Sign in to follow this  
ghostz

Official Phone Wars Thread.

1 hour ago, kokujin said:

From what I understand simple ass diagnostic updates slowed and ware'd the phone.  And sorry no update can change the hardware of a battery. 

500 charging cycles is just enough to be stuck with it. :D. Good lord you don't put things together well do you?

500 cycles is average use for 2 years.  Phones are still built around the 2 year contract price. It’s not just iPhones, it’s most batteries. 

Edited by ghostz

looks like I may keep my S6 for one more year till 2019!

"Support pages for the Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, and Note 5 indicate that Oreo updates for the phones are in development. Each page has the message, "T-Mobile and the device manufacturer have agreed to support a new software update." 

6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

looks like I may keep my S6 for one more year till 2019!

"Support pages for the Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, and Note 5 indicate that Oreo updates for the phones are in development. Each page has the message, "T-Mobile and the device manufacturer have agreed to support a new software update." 

Yuck why? Get on one of those Sprint lease plans

edit: wait are you not on sprint anymore?

Edited by ghostz

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

Yuck why? Get on one of those Sprint lease plans

edit: wait are you not on sprint anymore?

im still on sprint. just used tmobile as official proof of the S6 update. 

im off contract, no lease or financing, 60 unlimited everything. 

Can't beat that. 

Google is working on an overhaul of its Android mobile software for a new generation of smartphones mimicking Apple’s controversial new “notch” at the top of the iPhone X, according to people familiar with the situation.

:D

2 hours ago, ghostz said:

Google is working on an overhaul of its Android mobile software for a new generation of smartphones mimicking Apple’s controversial new “notch” at the top of the iPhone X, according to people familiar with the situation.

:D

LOL, that sounds like the silliest rumor you'd hear on an apple fanboy forum.

I also love how they would need to consider "overhauling" their "mobile software" for a notch. Just makes it a sillier fanboy gossip.

Trying a little too hard with the bait. lol

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

LOL, that sounds like the silliest rumor you'd hear on an apple fanboy forum.

I also love how they would need to consider "overhauling" their "mobile software" for a notch. Just makes it a sillier fanboy gossip.

Trying a little too hard with the bait. lol

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-12/google-s-next-android-overhaul-is-said-to-embrace-iphone-notch

Just posting recent news Jer, no reason to blow a lid. Lolz

3 minutes ago, Substatic said:

I havn't kept up but can iphone still not download torrents?

you can but why/what are you downloading on your phone that requires torrents lol

10 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Oh cool how. Can I also synch it to use utorrent on my home PC?

Not sure about uTorrent as I haven't used it, maybe do some research. What are you torrenting to your phone though lol

19 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Not sure about uTorrent as I haven't used it, maybe do some research. What are you torrenting to your phone though lol

you are basically asking "why are you using your phone to do more things?"

...........why wouldn't you? 

Especially considering that you will be around your phone more than you will be around your traditional Windows desktop computer.

I got a 128GB microSD card I just bought a month ago for about $40. If I needed to, I could torrent a file that I needed to get during the day and couldn't wait until I got home, on my phone, just use a USB cord and now my phone is a flash drive and I can transfer that torrent file onto any computer I want.

23 minutes ago, jehurey said:

you are basically asking "why are you using your phone to do more things?"

...........why wouldn't you? 

Especially considering that you will be around your phone more than you will be around your traditional Windows desktop computer.

I got a 128GB microSD card I just bought a month ago for about $40. If I needed to, I could torrent a file that I needed to get during the day and couldn't wait until I got home, on my phone, just use a USB cord and now my phone is a flash drive and I can transfer that torrent file onto any computer I want.

I suppose, but have you ever done this? Can you even think of an example of a time you'd ever do this? Lol, reminds me of Teddy when he claimed Android was superior bc he could use it as a portable HDD and take his homework to class. Lmao 

Anyway - I'm not arguing for it or against it, torrents can be done on both iOS and Android, I've just never had a need to do it.

If I'm on Wifi, I most likely have access to my computer, if I'm not on wifi..why am I torrenting? lol

Edited by ghostz

1 hour ago, ghostz said:

I suppose, but have you ever done this? Can you even think of an example of a time you'd ever do this? Lol, reminds me of Teddy when he claimed Android was superior bc he could use it as a portable HDD and take his homework to class. Lmao 

Anyway - I'm not arguing for it or against it, torrents can be done on both iOS and Android, I've just never had a need to do it.

If I'm on Wifi, I most likely have access to my computer, if I'm not on wifi..why am I torrenting? lol

yeah. absolutely.

When I was not paying for a music streaming service but wanted to be playing a new album, or any album on my phone as quickly as possible.

Visit torrent file sharing website from my Android phone.

Download torrent file on Android phone

Opens up Torrent program on Android phone

Download the files on Android phone

Go to My Music app on Android phone

Play that same music.........on my Android phone.

Cutting out the Windows Desktop PC was logical.

Mind you, I've had AT&T Unlimited Data plan since 2007. I was paying the money for that, why wouldn't I use that as freely as I wanted to.  My only limit was what I could do with the phone.

14 hours ago, jehurey said:

yeah. absolutely.

When I was not paying for a music streaming service but wanted to be playing a new album, or any album on my phone as quickly as possible.

Visit torrent file sharing website from my Android phone.

Download torrent file on Android phone

Opens up Torrent program on Android phone

Download the files on Android phone

Go to My Music app on Android phone

Play that same music.........on my Android phone.

Cutting out the Windows Desktop PC was logical.

Mind you, I've had AT&T Unlimited Data plan since 2007. I was paying the money for that, why wouldn't I use that as freely as I wanted to.  My only limit was what I could do with the phone.

I understand that you may have done it in the past. But is there any reason to do it in 2018? Lol that's the question. Just seems like a waste of time and slow. I can access brand new albums in seconds. 

4 hours ago, ghostz said:

I understand that you may have done it in the past. But is there any reason to do it in 2018? Lol that's the question. Just seems like a waste of time and slow. I can access brand new albums in seconds. 

yeah.........i continue to listen to music in 2018.

Not much of a difficult question. And music from recent concerts recordings, independent artists, are not on most streaming services.

I already said that if I needed any file or program, and I don't want to wait for my Windows Desktop PC at home, then I can already download it during the day on my phone.  Guess you forgot that part.

Edited by jehurey

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

yeah.........i continue to listen to music in 2018.

Not much of a difficult question. And music from recent concerts recordings, independent artists, are not on most streaming services.

I already said that if I needed any file or program, and I don't want to wait for my Windows Desktop PC at home, then I can already download it during the day on my phone.  Guess you forgot that part.

You specifically stated you did that before streaming services. What kind of artists are you downloading music for currently on your Android thru torrents?