly hurts the Xbox brand

Not really because it's a different market . 

Guess it hurts Sony when almost of of the PS4 games go to PC also .

But Sony is winning because of some shitty naughty dog games ? ROFL .

Idiots 

28 minutes ago, CarlosV said:

True point. Tho this argument helps the OG xbox more than this one,  which has lost so much 1st and 2nd party,  no?  What is there besides 343 halo that's console exclusive anymore? ?

7 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Obviously it hurts the Xbox brand :| Anything that decreases reasons to invest in a console hurts the brand

I don’t think so man.  We’re the hardcore fans that go on forums to talk about this.

Only like 1 of 1,000 gamers care about this shit

9 minutes ago, Voidler said:

You completely missed the point. Pc players and console rabids are completely different people. To the point where you're missing out on just a few thousand manticores a month.  I love how you don't take his entire argument and then reiterate an idea WE ALL KNOW. 

Fuck, no I don't actually. People with your brain skills are the problem. :|

42 minutes ago, CarlosV said:

Sounds like what a 30+ year old lemming would say to try and dismiss the fact that it really is hurting the brand. I mean... It's been 4 years and the Xbox One hasn't even sold half of what Xbox 360 did. :ben:

8 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Sounds like what a 30+ year old lemming would say to try and dismiss the fact that it really is hurting the brand. I mean... It's been 4 years and the Xbox One hasn't even sold half of what Xbox 360 did. :ben:

Only console I’ve purchased and kept this gen is Switch,  and it won’t be opened until Xmas.

i did get my brothers hand me down Xbox One when he got a One X tho

3 minutes ago, CarlosV said:

Only console I’ve purchased and kept this gen is Switch,  and it won’t be opened until Xmas.

i did get my brothers hand me down Xbox One when he got a One X tho

Make sure and hit up Sunset Overdrive. One of Insomniacs best new IPs.

34 minutes ago, CarlosV said:

I don’t think so man.  We’re the hardcore fans that go on forums to talk about this.

Only like 1 of 1,000 gamers care about this shit

Nah. We just know what we are actually talking about. Go on Facebook and look at al the casual gamers arguing console wars with pure venom in comments sections. And the funny thing is they use the same arguments they just get all the facts wrong 

The other truth is that exclusives do matter for console legacies. It’s the differentiator, and if consoles don’t have that then they will be forgotten. The only reason Xbox is here today is because it had an exclusive like Halo. 

14 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Make sure and hit up Sunset Overdrive. One of Insomniacs best new IPs.

I need to setup game sharing,  I think my brother has that game 

44 minutes ago, kokujin said:

You completely missed the point. Pc players and console rabids are completely different people. To the point where you're missing out on just a few thousand manticores a month.  I love how you don't take his entire argument and then reiterate an idea WE ALL KNOW. 

Fuck, no I don't actually. People with your brain skills are the problem. :|

Go taste another dick

Btw is the PS4 UI as atrocious as the Xbox One?

I wanted to get rid of my Blu-ray player and my Apple TV from the living room.   But the Apple UI, iPhone keyboard, and easy voice commands are too much to give up for a shitty UI

2013:

Dead Rising 3

Forza 5

Killer Instinct

Ryse

Overall rating: 8/10 for a launch, dead rising 3 was better than everything on playstation 4.

2014:

Sunset Overdrive

Titanfall

Halo MCC

Forza Horizon 2

9/10 for this year, SSO and Titanfall were the best 2 games of 2014.

2015:

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Halo 5

Forza 6

Rare Replay

Gears Ultimate

10/10 for this year, Tomb Raider defined this generation of games, with horizon, god of war, and a host of other games downright copying its gameplay and aesthetics.

2016:

Quantum Break

Ori

Inside

Gears 4

Dead Rising 4

Forza Horizon 3

Recore

10/10 for this year again, much better than PS4.

2017:

Halo Wars 2

Forza 7

Cuphead

PUBG

6/10 for this year, cuphead alone is better than playstation's lineup but the 1X launch definitely soaked up resources away from new games.

By all means, MS has destroyed Sony's output this gen. The media simply will not let MS win and switches narratives whenever it suits Sony. Now it's 'Xbox has no games' but when Andrew House's little ass came out and said straight up 'we have no games, our lineup is sparse' everyone jumped to claim multiplats were defect playstation exclusives because 900p on X1 made them unplayable.

Fast forward to this year where X1X is doing +800p difference in some games and now it's niche Japanese weird games that sell 15k copies (lamo grab rush 2 already shut down on psn:laff:) that define how good a console is.

Pathetic spin this year. 

Edited by Bodycount611

Apparently, it turns out that among REAL home theater tech enthusiasts, both the Xbox One S and the X are quite possibly the two worst 4K UHD blu ray players on the entire market?????

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2017/11/12/the-xbox-one-x-4k-blu-ray-player-is-a-disaster/#7879b64d2bde

The problem is raised black levels when playing high dynamic range images (which are the star attraction of pretty much all 4K Blu-ray discs) into HDR-capable TVs. Watch a dark 4K Blu-ray scene, such as the one in Spider-Man: Homecoming where Spidey is rescued from a lake at night by Iron Man, and the HDR night sky looks much brighter, much more infused with blue and much noisier than it does if I watch the same scene on other 4K Blu-ray players such as the Panasonic UB900 or Oppo 203. Even the black bars above and below wide aspect ratio films look markedly greyer from the Xbox One X than they do via any other 4K Blu-ray player.

This is because something about the way the Xbox One X is outputting its video seems to be raising the base luminance level of the entire high dynamic range image.

The issue also affects color and detail, with some tones looking washed out compared with how they look on other 4K Blu-ray decks. Some very bright shots look flared and bleached, too, and noise levels are consistently elevated rather than this issue only affecting dark scenes. Which is all exactly what you would expect to see if an image isn’t being presented with the correct luminance information.

However, even after making this change black levels still look washed out relative to how they should look, colors still routinely look wrong, and noise levels are still routinely substantially higher than they should be. It's the same deal, too, with an LG OLED65E7 TV (though since this TV runs much less brightly than the Samsung set, the noise, at least, is less obvious).

It’s worth adding that the HDMI Black Level setting is set to Auto and greyed out when I use other 4K Blu-ray players on the Samsung TV, whereas it’s still open for adjustment when using the Xbox One X. So this would seem to be another issue that Microsoft needs to fix.

Comparing the Xbox One X with the Xbox One S, I was quite surprised to see similar issues on the S; I don’t remember the S looking quite so problematic when I looked at its 4K Blu-ray abilities in the summer of 2016. Maybe something Microsoft has done since the console launched has made 4K Blu-ray playback worse? Though it’s also true that stand-alone 4K Blu-ray players since the S was launched (I use other players for my disc testing and day to day 4K BD viewing) have raised the picture quality bar for the 4K Blu-ray format.

However, the issues don't seem to me as consistently damaging to picture quality on the S as they are on the X (I’d welcome feedback on this on my Twitter channel from anyone who’s got both consoles and can have a look for themselves).

How come this hasn't been reported? Probably because the people who have been boasting about the S ability to play UHD Blu-Ray never actually used that function?