Sign in to follow this  
#MeToo

XBox is declining YOY

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

All it takes is a single fuck up from Sony and all the goodwill is gone. :shrug:

This industry is like that.

If MS started off next gen without any glaring fuck up, and some decent games, they'll get back marketshare.

You're the one who thinks Sony is untouchable... Sony was literally on the ropes last gen.  Don't take your little victory for granted. 

Sony EARNED that good will back. They invested in great software that not only helped generate sales and leave them on par with Xbox 360 at the end of the gen, but also created momentum for the next gen. 

MS shot themselves in the foot big time, but Sony created a hell of a product.

MS is doing nothing to earn that good will back

Remij's MS  fanboyism weirds me out. Switching sides in the shittiest MS gen by far.  360 I could understand, but XBO and its shitty lineup of XB/Win games?  :cosby2:

Edited by モンキー

13 minutes ago, モンキー said:

Remij's MS  fanboyism weirds me out. Switching sides in the shittiest MS gen by far.  360 I could understand, but XBO and its shitty lineup of XB/Win games?  :cosby2:

Mala too.

These clowns must really love Forza :hest:

14 minutes ago, モンキー said:

Underdog mentality I guess? Nothing else makes sense. It has all the same franchises they claimed not to like last gen, except worse :scust:

47 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Lol you're fucking high, they generate an ungodly amount of revenue from the Xbox branch.

No one ever invests much in a business that doesnt grow, nevermind actually decline.

diminutivecock and peemij have said in the past the only reason they stan for ms is because they dont like cows. same with bhytre (owns a ps4/no xbox)

in other words, trolled as fuck :pavarotti:

Edited by Quad Damage

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Lol you're fucking high, they generate an ungodly amount of revenue from the Xbox branch.

You know this how?

27 minutes ago, Voidler said:

You know this how?

It's like 16% of their total revenue stream. That's ~3.5 billion per quarter, ~14 billion a year.

3155699-8001843216-msft-.jpg

Sony fucked up in 2006. By 2009 they made a comeback with Uncharted 2, Demon Souls, MGS4.

We are 4+ years into XBone and we are still hyping job postings and Perfect Dark and Fable rumours that those games just started development. If you think E3 2013 is the reason XBox is still failing you are wrong.

Except revenue is not profit.

And the Xbox division would have high revenue because they have to sell actual hardware, which means that it comes with higher operating costs in order to make the hardware.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Except revenue is not profit.

And the Xbox division would have high revenue because they have to sell actual hardware, which means that it comes with higher operating costs in order to make the hardware.

Doesn't matter for a business like this, even if the margins are slim the presence and footprint it brings to the market for their company is massive.

The issue is growth the brand is currently a dead end. They are going to have to revise their whole approach and strategy.

15 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Doesn't matter for a business like this, even if the margins are slim

No, that's quite possibly one of the stupidest things any stockholder-controlled company would ever do.

What "presence" is Microsoft achieving here?

Did they ever succeed in controlling the living room???????????? No

Did they ever succeed in the market for online digital content???????? No.

Did they succeed in growing their presences in the gaming industry??????? Nope

Presence in Europe??????????? Nope.

Presence in Japan????????????? LOL

What, exactly, have they achieved with the Xbox One????

Hollywood doesn't fund a $200 million dollar movie so that they could make just $300 million dollars in revenue. They'd rather fund a $50 million dollar movie that makes $180 million dollars in revenue, because its actually improves their bottomline.

50 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's like 16% of their total revenue stream. That's ~3.5 billion per quarter, ~14 billion a year.

3155699-8001843216-msft-.jpg

That’s a single quarter of two years ago :|

Gaming revenue in most recent quarter was 1.9 B so your numbers are well off

There is also the fact that Xbox has never turned a profit

http://www.cgmagonline.com/2017/08/14/microsofts-xbox-never-profitable-according-report/

https://www.petri.com/paul-thurrotts-short-takes-microsoft-earnings-special-edition-7

Declining revenue, lack of profitability and a botched One X launch

yeah great business position to be in

This year's sales total was lower than 2014, 2015 (peak), 2016.

So basically the worst XBone ever had.

Edited by Azazela

57 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Doesn't matter for a business like this, even if the margins are slim the presence and footprint it brings to the market for their company is massive.

LOL

3 hours ago, モンキー said:

To be fair.. this is actually the shittiest Sony generation as well.  It's taken them 4 years to get this shit going finally... and I see now more than ever how completely overrated a lot of their shit is.  I'm not exaggerating or lying when I say that Ori, Forza Horizon, Cuphead and others are better to me than most of the shit Sony puts out.  And considering the first 3-ish years of this generation they've sold consoles due to a complete fuckup/overreaction to MS' initial plans, and having slightly better multiplats, it's really been the lamest generation for Sony yet.   I kinda really despised how quickly all MS' work with the 360 was so easily thrown away because of that bullshit at the beginning of the gen.  It reminded me of how PS2 completely overshadowed the Dreamcast which didn't even really have a chance with the press it was getting.

The fact that MS is bringing their games to PC obviously boosts them for myself personally, because fuck consoles.

And just keep in mind... last gen Sony got rattled.  It proved they were not untouchable.  This generation, they were literally 4gigs of RAM away from being completely demolished until Randy Pitchford convinced them to up their RAM to 8gigs.  That was ALL it would have taken for MS to be on top this gen.  Honestly.  MS would have had the best versions of multiplats, it would have had games not even possible on the PS4.

SONY GOT LUCKY this gen that their hardware worked out for them, and that MS fucked up which sold PS4 systems until years later when Sony FINALLY got some games in order.

Edited by Remij_

1 hour ago, Voidler said:

That’s a single quarter of two years ago :|

Gaming revenue in most recent quarter was 1.9 B so your numbers are well off

There is also the fact that Xbox has never turned a profit

http://www.cgmagonline.com/2017/08/14/microsofts-xbox-never-profitable-according-report/

https://www.petri.com/paul-thurrotts-short-takes-microsoft-earnings-special-edition-7

Declining revenue, lack of profitability and a botched One X launch

yeah great business position to be in

Those are not facts, that's a technology journalist speculating lol...