Sign in to follow this  
#MeToo

With PS4 backward compatibility essentially confirmed for PS5, what hopes do Lemmings have?

5 minutes ago, kazie's saltyhermitdenial said:

every game ends up on PC :banderoos:

Cows list PS4 console exclusives... Lemmings say "those are all best on PC"

Lemmings list Xbox console exclusives... Cows say "those are all best on PC"

:hest: 

13 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Cows list PS4 console exclusives... Lemmings say "those are all best on PC"

Lemmings list Xbox console exclusives... Cows say "those are all best on PC"

:hest: 

I can't remember the last PC exclusive that wasn't some Mmo or glorified F2P. :danylol:

It's clear Sony will stick to gens but will provide new hardware every 3 years or so when die shrinks allow it. They have shown a commitment to that 399 price.

I don't see why people interested in constantly evolving hardware like hermits are all of sudden against this idea.

Edited by Hopes and Dreams™

19 hours ago, Ramza said:

Worrying about unannounced/unreleased/unfinished products. :tom:  Who gives a fuck about a PS5 right now?

Aza's very insecure about the current POS4 hardware if you can't tell.

Protato's running gameboy specs, no backwards compat (He had to send his 300 PS3 games to the nearest Gulag for disposal), shit online, shit controller made for female hands (DualCock), Shit propspects for the future.

If sony's current design team made the PRO, how good can the PS5 look?

Cr00hSTUkAAQkqP.jpg

:rofl:

8 hours ago, Hopes and Dreams™ said:

I can't remember the last PC exclusive that wasn't some Mmo or glorified F2P. :danylol:

That's cause you're dumb as shit.

Divinity OS2 is AAAA at Gamespot :geese: 

4 hours ago, BodyCrashX said:

Aza's very insecure about the current POS4 hardware if you can't tell.

Protato's running gameboy specs, no backwards compat (He had to send his 300 PS3 games to the nearest Gulag for disposal), shit online, shit controller made for female hands (DualCock), Shit propspects for the future.

If sony's current design team made the PRO, how good can the PS5 look?

Cr00hSTUkAAQkqP.jpg

:rofl:

LMFAO 

PS5 has nothing to do with me wanting it in 2019, or not wanting it. It's coming in 2019 regardless of what I want, so I will point out why Sony owns.

Edited by Hopes and Dreams™

btw who essentially confirmed bc for PS5?

This seems delusional considering the billions made off of remasters this gen.

2 minutes ago, B__H said:

What does BC have to do with remasters, one doesn't stop the other from not happening.

It's not confirmed.. but it might as well be.

Just now, Hopes and Dreams™ said:

What does BC have to do with remasters, one doesn't stop the other from not happening.

It will certainly limit the amount of people willing to pay for unpressed PS4 games on PS5 when they can play it again without paying for it again.

Then consider, like xb1x and pro old games may be automatically improved just on account of being on the new hardware. Point stands.

1 minute ago, B__H said:

It will certainly limit the amount of people willing to pay for unpressed PS4 games on PS5 when they can play it again without paying for it again.

Then consider, like xb1x and pro old games may be automatically improved just on account of being on the new hardware. Point stands.

Absolutely irrelevant. Especially with third parties GAAS, f2p games, MMOs, DLC/MT content being 1000x bigger than the remaster business.

According to who?

According to me.

It's pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point.  Don't act like presuming that it will have BC is preposterous of me.

Just now, Hopes and Dreams™ said:

Absolutely irrelevant. Especially with third parties GAAS, f2p games, MMOs, DLC/MT content being 1000x bigger than the remaster business.

The remaster business made up the first two years of the PS4's life along with a few cross gen ports and Killzone:danylol:stfd

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

According to me.

It's pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point.  Don't act like presuming that it will have BC is preposterous of me.

Well then I guess that settles it:danylol:

Well then I guess that settles it:danylol:

Indeed.

12 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

According to me.

According to you? Well who are you? Because the deputy president of Sony Interactive Entertainment doesn't see things this way and I'd say his view renders yours pretty preposterous.

“When we’ve dabbled with backwards compatibility, I can say it is one of those features that is much requested, but not actually used much. That, and I was at a Gran Turismo event recently where they had PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games, and the PS1 and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?” 

22 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

According to you? Well who are you? Because the deputy president of Sony Interactive Entertainment doesn't see things this way and I'd say his view renders yours pretty preposterous.

“When we’ve dabbled with backwards compatibility, I can say it is one of those features that is much requested, but not actually used much. That, and I was at a Gran Turismo event recently where they had PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games, and the PS1 and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?” 

Yes, according to me.  I'm a rational thinking human being who can understand quite clearly that he was referring to classic PS1/PS2 backwards compatibility... which is understandable to a degree, since those systems which varied greatly in architecture and technology and their games were out before consoles changed to an ecosystem where your account moves with you.  You can stop acting like supporting old classic game backwards compatibility is the same as supporting a smooth transition from your previous generation to the next...especially when the hardware will be the most similar it's ever been.

I'd say his comment does nothing to change what I've said.. and definitely doesn't make it preposterous in the slightest.  I mean, do you really think he's asking himself the question "Why would PS5 players want to play PS4 games?"  lmao...

Edited by Remij_