Sign in to follow this  
#MeToo

XBox is declining YOY

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

To be fair.. this is actually the shittiest Sony generation as well.  It's taken them 4 years to get this shit going finally... and I see now more than ever how completely overrated a lot of their shit is.  I'm not exaggerating or lying when I say that Ori, Forza Horizon, Cuphead and others are better to me than most of the shit Sony puts out.  And considering the first 3-ish years of this generation they've sold consoles due to a complete fuckup/overreaction to MS' initial plans, and having slightly better multiplats, it's really been the lamest generation for Sony yet.   I kinda really despised how quickly all MS' work with the 360 was so easily thrown away because of that bullshit at the beginning of the gen.  It reminded me of how PS2 completely overshadowed the Dreamcast which didn't even really have a chance with the press it was getting.

The fact that MS is bringing their games to PC obviously boosts them for myself personally, because fuck consoles.

And just keep in mind... last gen Sony got rattled.  It proved they were not untouchable.  This generation, they were literally 4gigs of RAM away from being completely demolished until Randy Pitchford convinced them to up their RAM to 8gigs.  That was ALL it would have taken for MS to be on top this gen.  Honestly.  MS would have had the best versions of multiplats, it would have had games not even possible on the PS4.

SONY GOT LUCKY this gen that their hardware worked out for them, and that MS fucked up which sold PS4 systems until years later when Sony FINALLY got some games in order.

Sony "got lucky". Why hasnt MS been able to fix shit in over 4 years.

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

To be fair.. this is actually the shittiest Sony generation as well.  It's taken them 4 years to get this shit going finally... and I see now more than ever how completely overrated a lot of their shit is.  I'm not exaggerating or lying when I say that Ori, Forza Horizon, Cuphead and others are better to me than most of the shit Sony puts out.  And considering the first 3-ish years of this generation they've sold consoles due to a complete fuckup/overreaction to MS' initial plans, and having slightly better multiplats, it's really been the lamest generation for Sony yet.   I kinda really despised how quickly all MS' work with the 360 was so easily thrown away because of that bullshit at the beginning of the gen.  It reminded me of how PS2 completely overshadowed the Dreamcast which didn't even really have a chance with the press it was getting.

The fact that MS is bringing their games to PC obviously boosts them for myself personally, because fuck consoles.

And just keep in mind... last gen Sony got rattled.  It proved they were not untouchable.  This generation, they were literally 4gigs of RAM away from being completely demolished until Randy Pitchford convinced them to up their RAM to 8gigs.  That was ALL it would have taken for MS to be on top this gen.  Honestly.  MS would have had the best versions of multiplats, it would have had games not even possible on the PS4.

SONY GOT LUCKY this gen that their hardware worked out for them, and that MS fucked up which sold PS4 systems until years later when Sony FINALLY got some games in order.

PS4 was wack for fall 2013 and 2014. By 2015 it had Bloodborne/Until Dawn, and from there has been a great console.  And no, PS3 was easily worse. Trash for 2006-2008, only got good in 2009. Worst console for multiplats, worst online, just wack. 

Sony didn't just get lucky, they won game enthusiasts over in the PS3's twilight years while MS was giving people Halo/Gears/Forza over and over. 

edit: Also you give reasons like Ori and Cuphead, which are on Steam. So aside from Forza, MS brings almost nothing to the table. 

Edited by モンキー

1 minute ago, Azazela said:

Sony "got lucky". Why hasnt MS been able to fix shit in over 4 years.

They did.  They completely lucked out that one developer was honest enough to tell them that if they release with just 4gigs of RAM, that they'd be dead.

They lucked out that the internet outraged at MS supposed plans for Xbox One.  They got the mindshare with stupid videos mocking MS, and gamers ate it up.  YAY I can share my game disc with my friend!!!  LMAO NONE of you have lent any fucking games to your friends this gen :hest: 

Once you gain the mindshare like that... and you have the superior spec'd machine for better multiplats.. that's ALL it takes.  I'm not saying that people didn't also buy PS because they were PS fans... of course many did, and knowing certain games would be coming was also a factor.  But the first few years... lame as fuck.  Sony got lucky.. the generation fell into their lap.

Sony bounced back from no games and $599 within 3 years from 2006 to 2009. Why cant MS bounce back for shit after 4 years, we're actually on the 5th year and its getting worse rather than better.

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

They did.  They completely lucked out that one developer was honest enough to tell them that if they release with just 4gigs of RAM, that they'd be dead.

They lucked out that the internet outraged at MS supposed plans for Xbox One.  They got the mindshare with stupid videos mocking MS, and gamers ate it up.  YAY I can share my game disc with my friend!!!  LMAO NONE of you have lent any fucking games to your friends this gen :hest: 

Once you gain the mindshare like that... and you have the superior spec'd machine for better multiplats.. that's ALL it takes.  I'm not saying that people didn't also buy PS because they were PS fans... of course many did, and knowing certain games would be coming was also a factor.  But the first few years... lame as fuck.  Sony got lucky.. the generation fell into their lap.

Why are you so bitter though? You were a Sony fan when this all happened. And MS's plan WAS trash, they deserved what happend to them. Being able to share and trade in games is one of the best features about console gaming. :D

5 minutes ago, モンキー said:

PS4 was wack for fall 2013 and 2014. By 2015 it had Bloodborne/Until Dawn, and from there has been a great console.  And no, PS3 was easily worse. Trash for 2006-2008, only got good in 2009. Worst console for multiplats, worst online, just wack. 

Sony didn't just get lucky, they won game enthusiasts over in the PS3's twilight years while MS was giving people Halo/Gears/Forza over and over. 

3 years... 2 good games... yes, PS4 was fucking wack.  I bought 2 of the fucking things at launch and had never been so disappointed in a console for the first couple years.

I WAS a Sony fan at the beginning of the generation, but my support was already waning because towards the end of the PS3 gen I was just PC gaming more and more.  That gen went on way too long.  Sony had nothing for me.  PS4's slight technical advantage for multiplats meant nothing to me.  Just think about that.  If you remove the PS4's multiplats out of the equation.. remove most of the japanese games out of the equation.. remove most of the exclusives that I don't give a shit about... you are left with a Bloodborne machine for the first 3 years, and now finally they are getting some decent games. 

Just now, モンキー said:

Why are you so bitter though? You were a Sony fan when this all happened. And MS's plan WAS trash, they deserved what happend to them. Being able to share and trade in games is one of the best features about console gaming. :D

That you haven't done this generation at all... :hest: 

I'm not really bitter.  I'm just not a Sony fanboy anymore.  There's a difference. A lot of their shit is overrated simply because the console is the IN console right now.  I can honestly see that shit.  It's quite apparent.

Just now, Remij_ said:

That you haven't done this generation at all... :hest: 

I'm not really bitter.  I'm just not a Sony fanboy anymore.  There's a difference. A lot of their shit is overrated simply because the console is the IN console right now.  I can honestly see that shit.  It's quite apparent.

Dude i sell games all the time lol.  

And I know youre not a Sony fanboy, youre an MS fanboy now. 

10 minutes ago, Azazela said:

Sony bounced back from no games and $599 within 3 years from 2006 to 2009. Why cant MS bounce back for shit after 4 years, we're actually on the 5th year and its getting worse rather than better.

If the PS3 generation had been THIS one... they wouldn't have bounced back.  Think about it.

Sony was able to bounce back because they literally gutted most of the company and put their ENTIRE focus on the console.  Think about it.

They have some good studios, I'm not denying that.. and they worked hard the PS3 generation.. but it wasn't quite so cutthroat back then.  Sony KNOWS they can't be that arrogant ever again.. because Playstation is all the company is now.. and they would be finished.

Edited by Remij_

1 minute ago, モンキー said:

Dude i sell games all the time lol.  

And I know youre not a Sony fanboy, youre an MS fanboy now. 

I call out both sides for a lot of their shit.

I guess me saying I like Ori and Forza makes me such a huge fanboy.

You dont "accidently" sell 20+ million consoles a year when your competitor cant hit 7. PS4 was "almost" dead, get real lol.

32 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Lol why do you count a multiplat like Cuphead for MS and not multiplats for Sony? MS didn't make Cuphead and you're talking as if MS allowed Cuphead to be released on PC. For example Housemarquee games should be counted for Sony then even if they're on PC by that logic. Sony has much more variety, quality and quantity on their machine than MS and that's a fact.

If the PS4 was still throwing out the type of games that they were peddling back in 2013/early 2014, I would've never bought a PS4 in 2016. It was games like Killzone Shadowfall and Infamous Second Son, and ports like The Uncharted Collection, Knack, Littlebigplanet 3.

Driveclub was late and surrounded by controversy,

People got pissed because everybody was expecting it to run the new Battlefield at full 1080p, Assassin's Creed Unity being gimped by the Xbox version, and Ubisoft lying about Watch Dogs graphics. The feeling was that the 3rd parties can't really make the new powerful games because the hardware wasn't enough, and the 3rd party multiplats are underwhelming, and Sony's major first party games are nowhere to be found.

That definitely started changing after 2015.

10 minutes ago, Azazela said:

You dont "accidently" sell 20+ million consoles a year when your competitor cant hit 7. PS4 was "almost" dead, get real lol.

It seems you didn't understand what I wrote.  PS4 was almost dead before this gen even started.  Randy Pitchford literally saved Sony.

And I never said it was an accident.  I said they didn't have to do shit because they already had the mindshare due to MS' fuckups.

15 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I call out both sides for a lot of their shit.

I guess me saying I like Ori and Forza makes me such a huge fanboy.

Cm gonna catch feelings. You know how he gets :D

12 minutes ago, Azazela said:

Xbox is dead ...nobody wants it !

Npd December ...last place ? PS4 . Lol 

8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It seems you didn't understand what I wrote.  PS4 was almost dead before this gen even started.  Randy Pitchford literally saved Sony.

And I never said it was an accident.  I said they didn't have to do shit because they already had the mindshare due to MS' fuckups.

This is the year XBone started lagging behind the 360 saleswise and is facing its worst year saleswise.

This is goes beyond the simple, Sony has more mindshare. The brand is in trouble.

Just now, Azazela said:

This is the year XBone started lagging behind the 360 saleswise and is facing its worst year saleswise.

This is goes beyond the simple, Sony has more mindshare. The brand is in trouble.

It's in about as much trouble as Sony was with the PS3 gen and games like fucking MAG. :hest: 

Sony literally GUTTED their company.  Think about it Aza.

16 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's in about as much trouble as Sony was with the PS3 gen and games like fucking MAG. :hest: 

Sony literally GUTTED their company.  Think about it Aza.

rDZTDH7.gif

what biazzro world is this?

xbox does not have the first party studios, the worldwide appeal, or support from japan that playstation and nintendo do. thats why ps3 was able to finish even with 360, and xb1 wont finish within 50-60 million of ps4 :hest: