Sign in to follow this  
McWickedSmawt85

Super Meat Boy nearly matches original launch sales on Switch debut

That's going to be a lot of disappointed people expecting to hear DannyB's epic soundtrack when they first hear the retarded new music in it :hest: 

Edited by Remij_
  • Haha 1

Why is this exciting lol... These are all old ass played out games, not only is Nintendo trying to get people to repurchase the Wii U library, other developers are riding the same train.

Sloppy seconds and thirds the console.

:dead:

Edited by DynamiteCop!

This isn't surprising, Indie games were way less of a thing back in 2010.

Every single indie developer who isn't making games on Switch is losing money.

Pretty soon that's going to translate to every single developer who isn't making games on Switch period is losing money. :sass1:

Just now, McWickedSmawt85 said:

Every single indie developer who isn't making games on Switch is losing money.

Pretty soon that's going to translate to every single developer who isn't making games on Switch period is losing money. :sass1:

Yeah until saturation becomes a factor which will render it the same as everywhere else. This is a finite window with limited games available that will escalate sales.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah until saturation becomes a factor which will render it the same as everywhere else. This is a finite window with limited games available that will escalate sales.

I guess that's why MS stopped releasing games: they just didn't want to hit a saturation point. :roff: 

I guess that's why MS stopped releasing games: they just didn't want to hit a saturation point. :roff: 

Deflection.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Deflection.

:D 

That would mean that Switch is completely flooded with games.  Which is exactly what I'm saying will happen.  At least you're starting to see the forest for the trees.  :trump:

55 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

That's going to be a lot of disappointed people expecting to hear DannyB's epic soundtrack when they first hear the retarded new music in it :hest: 

this! i was pumped to play it on the go via vita. then i heard that music. never touch my salt world music. never! 

Just now, -GD- said:

this! i was pumped to play it on the go via vita. then i heard that music. never touch my salt world music. never! 

Yea man.  It's such a shame.  

Edmund McMillen is officially not a part of Team Meat anymore.  So it's basically just Tommy Refenes and I think a new person or two.

Kinda sad because I thought Edmund, Tommy, and Danny made a fucking killer team and could have really done some awesome shit. 

Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac have two of my favorite OSTs in gaming.  I fucking love them.

• Like 1

Just now, Remij_ said:

Edmund McMillen is officially not a part of Team Meat anymore.  So it's basically just Tommy Refenes and I think a new person or two.

Kinda sad because I thought Edmund, Tommy, and Danny made a fucking killer team and could have really done some awesome shit. 

Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac have two of my favorite OSTs in gaming.  I fucking love them.

yes!!! god tier games! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

That's unfortunate.  Their style of game wasn't really my cup of tea, but I remember seeing them in that indie game documentary (the one without all the pink haired twinks trying to replicate that one time they took X at burning man).  It's pretty rare that you get two motivated individuals like that together to make something great.  Why'd he leave?

That's unfortunate.  Their style of game wasn't really my cup of tea, but I remember seeing them in that indie game documentary (the one without all the pink haired twinks trying to replicate that one time they took X at burning man).  It's pretty rare that you get two motivated individuals like that together to make something great.  Why'd he leave?

I don't really know.  None of them are saying shit.  I have a feeling that it was Edmund that fucked everything up between them and Danny.  Basically Danny said something about them not offering to pay him what he knew he's worth.  Danny was absent from The Binding of Isaac Rebirth soundtrack.  So I think he said fuck'em and denied the use of his soundtrack on the new releases of Super Meat Boy.  I think Edmund and Tommy were having problems over the direction of that Mewgenics game, which never released, and so Edmund started working with other developers.  Tommy kept working on the new Super Meat Boy runner game that's coming soon, and Edmund made The End is Nigh with Tyler Glail.  And since then, they've officially disbanded.

I kinda hope that if Edmund was the problem, that Danny and Tommy could at least reunite on a new game.