Sign in to follow this  
Jon2B

34BT owns DF and makes them look like fools

Just now, jehurey said:

yes he did lie.

You need to understand, you are defending a MARKETING term, at this point.  Because you are not describing something on an accurate, technical level.

The screen exists on two-dimensions, whether you like it or not. I don't care what you THINK is universally recognized.

The developer was claiming that Digital Foundry was being misleading, and they responded back by posting MISLEADING information on their own. If you are going to show a full technical analysis, then you have to provide ALL technical information

Its a simple question: do YOU KNOW know that rendering a 1920 x 1080 image is a quarter of rendering a 3840 x 2160 image. Yes or No??????????

I predict that you will avoid answering this question at all costs.

You're completely retarded.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

You're completely retarded.

i love how the one who has provided details and explainations is me, and the ones that supposedly "know" provide no such thing.

Like you..........a dumbass who was taking screenshots of PC games by pointing a camera at their computer monitor. Gee, I wonder why I think you're a dumbass in these discussion? lol

Just now, jehurey said:

i love how the one who has provided details and explainations is me, and the ones that supposedly "know" provide no such thing.

Like you..........a dumbass who was taking screenshots of PC games by pointing a camera at their computer monitor. Gee, I wonder why I think you're a dumbass in these discussion? lol

It's already been explained in detail, no further elaboration required. You being an idiot and not understanding is solely your concern.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

It's already been explained in detail, no further elaboration required. You being an idiot and not understanding is solely your concern.

Nope, especially considering that I debunked your attempt at defending it.

If you are having to resort to saying its "TECHNICALLY TRUE if you only count one piece of information".............then you're proving my point about it being misleading.

Its amazing that you haven't figured that out yet.

50 minutes ago, JonB1 said:

Can someone edit the title to DF and Jerry get owned into Oblivion ?

Its only appropriate that jonb is left begging for others to do what he CAN'T.

:tom:

And I love how I ended up being right, and bitchslapped everybody who tried defending a marketing term. But jonb is desperate to accept anything at this point.

51 minutes ago, jehurey said:

And I love how I ended up being right, and bitchslapped everybody who tried defending a marketing term. But jonb is desperate to accept anything at this point.

:camby:

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

Everyone knows your game . Say dumb stuff that's clearly wrong , just to argue . And when you lose (Everytime) you just pretend you were right .

Dumbo . What a loser lol 

1 minute ago, JonB1 said:

Everyone knows your game . Say dumb stuff that's clearly wrong , just to argue . And when you lose (Everytime) you just pretend you were right .

Dumbo . What a loser lol 

Its amazing, because when I say somebody is wrong, I point out what they said is wrong, and explain why its wrong. And provide specific details.  And if they try to act stupid, I continually hammer the point until they understand every single part about it.

Its a pretty straightforward process.................its a shame none of you seem to be able to do that to me, if I'm the one who is supposed to be wrong.

Hmmm, I wonder why.

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

yes he did lie.

You need to understand, you are defending a MARKETING term, at this point.  Because you are not describing something on an accurate, technical level.

The screen exists on two-dimensions, whether you like it or not. I don't care what you THINK is universally recognized.

The developer was claiming that Digital Foundry was being misleading, and they responded back by posting MISLEADING information on their own. If you are going to show a full technical analysis, then you have to provide ALL technical information

Its a simple question: do YOU KNOW know that rendering a 1920 x 1080 image is a quarter of rendering a 3840 x 2160 image. Yes or No??????????

I predict that you will avoid answering this question at all costs.

It's a quarter of the pixels yes.  On a screen, it's 50% scale of each axis.  Anything else?

How is something MISLEADING when in the very article, he explains EXACTLY why they use the figure and terminology they do?  ROFL

Developers base screen percentage off a single axis because it simplifies the entire thing.  It's still obviously scaling both axis to keep the same aspect ratio.  Ask yourself the question, is 1080p a 50% verticle scale of 2160?  Yes or no.  They aren't going to use r.horizontalpercentage and r.verticlepercentage.  The scaling keeps the aspect ratio the same.  So  a 50% scale of a 2160p image is 1080p.

It's not misleading... that's how it actually works.

It's been pointed out why you were wrong , by many people here and the devs of the game .

Who to believe ....hmmm

Idiot .

The only amazing thing is how dumb you are 

Just now, Remij_ said:

It's a quarter of the pixels yes.

Thank you.  THat's what I needed.

And...........Remij, you do agree you VIEW video games on a 2-dimensional plane, right???????

That's usually how they deliver their image, right????????????

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Thank you.  THat's what I needed.

And...........Remij, you do agree you VIEW video games on a 2-dimensional plane, right???????

That's usually how they deliver their image, right????????????

You needed to be told and proven you were wrong... AGAIN?

Where oh where does he say anything about percentage of pixels?  Hmmm?  I'll wait.

Did you read my post at all? Do you know when you scale something and maintain aspect ratio, that it affects both axis? 

Edited by Remij_

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

You needed to be told and proven you were wrong... AGAIN?

Where oh where does he say anything about percentage of pixels?  Hmmm?  I'll wait.

Did you read my post at all? Do you know when you scale something and maintain aspect ratio, that it affects both axis? 

he says it when he says "Screen Percentage"

Now tell me, remij................is a screen, like a screen from a video game, presented in ONE dimension (one axis), or TWO??????????????

Remij.................don't bother trying to play stupid and HIDING behind a misleading marketing term, you either know how to quantify graphics ACCURATELY, or you don't.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

he says it when he says "Screen Percentage"

Now tell me, remij................is a screen, like a screen from a video game, presented in ONE dimension (one axis), or TWO??????????????

Remij.................don't bother trying to play stupid and HIDING behind a misleading marketing term, you either know how to quantify graphics ACCURATELY, or you don't.

You keep asking me a question that I answer in every quote of mine you respond to........................ try not doing that anymore... thanks.

He already explained WHY they used "Screen Percentage" as a term.   There's no marketing term about it... it's the term developers use when speaking about it.   Screen percentage is not percentage of pixels.  Get that through your fucking head.

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You keep asking me a question that I answer

No you don't.

he talks about SCREEN PERCENTAGE.

A screen is not something that exists solely on a one-dimensional axis.

Answer the question.................you're not going to (like I predicted) because you know you automatically lose.

Remij.............its pretty simply. If I was trying to sell you a 1080p television and I told you "its basically provides half of screen image quality as a 4K of equal size" would I be telling you the truth?????????

I'm going to be putting you in this corner ALLLL night, baby. SO you already know you can't win.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No you don't.

he talks about SCREEN PERCENTAGE.

A screen is not something that exists solely on a one-dimensional axis.

Answer the question.................you're not going to (like I predicted) because you know you automatically lose.

Remij.............its pretty simply. If I was trying to sell you a 1080p television and I told you "its basically provides half of screen image quality as a 4K of equal size" would I be telling you the truth?????????

I'm going to be putting you in this corner ALLLL night, baby. SO you already know you can't win.

Stupid post is stupid.

That's not even equivalent to what you think he's saying.  1920x1080 is a 50% scale of 3840x2160.  You keep posting asking me to confirm that there's 2 axis on a 2D screen, and yet you don't seem to comprehend that when you scale the image, you're scaling both axis.

In your example you're lying.  If you said "it provides half the vertical resolution and half the horizontal resolution" you'd be right.  I already told you image/screen percentage does not equal percentage of pixels...................................

Go into any image editor... ANY image editor... and create a 3840x2160 canvas.  Then resize it to 50%.  What resolution you end up with? :wonder:

You lost this argument the second you typed your first response.  There's NO changing facts.  Facts are not misleading.

Edited by Remij_

Just now, Remij_ said:

Stupid post is stupid.

That's not even equivalent to what you think he's saying.  1920x1080 is a 50% scale of 3840x2160.

Ah...............so a plot of land that measures 20ft by 20ft is 50% of a plot of land that measures 40ft by 40ft.

And therefore I can charge you half of the cost of that 40x40 for the 20x20. That would be a fair deal, right???????/

All. Night. Long.

You know you can't win this, and I will just be trapping you. All. Night. Long.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Ah...............so a plot of land that measures 20ft by 20ft is 50% of a plot of land that measures 40ft by 40ft.

No.  And the developer isn't saying anything similar in this case.  He's not saying it's 50% of the resolution IS HE??

Scaling pertains to BOTH axis.   If you scaled 40ft by 40ft 50%, what would you end up with?

Jerry.. you can't win against FACTS.

Edited by Remij_

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No.  And the developer isn't saying anything similar in this case.  He's not saying it's 50% of the resolution IS HE??

Scaling pertains to BOTH axis.   If you scaled 40ft by 40ft 50%, what would you end up with?

He is specifically saying that it carries HALF THE VALUE of rendering a "screen" as native 4K.

Yes he is.

Buddy..........you, and other people HID BEHIND saying that this measure is "usually recognized" as just being based on one dimension.

And now you are trying to say that 50% scale meant he was talking about reducing it 50% in BOTH DIMENSIONS.

That's not how we describe a 2-dimensional argument. Its a MISLEADING quantification, and you know that.

Its misleading because you talk about ONE "screen" and just "taking 50% of it".

But you are actually taking TWO MEASUREMENTS and taking reducing it by 50% for each one. Proper geometry of 2-dimensional space quantifies this as One-quarter.

Always has. Always will. If you know math, you wouldn't LEAVE OUT information. And you would describe the final measurement in its most simplified form. One-quarter.

Edited by jehurey