Sign in to follow this  
Remij_

AMD quietly downgrades one of their GPUs, hopes people wont notice

The question though is did it actually change anything? Did they supplement with frequency increases? Did they mature the architecture to perform the same with less? When you start asking question the dramatics fall away.

AMD is anything but a scummy company, that title is universally reserved by Nvidia. So, with that said if this was done it was for a logical reason. 

One more thing, where are they hoping people won't notice lol? You're so full of shit.

Edited by DynamiteCop!

13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The question though is did it actually change anything? Did they supplement with frequency increases? Did they mature the architecture to perform the same with less? When you start asking question the dramatics fall away.

AMD is anything but a scummy company, that title is universally reserved by Nvidia. So, with that said if this was done it was for a logical reason. 

One more thing, where are they hoping people won't notice lol? You're so full of shit.

The frequencies are the exact same

sUmxjrXpzszpAjnqbY5T8Q-650-80.jpg

They took the 560, which was upgraded from 896 SPs of the 460, to 1024 SPs.  They are now essentially downgrading the 560 to a 460.... That's beyond scummy.

The fact that there's boards out there of both varieties and that no media was informed is scummy as FUCK.  This is worse than the Nvidia 3.5gb ram issue... because at least the system actually had 4GB of ram at the end of the day, and the card performed as advertised.

And AMD is a scummy company.. sorry to break it to you.  They've done shady shit in the past.. but obviously can't get away with the same shit Nvidia does because they simply can't compete with Nvidia.

And yes... I'm sure it WAS done for a logical reason... like saving them money and improving yields.... 

And when you don't inform the public about changes to your hardware lineup... you're hoping people won't notice... stop being delusional.

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Who gives a shit, 560s are garbage. Is that what you're sporting Lemij? Half ass Hermit. :mj:

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

giphy.gif

Figures. You can't identify to your proper faction nor can you PC game properly. :shake:

they're phoning it in now because they know all serious PC gamers have transitioned into Xbox One X ownership. No need to pay 2-3x the cost of an X1X for worse performance and GFX, and shit 3rd party support. :glad:

Just now, lynux3 said:

Figures. You can't identify to your proper faction nor can you PC game properly. :shake:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Bodycount611 said:

they're phoning it in now because they know all serious PC gamers have transitioned into Xbox One X ownership. No need to pay 2-3x the cost of an X1X for worse performance and GFX, and shit 3rd party support. :glad:

So even PC gamers are better Xbox fans than you.. :tom:

Xbox1Xcount = 0 :rofl:

Let us know when you actually buy the console you hype shit for brains :mickeyj:

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

giphy.gif

At least you finallyadmit it. How long have you been hiding behind the PC? :roff: 

2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

The frequencies are the exact same

sUmxjrXpzszpAjnqbY5T8Q-650-80.jpg

They took the 560, which was upgraded from 896 SPs of the 460, to 1024 SPs.  They are now essentially downgrading the 560 to a 460.... That's beyond scummy.

The fact that there's boards out there of both varieties and that no media was informed is scummy as FUCK.  This is worse than the Nvidia 3.5gb ram issue... because at least the system actually had 4GB of ram at the end of the day, and the card performed as advertised.

And AMD is a scummy company.. sorry to break it to you.  They've done shady shit in the past.. but obviously can't get away with the same shit Nvidia does because they simply can't compete with Nvidia.

And yes... I'm sure it WAS done for a logical reason... like saving them money and improving yields.... 

And when you don't inform the public about changes to your hardware lineup... you're hoping people won't notice... stop being delusional.

As I said, are there architectural improvements?  It doesn't seem like you have any actual knowledge and are mostly parroting so I'm clearly talking to the wrong person. Where are the benchmarks? Where is anything that shows this card as being inferior in practice?

Obviously it's a revision, did you ever stop to think that it may have Vega architectural improvements that allow it to do more with less? You've got hardware figures, not practical performance data and you're speculating reasoning you have no knowledge of.

It's a lot of hodgepodge limp dick conjecture right now as far as I'm concerned.

14 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

As I said, are there architectural improvements?  It doesn't seem like you have any actual knowledge and are mostly parroting so I'm clearly talking to the wrong person. Where are the benchmarks? Where is anything that shows this card as being inferior in practice?

Obviously it's a revision, did you ever stop to think that it may have Vega architectural improvements that allow it to do more with less? You've got hardware figures, not practical performance data and you're speculating reasoning you have no knowledge of.

It's a lot of hodgepodge limp dick conjecture right now as far as I'm concerned.

Dude.. that shit doesn't matter.  Up until this point, if you bought a 560, you were getting guaranteed specs.  You go and buy one now... you have to look and see which one you are buying.  What fucking architectural improvements are you expecting from the exact same hardware.. simply with cut down CUs?  LOL.. dude.. think a little bit.

And speaking about not having any knowledge, it's apparent you ARE talking to the wrong person, because you don't even seem to know that this isn't a VEGA card.. it's Polaris. It's not doing anything more with less.  This is a cut down card, and they 'redefined' the specs and general performance to reflect that.  The fact that the two cards can both be called RX560 and are being sold for the same price is a sham.  And the simple fact is that I don't need benchmarks to prove to me that this 560 performs worse... the fact is.. based on the specs.. it's guaranteed to perform worse.  Which is why it's scummy that they list performance in "up to" terms.

If it performed the same.. AMD should have released a press release and informed media and potential customers that it was altering the specs.

Edited by Remij_

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Dude.. that shit doesn't matter.  Up until this point, if you bought a 560, you were getting guaranteed specs.  You go and buy one now... you have to look and see which one you are buying.  What fucking architectural improvements are you expecting from the exact same hardware.. simply with cut down CUs?  LOL.. dude.. think a little bit.

And speaking about not having any knowledge, it's apparent you ARE talking to the wrong person, because you don't even seem to know that this isn't a VEGA card.. it's Polaris. It's not doing anything more with less.  This is a cut down card, and they 'redefined' the specs and general performance to reflect that.  The fact that the two cards can both be called RX560 is a sham.  And the simple fact is that I don't need benchmarks to prove to me that this 560 performs worse... the fact is.. based on the specs.. it's guaranteed to perform worse.  Which is why it's scummy that they list performance in "up to" terms.

If it performed the same.. AMD should have released a press release and informed media and potential customers that it was altering the specs.

You do realize that hardware architecture is not something fixed right? I guess not, It's not mutually exclusive, the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X both use Polaris GPU's, they also have some Vega features and architectural integration and improvements.

You don't know that it performs worse, you're speculating. If they made Vega improvements to the existing Polaris architecture it could perform as good as its counterpart even with on paper inferior hardware.

Don't act retarded like you're not aware of this.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

You do realize that hardware architecture is not something fixed right? I guess not, It's not mutually exclusive, the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X both use Polaris GPU's, they also have some Vega features and architectural integration and improvements.

You don't know that it performs worse, you're speculating. If they made Vega improvements to the existing Polaris architecture it could perform as good as its counterpart even with on paper inferior hardware.

Don't act retarded like you're not aware of this.

Don't be stupid man, seriously.  They didn't revise the hardware... they didn't make any architectural improvements..  If they had.. they would have announced and informed the public.  This is a CUT DOWN 560.. with 2 less CUs.  That's IT.  They didn't redesign the gpu or anything of the sort.  They are doing it to improve yields and save/make money.  Nothing more.

You claim I'm acting retarded, but I'm basing my points off the actual facts of the hardware.. you're defending them while purely speculating that they've made changes... even though anyone with half a wit of logic in their brain can understand that there's been no architectural improvements.  This isn't a revision.. this is AMD utilizing those defective die which wouldn't make the cut with 16 active CUs.

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

So even PC gamers are better Xbox fans than you.. :tom:

Xbox1Xcount = 0 :rofl:

Let us know when you actually buy the console you hype shit for brains :mickeyj:

I'm not a gfx whore, zero percent of my enjoyment comes from gfx so the bait doesn't apply to me. I've been playing the best games since day one this gen on a standard XBOX ONE.