Sign in to follow this  
Jon2B

34BT owns DF and makes them look like fools

untitled-1sqsuf.png

Pretty clear that Sony paid them off . Wonder how many other Xbox games run at higher resolution than DF claims .

Finding the 2 percent of the time where reslotions scales lowest to appease the Sony idiots .

Wonder what clickbait title they will use for the next Xbox game ? 

Just now, JonB1 said:

Is the picture not self explanatory :wonder:

No because there's absolutely no explanation as to the detailing or what you're talking about, your post is extremely vague and worse so you have yet again failed to link to what you're attempting to talk about.

You just posted an image that could be anything and don't specify who its from or what it's for. 

You should know exactly what I'm talking about since you are my alt account , but let me explain this to myself in case there is any confusion for everyone else 

DF said this game was locked at 1080p on Xbox 1 X . The game runs in 1080p  under TWO PERCENT of the time .

Basically , DF fucked up . Bigtime LilB1

Just now, JonB1 said:

You should know exactly what I'm talking about since you are my alt account , but let me explain this to myself in case there is any confusion for everyone else 

DF said this game was locked at 1080p on Xbox 1 X . The game runs in 1080p  under TWO PERCENT of the time .

Basically , DF fucked up . Bigtime LilB1

Oh this is about that Redout shit? Okay, gotcha. Yeah Digital Foundry screwed the pooch on this, it's a shame it took the developer having to do an analysis of their own game to set the record straight. 

How about just posting links in the future.

http://34bigthings.com/redout-a-technical-analysis-on-the-offline-dynamic-resolution-scaler/?utm_content=bufferc9722&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Because , you know as well I as do ....that I do not post links , cause Links , Stink like dirty Pink 

KoolAid Jones 

I left a comment on his article, it was a pretty good read and the guy clearly understands exactly what is going on in his game. 

So I was absolutely correct.

He is 100% lying by calling 1920 x 1080 a "50 Percent Screen" of 3840 x 2160.

A 1920 x 1080 screen is exactly a quarter of the pixels as a native 4K render. Who the hell would trust this guy if he can't get that correct.

1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

Lmfao :rofl:

TROO 4K GUYZ! TROO 4K!

0.27% of the time...

IT STILL COUNTS!!!!1

:lawl:

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

A 1920 x 1080 screen is exactly a quarter of the pixels as a native 4K render. Who the hell would trust this guy if he can't get that correct.

1080p is half of 2160p... :killzone:

Peter Moore was right. Sony's involved in corporate sabotage.

Just like it was them who paid the chipmaker of XBOX 360s to sell MS faulty product (RROD).

Sony should be tried for crimes against the general welfare of the public.

6 minutes ago, Bodycount611 said:

Peter Moore was right. Sony's involved in corporate sabotage.

Just like it was them who paid the chipmaker of XBOX 360s to sell MS faulty product (RROD).

Sony should be tried for crimes against the general welfare of the public.

:dove:

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jehurey said:

They are talking about the render scale not pixels 

8 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Lmfao :rofl:

TROO 4K GUYZ! TROO 4K!

0.27% of the time...

IT STILL COUNTS!!!!1

The psrpro version is still last gen resolution.  Idiot 

12 hours ago, jehurey said:

This is a case of you making a fool out of yourself.  It's made even worse by your saying that he's lying.  He's factually NOT lying. 

In the future, you might help yourself to actually... read the fucking article instead of thinking you know everything.

To underline how confusing this whole topic is, there has been controversy even on the use of percentages (even from sources like Forbes).

Computing the screen percentage by a single axis (specifically, the vertical one) is a standard practice in the industry because it simplifies every operation related to aspect ratio and screen manipulation. We use the same “r.screenpercentage” method as everyone else, properly documented by Unreal Engine devs in the source code (you need to be logged in and granted access by Epic Games to see it). Also, think 4k, 1080p, 720p, etc… They are all one-dimensional measurements of the vertical axis.

Damn, that guy completely raped you for the ignorant fool you are.   It's like he pre-emptively knew idiots like you would claim that he doesn't know what he's talking about.  If you went and posted your post on any real tech forum, they'd laugh you off the site. :hest: 

Edited by Remij_

41 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

This is a case of you making a fool out of yourself.  It's made even worse by your saying that he's lying.  He's factually NOT lying. 

In the future, you might help yourself to actually... read the fucking article instead of thinking you know everything.

Damn, that guy completely raped you for the ignorant fool you are.   It's like he pre-emptively knew idiots like you would claim that he doesn't know what he's talking about.  If you went and posted your post on any real tech forum, they'd laugh you off the site. :hest: 

except that specific chart listed BOTH axis.

The reason why I even responded to this thread is because that chart is specifying the exact resolution that they are determining the percentage for each category. If they are only measuring vertical axis, why are they providing BOTH vertical and horizontal axis? It would have said 3840 x 1080. but it doesn't.

Looks like you haven't been paying attention. But this is no surprise, you'd jump at the chance at trying to find something, and forgetting basic details.

Yes, this is the part where you scramble to try and find some other subject/topic/tangent to try and laugh this all off.

Edited by jehurey

14 minutes ago, jehurey said:

except that specific chart listed BOTH axis.

The reason why I even responded to this thread is because that chart is specifying the exact resolution that they are determining the percentage for each category. If they are only measuring vertical axis, why are they providing BOTH vertical and horizontal axis? It would have said 3840 x 1080. but it doesn't.

Looks like you haven't been paying attention. But this is no surprise, you'd jump at the chance at trying to find something, and forgetting basic details.

Yes, this is the part where you scramble to try and find some other subject/topic/tangent to try and laugh this all off.

No, you "resonded" to this thread to gloat about being "right" and that the developer was "lying".  Which are both FALSE.  You are WRONG... and the developer didn't LIE at all.

What the chart shows, is that at 50% screen percentage, the resolution is 1920x1080.   There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the chart.  They are listing both axis because they want people like you to be able to understand what resolution exactly it's running at at any given screen percentage.  They base screen percentage on a single axis, specifically the verticle axis because it's a simplified way of saying it.   It's obviously a 50% scale on both axis.

Looks like you need to read and think more before posting. 

Edited by Remij_

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

No, you "resonded" to this thread to gloat about being "right" and that the developer was "lying".  Which are both FALSE.  You are WRONG... and the developer didn't LIE at all.

What the chart shows, is that at 50% screen percentage, the resolution is 1920x1080.   There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the chart.  They are listing both axis because they want people like you to be able to understand what resolution exactly it's running at at any given screen percentage.  They base screen percentage on a single axis, specifically the verticle axis because it's a simplified way of saying it.   It's obviously a 50% scale on both axis.

Looks like you need to read and think more before posting. 

yes he did lie.

You need to understand, you are defending a MARKETING term, at this point.  Because you are not describing something on an accurate, technical level.

The screen exists on two-dimensions, whether you like it or not. I don't care what you THINK is universally recognized.

The developer was claiming that Digital Foundry was being misleading, and they responded back by posting MISLEADING information on their own. If you are going to show a full technical analysis, then you have to provide ALL technical information

Its a simple question: do YOU KNOW know that rendering a 1920 x 1080 image is a quarter of rendering a 3840 x 2160 image. Yes or No??????????

I predict that you will avoid answering this question at all costs.