Sign in to follow this  
Remij_

Shenmue 1+2 HD confirmed for PS4/PC/XO

Shenmue best on Xbox. $1000 well spent.

• Haha 3

It looks even worse in HD. :tom: 

The Dreamcast GD ROM discs were even less scratch resistant than DVDs, I wouldn't be surprised if half the copy of Shenmue for Dreamcast on ebay don't work or lock up. That shit happened a lot in the CD era, they discs were much more fragile.

Anyways I really hope we get so many remasters that eventually we'll be able to throw our old consoles in the garbage can.

This honestly looks about as good as it does on my Dreamcast and Xbox. My DC is hooked up to VGA with a component adapter for 480p on my 32" CRT, and my Xbox is running component for 480p as well. 

On a CRT it looks almost identical to the above lol. All I'm gonna say is I am glad these are coming out so people who are not or were never able to experience these games will be able to, and will have an understanding going into Shenmue III.

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This honestly looks about as good as it does on my Dreamcast and Xbox. My DC is hooked up to VGA with a component adapter for 480p on my 32" CRT, and my Xbox is running component for 480p as well. 

On a CRT it looks almost identical to the above lol. All I'm gonna say is I am glad these are coming out so people who are not or were never able to experience these games will be able to, and will have an understanding going into Shenmue III.

1080p upscaled to 4K looks great, apparently these ports don't support Pro/X. But for $29 and two games I don't mind.

Just now, Hopes and Dreams™ said:

1080p upscaled to 4K looks great, apparently these ports don't support Pro/X. But for $29 and two games I don't mind.

Where are you getting all the info on this stuff?

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Where are you getting all the info on this stuff?

I read at resetera there is no Pro/X support, at least it seems like it. Just like the DMC collection that released last month has no Pro/X support.

I think the budget and time given to Sega remasters of Dreamcast/Saturn/PS2/XBox games will be so low if they happen, that Pro/X support out of question, the sales of these titles are going to be really low so the investment needs to be extremely small.