Sign in to follow this  
JonB1

Why does Xenoblade look like a 3ds game

12 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Have been playing XB2 docked all this time. Finally tried it in portable mode.

Yea there is a resolution issue on this title in portable mode. Monolith Soft better patch this soon.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

thanks for the heads up. i was going to get it, but i need it to look better in handheld mode. 

thanks for the heads up. i was going to get it, but i need it to look better in handheld mode. 
it looks like an optimization issue. Wait to see if they patch it.

368p LMFAO . Only 720 docked .

edark said: 
It's a big one with many different points, so here is an extensive summary:

Resolution:
Docked:
- Dynamic resolution, but mostly 720p throughout the game, with a sophisticated TAA solution that makes it looks cleaner but slightly blurrier;

Undocked:
- Dynamic resolution, very low, down to 368p at its lowest and up to 552p;
- Worst image quality in a Switch game in portable mode;

General points on visuals:
- Still a beautiful game;
- per-object motion blur;
- Great specular highlights;
- Very good cloud simulation, with proper volume;
- Screen space reflections for water reflections, an improvement from XBCX's cube maps;
- Improved lighting from XBCX, with a simulated ambient lighting feature;
- High foliage density;
- Good draw distance, though still visible (much better than XBCX);
- Realistic light diffusion and reflections;
- Good ambient occlusion;
- Shadows are static - they do not change depending on time of day;
- Collision detection is much better than XBCX;
- Side characters can look slightly iffy.

Points on frame rate:
- Performance is generally 30 fps, however;
- Memory issue/bug causes problems for frame rate when leaving a certain location and returning to it;
- It could be a memory streaming limitation, but the speed of the storage medium did not influence the results, so likely a bug;
- Other than that, mostly 30 fps;
- handheld feels similar to docked in terms of frame rate.

yup, they need to optimize the hand held mode for this game like I said a few posts up.

May return it until its patched.

I watched the video . Patch or not this game is held back by wiiu2 hardware .

The art looks really good . Imagine this on Pro at 1440p or PC , hdr etc .

Game would look phenomenal.

Why is this a switch exclusive ? Does Nintendo help financing ?

I watched the video . Patch or not this game is held back by wiiu2 hardware .
The art looks really good . Imagine this on Pro at 1440p or PC , hdr etc .
Game would look phenomenal.

Why is this a switch exclusive ? Does Nintendo help financing ?
A patch would fix the memory leak bug and the Res on Hand Held Mode.

As DF said its still a great game just needs a performance patch for Handheld mode.

Why is this a Switch Exclusive you say? Nintendo owns Monolithsoft Studio, they bought them more than 10 years ago :umad:

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

As DF said its still a great game just needs a performance patch for Handheld mode.

Why is this a Switch Exclusive you say? Nintendo owns Monolithsoft Studio, they bought them more than 10 years ago :umad:

I didn't know they bought them . That sucks . Will never get to actually experience this game how it should be .

At best the game will be 540p in handheld mode . At best .

And that's if they even patch it .

I'm not mad goober . You should be . You're considering returning a game we're excited for because wiiu2 is so weak 

I didn't know they bought them . That sucks . Will never get to actually experience this game how it should be .
At best the game will be 540p in handheld mode . At best .
And that's if they even patch it .

I'm not mad goober . You should be . You're considering returning a game we're excited for because wiiu2 is so weak 

They have produced one AAA and two AAs. First two games sold about a million each, this one will surpass that as well and they have an open world action game in development.

I can repurchase it when its patched and its fine in docked mode. I'm gonna play some more docked mode after work to see if im keeping it.

You think a first party game with a memory leak and a handheld mode resolution issue won't be patched? lol ok bro.

Mario Kart aside all Nintendo games Splatoon, Zelda, Mario etc all run at sub 720p in handheld mode.

There is nothing to patch its just the limitations of the hardware. I dont see an issue here, its handheld mode, there are supposed to be downgrades.

Edited by KaptainAza

23 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

They have produced one AAA and two AAs. First two games sold about a million each, this one will surpass that as well and they have an open world action game in development.

I can repurchase it when its patched and its fine in docked mode. I'm gonna play some more docked mode after work to see if im keeping it.

You think a first party game with a memory leak and a handheld mode resolution issue won't be patched? lol ok bro.

It still looks rough at 720p . Games with awesome artstyle shine at higher resolutions . I'm sure it will be emimated on PC at some point .

And no , I don't think they will be in a big hurry to patch the game .

6 minutes ago, KaptainAza said:

Mario Kart aside all Nintendo games Splatoon, Zelda, Mario etc all run at sub 720p in handheld mode.

There is nothing to patch its just the limitations of the hardware. I dont see an issue here, its handheld mode, there are supposed to be downgrades.

It's sub HD ffs 

Those games you listed are dynamic res, majority 720p in handheld mode.

I have the game, there is a memory leak that is demonstrated in the video + super low res in handheld mode issue.

There is a HUGE difference between dynamic handheld 720p of the other games and Xeno 2 handheld res.

11 hours ago, Goukosan said:

I don't expect a patch to do anything for the resolution. It's 720p with a dynamic resolution scaler, the system halves its GPU compute in handheld mode so 368p makes sense.

The Switch is for all intents and purposes a portable capable Wii U. Don't expect miracles.

Its 720p in docked and that has 2.5x the GPU power of handheld. The portable resolutions make perfect sense.

Edt: lol said same thing as Cop.

Edited by KaptainAza

I don't expect a patch to do anything for the resolution. It's 720p with a dynamic resolution scaler, the system halves its GPU compute in handheld mode so 368p makes sense.

The Switch is for all intents and purposes a portable capable Wii U. Don't expect miracles.

Who said anything about expecting miracles?

The game has a memory bug and handheld mode obviously wasn't optimized fully.

The patch will be for memory bug fixes and handheld optimizations.

No Switch game Doom included uses post processing anti ailising like their PS XBox counterparts.

A 720p Switch game will never have image quality as good as a 720p PS4 XBox game.