Sign in to follow this  
Twinblade

EA post defending Battlefront 2's business model is most downvoted in reddit history

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Why is it so fucking hard for developers/publishers to just give us a cool fucking star wars story campaign with epic graphics, and give us a fun multiplayer with all the characters that we know and love available to play as on the disc.  Why do we need all this progression shit?  Every couple months give us a new level arena to play in, and maybe throw a new mode in to keep us interested, and have some skins to buy for a couple bucks.  I'd buy so many fucking more games if they just did that.  Star Wars fans would pay for that type shit.  But when you block such obvious things behind a big price or a huge grind... nobody is interested in that shit.  It's insulting.

Yeah, but you have to remember that the original game got a lot of flak for its lack of content so all these shit systems are an attempt to address that....problem is they went too far and ended up turning the game into a microtransaction filled grind as a result.

6 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Why is it so fucking hard for developers/publishers to just give us a cool fucking star wars story campaign with epic graphics, and give us a fun multiplayer with all the characters that we know and love available to play as on the disc.  Why do we need all this progression shit?  Every couple months give us a new level arena to play in, and maybe throw a new mode in to keep us interested, and have some skins to buy for a couple bucks.  I'd buy so many fucking more games if they just did that.  Star Wars fans would pay for that type shit.  But when you block such obvious things behind a big price or a huge grind... nobody is interested in that shit.  It's insulting.

Because a tiny portion of the population are gambling addicts that spend literally thousands of dollars on these loot crates because it gives them a rush.  There was a reddit post that said if 10% of an EA game's player base buys the loot crates, then the game makes an ass load more money.  Like multiple times more than just selling the game alone.  As long as that holds true, then they'll not only keep doing this, but it'll get worse and worse and worse.

The only thing that will stop this is when the non-purchasers get tired of loot crates and simply stop buying games that have them.  Your average whale isn't going to spend money on loot crates when their matchmaking is empty and they have nobody to show the loot to.

is it 40 hours in a row? what's the grind?  I like ambitious ideas, and I think we should always keep a platform for devs to make them.  Otherwise shit gets stale and boring. 

Just now, Bodycount611 said:

poor EA. and to think this whole loot crate hate parade started as a means to throttle Forza 7's fantastic metascore, but now EA is paying the price.

thanks xbox. 

Its pretty much entering the realm of gambling.

They should create a special gambling edition of Battlefront, and then just a basic version for everybody else.

And gambling is also federally regulated by the government. They need to open up their stats and algorithms to oversight.

4 minutes ago, Bodycount611 said:

poor EA. and to think this whole loot crate hate parade started as a means to throttle Forza 7's fantastic metascore, but now EA is paying the price.

At least Microsoft has some simple intentions that were not evil.

.........they had NO games for months on end, and were trying to find ways to force their dumbass console owners who just dropped another $500 a reason to keep on playing for hundreds of hours.

That's not malicious. Just incompetent.

I played the beta

fucking awful omg

i even forced myself to play a few games instead of just quitting. its like a sloppy slidey shitty battlefield that looks really pretty