Sign in to follow this  
Cookester15

What is your favorite mobster movie?

dude, I watched this move while looking up Tom hanks movies. And it fucking owned. I never watched it again but I want to. :-*

4 minutes ago, .ic said:

dude, I watched this move while looking up Tom hanks movies. And it fucking owned. I never watched it again but I want to. :-*

It's an amazing film. Beautiful cinematography and acting the whole way through.  

Perdition is amazing and often forgotten.   Not sure why. Obviously The Departed is right up there and I have a soft spot for Killing Them Softly.. Ray Liotta was perfect. 

• Like 1

Ray Liottta is such a good actor and you are right.  There are a lot of good movies in that genre. 

People always rely on goodfellas but the effort other movies put in to make good movies is unappreciated. :shake:

5 minutes ago, .ic said:

People always rely on goodfellas but the effort other movies put in to make good movies is unappreciated. :shake:

i've seen probably every good mobster flick. while i don't love the last 1/3 of goodfellas, the first 2 acts are god tier. 

but i love them all, ranging from the public enemy (30's) to the godfather trilogy to miller's crossing (came out close to goodfellas).  i hate when people say goodfellas is the easy "go to" flick, and other ones aren't appreciated. they are appreciated. goodfellas is just better. it's probably one of the most quote-worthy mobster flicks around. i can watch it, repeatedly. i will admit that it lacks the grit of something like miller's crossing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cookester15 said:

I'm gonna watch road to Perdition tonight 

it's a great flick! 

48 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i've seen probably every good mobster flick. while i don't love the last 1/3 of goodfellas, the first 2 acts are god tier. 

but i love them all, ranging from the public enemy (30's) to the godfather trilogy to miller's crossing (came out close to goodfellas).  i hate when people say goodfellas is the easy "go to" flick, and other ones aren't appreciated. they are appreciated. goodfellas is just better. it's probably one of the most quote-worthy mobster flicks around. i can watch it, repeatedly. i will admit that it lacks the grit of something like miller's crossing. 

yea I agree. :obama:

• Like 1

Just now, roflpwnedz said:

Scarface

ha i think that's more of a cartel flick, but damn that movie is godly. i think i've seen it 100 times. no joke.