Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Azazela

PS4 Pro was profit day 1, PS4 OG lost $60 per unit in first 6 months

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

No what I think and I will stand by 100% is that this system was reactionary due to leaks Sony got wind of that Microsoft was creating a mid-generation system and wanted to beat them to the punch. So they created this the fastest and most inexpensive way they possibly could to beat them to market and their projection was not only wrong,  they didn't get enough time to test it for proper system limitations and bottlenecks. 

@McWickedSmawt85 @Goukosan

 

Caught him speculating again :roff:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If PS5 specs in 2019 would be disappointing and you want them to release in 2021, two years later, we're going to most like get a PS5 Pro 3 years in.

 

I don't see how an Ryzen CPU,  10tflops of power with architecture improvements and 16 gigs of Ram is disappointing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I've said this since day one, this isn't new. Given how poorly designed it is it makes the most sense.

AcrobaticGloomyHarborporpoise-max-1mb.gi.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Azazela said:

If PS5 specs in 2019 would be disappointing and you want them to release in 2021, two years later, we're going to most like get a PS5 Pro 3 years in.

 

I don't see how an Ryzen CPU,  10tflops of power with architecture improvements and 16 gigs of Ram is disappointing.

It's disappointing because thats what they expect Sony to do. If Microsoft does it however, it will be all fine and dandy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Azazela said:

If PS5 specs in 2019 would be disappointing and you want them to release in 2021, two years later, we're going to most like get a PS5 Pro 3 years in.

 

I don't see how an Ryzen CPU,  10tflops of power with architecture improvements and 16 gigs of Ram is disappointing.

What I don't see is how you think that could not be cost prohibitive in 2019.. You're the one clamoring on about a $399 PlayStation 5 and expect that hardware under Ryzen and Vega architecture in 2019, it's preposterous. 

 

What's even worse is that level of hardware would basically only guarantee what we're seeing now at 4K and 60 FPS, there's little headroom for games to graphically grow.

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also with systems getting hardware refreshes next gen is never going to have the impact of waiting 6 years with no upgrade for a hardware hit.

 

The goal of new hardware is to get away from the weak base system for games first and foremost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Azazela said:

Also with systems getting hardware refreshes next gen is never going to have the impact of waiting 6 years with no upgrade for a hardware hit.

 

The goal of new hardware is to get away from the weak base system for games first and foremost.

There's no reason to think Sony would do this again, for Microsoft it seems to be an assurance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

There's no reason to think Sony would do this again, for Microsoft it seems to be an assurance. 

Sony dude said that its to soften the hardware decline seen as it ages because it becomes too dated.  And of course a much more bulletproof reason is they can release more expensive hardware than base and bake in higher hardware profit margins.

 

While not guaranteed I guess,  the reasons for a Pro to happen are definitely there.

Edited by Azazela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

    Chatbox

    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
×