Sign in to follow this  
Remij_

DICE just turned off microtransactions for Battlefront 2

I know theres already a thread on this, but im only now learning that it was DICE who implemented that garbage. I always assumed it was EA upper management that forced them to put it in the game.

So disappointed right now...

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I know theres already a thread on this, but im only now learning that it was DICE who implemented that garbage. I always assumed it was EA upper management that forced them to put it in the game.

So disappointed right now...

You should hate them now like we all have for years. 

This reminds me of WB pulling Arkham Knight from Steam, what a fucking disaster.

It's great to see how much a community can impact things though when they band together.

I talked to my brother about this and the only thing he said was that he will preorder cyberpunk 2077 and play on release like he did with witcher 3 and not regret it. 

It's sad EA/DICE still uses words like "best interest" for gamers and people still buy into their shit. fuck em.

29 minutes ago, .ic said:

I talked to my brother about this and the only thing he said was that he will preorder cyberpunk 2077 and play on release like he did with witcher 3 and not regret it. 

It's sad EA/DICE still uses words like "best interest" for gamers and people still buy into their shit. fuck em.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-will-have-online-elements-value-of-gaas-must-be-acknowledged-cdpr-ceo.6520/

SQUIRM MOTHERFUCKERS! :adhd:YOU FUCKING SCUM OF THE EARTH TRYING TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF FAT DISGUSTING STAR WARS FANS THAT BUY $200 ACTION FIGURES HOW DARE YOU TRY AND FUCK THESE NOBLE CLIENTELE:adhd:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

Don't respect a company for fixing a problem that they caused on purpose.

I thought ea did it, then dice went out under them and made the gamer decision. That story, I respect.

27 minutes ago, kokujin said:

I thought ea did it, then dice went out under them and made the gamer decision. That story, I respect.

Subsidiaries don't get to make decisions that go against their parent companies' wishes.

45 minutes ago, kokujin said:

DICE and EA are one in the same.  It's like saying EA's finger did something but not it's brain.

54 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Subsidiaries don't get to make decisions that go against their parent companies' wishes.

i'm not sure about that in this case. Why didn't EA make a statement then?  Perhaps they both bedded together and thought the outrage and backlash in general was so bad, they had to go back on the entire formula. 

We all know that they are turning this system off just long enough for launch period to pass by, and the refund button disappears on Origin, and then they will put it back in exactly as they had planned.

This is why I don't respect DICE.  They are the fucking Jay Leno of the video game industry.

Talented. Absolutely, don't argue that for a second.

But they are "company men". Complicit in doing shady bullshit, and sometimes actually initiates bullshit because they want to impress the corporate execs.

1 hour ago, kokujin said:

i'm not sure about that in this case.

It's the same in every case. EA is DICE's boss.

Why didn't EA make a statement then? 

Who at EA would you expect to make a statement and why?

Perhaps they both bedded together and thought the outrage and backlash in general was so bad, they had to go back on the entire formula. 

Perhaps they did. Though that's not DICE going under EA to fix the game

32 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

It's the same in every case. EA is DICE's boss.

Who at EA would you expect to make a statement and why?

Perhaps they did. Though that's not DICE going under EA to fix the game

I really think this was a unique decision where DICE thought they had (enough) reign over game play decisions,  thus turning off micro transactions via an authority loophole.

Edited by kokujin