Sign in to follow this  
DynamiteCop!

What is your best looking game this generation?

I'm going with Quantum Break, it has lows like every game but its highs are really high.

3_12_2018_9_48_36_PM.png

3_12_2018_9_12_39_PM.png

3_12_2018_9_48_12_PM.png

3_12_2018_9_51_01_PM.png

Nissan/10

4 minutes ago, dakur said:

:scust:wrong again, dildo

The game looks incredible and is using some amazing rendering technology, also this is an opinion thread on what you find to be the best looking game idiot. 

Just now, KingLem said:

The game looks incredible and is using some amazing rendering technology, also this is an opinion thread on what you find to be the best looking game idiot. 

Well, your opinion is tainted with rodent-colored glasses so it is wrong and retarded :cmpunk1:

Just now, dakur said:

Well, your opinion is tainted with rodent-colored glasses so it is wrong and retarded :cmpunk1:

You could actually contribute to threads instead of being a massive douche...

Those photos of Quantum look pretty sharp. Technically amazing and the nice use of colors keeps things a bit surreal and imaginative. 

The usual suspects would likely be Uncharted, Forzas, Battlefields, Gears, etc.  But it's never been about resolution and framerate and realism  for me so I'll add from art style prospective.

Some of my favorite looking games this gen have been..

Ori, Horizon, Doom, Bloodborne, Darkest Dungeon, Overwatch....

I dont own a switch but Mario Odyssey and Zelda look amazing, I was able to dabble with them on a friends console and experience it.

Cuphead and Hollow Knight look real sexy.

Persona 5 seems awful but looks great.

That's all I can think of atm.

Edited by Boss

19 minutes ago, Boss said:

Those photos of Quantum look pretty sharp. Technically amazing and the nice use of colors keeps things a bit surreal and imaginative. 

The usual suspects would likely be Uncharted, Forzas, Battlefields, Gears, etc.  But it's never been about resolution and framerate and realism  for me so I'll add from art style prospective.

Some of my favorite looking games this gen have been..

Ori, Horizon, Doom, Bloodborne, Darkest Dungeon, Overwatch....

I dont own a switch but Mario Odyssey and Zelda look amazing, I was able to dabble with them on a friends console and experience it.

Cuphead and Hollow Knight look real sexy.

Persona 5 seems awful but looks great.

That's all I can think of atm.

Yeah it's a really good looking game and their art direction is not only gorgeous it really sets the atmosphere and nails the science fiction vibe. A lot of people know it's one of the better looking games but I don't think most realize how many effects are in play as well, the render warping and fragmenting effects which alter level geometry look incredible. This is from the Xbox One X update too, this system really did this game a service the original console just couldn't deliver on, I mean we're going from a raw 1280x720 render with a final reconstruction of 1568x882 to a raw 2560x1440 render with a final reconstruction of 3136x1754, it's a big difference. 

I also agree that pure resolution in clarity doesn't paint the whole picture, it does make almost anything look better, but if you don't nail your art style it's not going to make it really pop. 

29 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Final Fantasy XV on PC, or Assassin's Creed Origins on PC.

I'm kind of surprised you didn't add in Forza Horizon 3. 

38 minutes ago, KingLem said:

I'm kind of surprised you didn't add in Forza Horizon 3. 

I definitely considered it.  And it definitely IS one of the best looking games of the generation imo, but I think FFXV and AC:O are just a bit more impressive. 

One of my biggest oh shit moments this gen was from Forza Horizon 3 playing the Blizzard Mountain DLC Satellite Pass Scramble course.  You come around this bend up on the mountain, and the sunrise is thrown right in your face.  It looks simply GORGEOUS.  And you have to remember that at that point I was already playing it in 4K 60fps.  My jaw literally dropped.

Here's what I'm talking about at the 58sec mark, although the video is low quality.. it still looks beautiful.

:whew::wow2::blessed::lawd: 

Edited by Remij_

4 hours ago, Remij_ said:

I definitely considered it.  And it definitely IS one of the best looking games of the generation imo, but I think FFXV and AC:O are just a bit more impressive. 

One of my biggest oh shit moments this gen was from Forza Horizon 3 playing the Blizzard Mountain DLC Satellite Pass Scramble course.  You come around this bend up on the mountain, and the sunrise is thrown right in your face.  It looks simply GORGEOUS.  And you have to remember that at that point I was already playing it in 4K 60fps.  My jaw literally dropped.

Here's what I'm talking about at the 58sec mark, although the video is low quality.. it still looks beautiful.

:whew::wow2::blessed::lawd: 

well yeah that's the only thing these games can do. lmao

Edited by kazie's saltyhermitdenial

8 hours ago, KingLem said:

I'm going with Quantum Break, it has lows like every game but its highs are really high.

3_12_2018_9_48_36_PM.png

3_12_2018_9_12_39_PM.png

3_12_2018_9_48_12_PM.png

3_12_2018_9_51_01_PM.png

Nissan/10

I may have to replay this on the one x