Sign in to follow this  
ghostz

Official Phone Wars Thread.

7 minutes ago, ghostz said:

obviously it depends on your carrier, network congestion,  location etc. 

But the peak LTE speeds on the S9 is 42% faster than iPhone X.   If you're in a good service area the S9 will run laps around the iPhoneX. 

:smugd:

18 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

obviously it depends on your carrier, network congestion,  location etc. 

But the peak LTE speeds on the S9 is 42% faster than iPhone X.   If you're in a good service area the S9 will run laps around the iPhoneX. 

:smugd:

on a speed test, yes, otherwise, no, not really, as carriers speeds are limited wayyyyyyy slower than 1.2gbps lol

14 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I think Gouk just learned something new LOL

The S9 being superior to the iPhone X is not news to me. 

Carriers that have carrier aggregation implementation (sprint and tmobile) will allow the S9 to reach higher speeds than the iPhoneX.... not 43% faster as yet... but faster than iPhone X. 

5G is also set to start rolling out this year too. 

10 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The S9 being superior to the iPhone X is not news to me. 

Carriers that have carrier aggregation implementation (sprint and tmobile) will allow the S9 to reach higher speeds than the iPhoneX.... not 43% faster as yet... but faster than iPhone X. 

5G is also set to start rolling out this year too. 

sprint & tmobile aren't releasing 5g this year lol i mean i'd love it but i don't see that happening outside of many a city or two. i hope i'm wrong, do you have any news about that

32 minutes ago, ghostz said:

sprint & tmobile aren't releasing 5g this year lol i mean i'd love it but i don't see that happening outside of many a city or two. i hope i'm wrong, do you have any news about that

Carrier aggregation is already rolled out.  This allows faster 4G speeds. 

5G started in a few cities as of April this year I believe and more cities will be added in 2019.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-announces-new-york-city-phoenix-and-kansas-city-among-first-to-experience-sprint-5g.htm

"Sprint previously said that it would bring “5G-ready” network hardware to Chicago, Dallas, and Los Angeles by April 2018, followed by Atlanta, Houston, and Washington, D.C. later in the year. This hardware notably includes Massive MIMO radio antennas, which enable compatible devices to send and receive data on multiple radio channels at once, radically improving speeds. Some recent 4G/LTE devices support Massive MIMO, enabling users to achieve superior data rates and fewer dropped connections ahead of the 5G launch.

The company reaffirmed its plan “to deploy thousands of Massive MIMO radios” across 2018 and 2019, “significantly increasing network capacity for millions of customers across the country.”

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Carrier aggregation is already rolled out.  This allows faster 4G speeds. 

5G started in a few cities as if April this year I believe. 

Sprint previously said that it would bring “5G-ready” network hardware to Chicago, Dallas, and Los Angeles by April 2018, followed by Atlanta, Houston, and Washington, D.C. later in the year. This hardware notably includes Massive MIMO radio antennas, which enable compatible devices to send and receive data on multiple radio channels at once, radically improving speeds. Some recent 4G/LTE devices support Massive MIMO, enabling users to achieve superior data rates and fewer dropped connections ahead of the 5G launch.

The company reaffirmed its plan “to deploy thousands of Massive MIMO radios” across 2018 and 2019, “significantly increasing network capacity for millions of customers across the country.”

fuck dude sprint could have 10g and it would still be balls.

Just now, Goukosan said:

I get great speeds on Sprint in NY :smugd:

i keep going over my limit and they keep throttling me. fucking annoying. i also have no idea how i go through 30 gbs a month with ease. this is me trying to conserve lol there have been months ive been well over 100 gbs in the past

Edited by ghostz

Just now, ghostz said:

i keep going over my limit and they keep throttling me. fucking annoying. i also have no idea how i go through 30 gbs a month with ease

I don't get throttled and I sometimes use 70GB a month :smugd:

I didn't get baited into their new "unlimited" plans because it introduced throttling.   

Sprint never used to throttle until maybe 2 to 3 years ago, when they introduced new plans.   

How they get people is, if you leased or if you're under contract and want to renew, you have to get the new data plan. 

I financed and I got the data plan before they introduced throttling.  Im keeping this plan and remaining off contract and off financing. 

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I don't get throttled and I sometimes use 70GB a month :smugd:

I didn't get baited into their new "unlimited" plans because it introduced throttling.   

Sprint never used to throttle until maybe 2 to 3 years ago, when they introduced new plans.   

How they get people is, if you leased or if you're under contract and want to renew, you have to get the new data plan. 

I financed and I got the data plan before they introduced throttling.  Im keeping this plan and remaining off contract and off financing. 

It just started for me a few months ago. Not sure what I changed or if they just weren't telling me before. I have no idea how people go with like 2gb data limits. I'd be done before noon on the first day.

3 minutes ago, ghostz said:

It just started for me a few months ago. Not sure what I changed or if they just weren't telling me before. I have no idea how people go with like 2gb data limits. I'd be done before noon on the first day.

probably switched your plan to one of the "mandatory unlimited plans" that goes along with Financing now. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

probably switched your plan to one of the "mandatory unlimited plans" that goes along with Financing now. 

i should call them and bitch. they frogot to give me a $10 monthly credit for nearly 3 years. i finailly realized and they actually gave me a credit for every single month. didn't have to pay my bill for like 2.5 months. 

i'm now paying $117 a month which is absurd. i should prob drop the shitty insurance but i keep forgetting to

11 minutes ago, ghostz said:

i should call them and bitch. they frogot to give me a $10 monthly credit for nearly 3 years. i finailly realized and they actually gave me a credit for every single month. didn't have to pay my bill for like 2.5 months. 

i'm now paying $117 a month which is absurd. i should prob drop the shitty insurance but i keep forgetting to

my bill is 60 unlimited before tax and that's because once the financing is over, you don't have to pay the 30 a month extra. 

After Tax its like 70. 

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

my bill is 60 unlimited before tax and that's because once the financing is over, you don't have to pay the 30 a month extra. 

After Tax its like 70. 

yeah my base plan is $60 then $40 a month for the X + insurance but I didn't pay a penny down so I basicaly got the phone for $480 when I trade it in for the new one.

I really don't mind this as it's just spreading money out over a period rather than down payment. but i guess if they throttle me now that's somewhat of an issue

18 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Steam link beta is up on Android. 

ios version sometime next week or so...maybe. 

Lol it’s pending review from Apple. It’s already in process of releasing. Where’s fortnite? 

Lol it’s pending review from Apple. It’s already in process of releasing. Where’s fortnite? 
process of releasing =/= released.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

process of releasing =/= released.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

:D congrats 

Holy shit.. Android P is the BIGGEST FUCKING OS rip off in nearly a decade :D

IT'S A COMPLETE FUCKING COPY OF IPHONE X :kaz: HOLY SHIT :kaz: