Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TLHBO

Monster Hunter World

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

 

Will do.

 

 

Hammers, mostly. Long Swords are my go-to when I want to chop off some tails.

I can switch weapons at any point in time for the most part right? I just don't wanna lock myself into a shit weapon for the whole game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can "undo" upgrades and recoup parts so at worst swapping weapons will be a loss of currency or you can just farm monster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't had much time to play it this weekend. Been busy. Bit of a slow start so far and seems a bit easy?

 

Hoping it changes later. Also the starting weapons and low tier stuff are atrocious. Nothing is sharp enough. Then again been that long since I played low tier monster hunter i cant remember if they were all like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Casual said:

I can switch weapons at any point in time for the most part right? I just don't wanna lock myself into a shit weapon for the whole game.

Yeah just go to a camp and change. I used charge blade the whole of 4 and was fine, but went bow > hammer > lance in 3.

 

Try to have a main one upgraded as much as possible. If you want to swap just grind a good monster and craft another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all of my friends at work are playing this shit.  if i don't care for multiplayer, would i still like it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Casual said:

I can switch weapons at any point in time for the most part right? I just don't wanna lock myself into a shit weapon for the whole game.

 

Combat wise, you can switch between weapons that you have while on a quest/expedition by going to a camp and entering the hut building thingy. 

 

Progression wise, you're largely free to change your weapons of choice. Most upgrades thus far can be reverted, but some cannot. My Aqua Hammer 1 can't be reverted to an Iron Hammer 2, for example. I would guess it's element based as I'm able to revert my First Dance 1 (no element) to an Iron Katana 2 (base), but I haven't been able to confirm that as I don't have any extra materials.

 

If I'm right, you can kinda do whatever as long as you stay on a non-elemental upgrade path as you'll just lose the credits. Can also do whatever if the materials come from a monster that you don't mind re-killing. I could care less about using Aqua Sacs because the monster I get them from is easy to kill/capture, but I'm going to be careful with my Electro Sacs because the monster that I get them from is annoying. I'm sure later on when fights are the better part of an hour it doesn't matter how easy they are to kill, it's a big investment regardless.

 

I wouldn't worry too much about it, though. There's too many weapon speed/weapon reach/weapon element combinations to have the best weapon for every fight unless you do a fuck tonne of farming. Just don't use status element upgrades on slower weapons (there's no weapon speed scaling on status effects, so faster is better) and you should be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, -GD- said:

all of my friends at work are playing this shit.  if i don't care for multiplayer, would i still like it? 

Not really.  The game is primarily about teams of people working together to take down huge monsters.  You can play it yourself, but it ain't the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm probably gonna roll with the insect glaive or the bow, looks the most efficient.

 

I always end up using the hammer though for it's stun properties in all MH games I've played.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I'm probably gonna roll with the insect glaive or the bow, looks the most efficient.

 

I always end up using the hammer though for it's stun properties in all MH games I've played.

 

That feel when hammer time right in the face and they go down. :glad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, McWickedSmawt85 said:

That feel when hammer time right in the face and they go down. :glad:

I just like being able to charge and keep running. Couple of right timed hits on the head and they go to sleep for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

 

Combat wise, you can switch between weapons that you have while on a quest/expedition by going to a camp and entering the hut building thingy. 

 

Progression wise, you're largely free to change your weapons of choice. Most upgrades thus far can be reverted, but some cannot. My Aqua Hammer 1 can't be reverted to an Iron Hammer 2, for example. I would guess it's element based as I'm able to revert my First Dance 1 (no element) to an Iron Katana 2 (base), but I haven't been able to confirm that as I don't have any extra materials.

 

If I'm right, you can kinda do whatever as long as you stay on a non-elemental upgrade path as you'll just lose the credits. Can also do whatever if the materials come from a monster that you don't mind re-killing. I could care less about using Aqua Sacs because the monster I get them from is easy to kill/capture, but I'm going to be careful with my Electro Sacs because the monster that I get them from is annoying. I'm sure later on when fights are the better part of an hour it doesn't matter how easy they are to kill, it's a big investment regardless.

 

I wouldn't worry too much about it, though. There's too many weapon speed/weapon reach/weapon element combinations to have the best weapon for every fight unless you do a fuck tonne of farming. Just don't use status element upgrades on slower weapons (there's no weapon speed scaling on status effects, so faster is better) and you should be fine.

Ah okay. That makes a lot of sense. Appreciate the breakdown man.

 

My buddy just got this so hopefully the coop is good tonight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Casual said:

Ah okay. That makes a lot of sense. Appreciate the breakdown man.

 

My buddy just got this so hopefully the coop is good tonight!

Give yourself time to adjust.  If you go in thinking you can button mash like God of War, you're going to get your shit pushed in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

    Chatbox

    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
×