Sign in to follow this  
Hopes and Dreams™

Sony/Nintendo/MS franchises you dislike

Sony - LBP/Tearaway, Media Molecule is such an overpraised shit studio. Everyone always posts how magical and charming their games are, I want to puke.

MS - Fable, this franchise sucks so much ass it's unbelievable, I'm baffled how people even talk about this being a decent or important game in XBox's first party line up.

Nintendo - Mario RPGs. Stupid/unfunny humour, lame stories, crappy combat, primatitive level design that doesn't compensate for weak gameplay.

Edited by Hopes and Dreams™

Sony - Uncharted/Naughty Dog, God of War, straight up garbo.

MS - Everything. From Gears, Halo, Forza to Fable.

Nintendo - Pikmin series, 3D Zelda games (haven't played BOTW), Mario Galaxy games.

No one can say I'm bias or a fanboy really. I hate most first party series to be honest. Sony has a few odd series I like and weird Japanese stuff from SCEJ, Nintendo can really strike gold sometimes even with me but it's usually not a Zelda or Smash or Mario Kart game. I think I'd enjoy Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 for example. I'd even try Arms.

MS had Cuphead recently but their main staple series... I couldn't give two shits. My last Halo game was ODST. My last Forza was 3. My last Gears game was 2. I don't even feel like I missed anything since.

Nintendo: Super Smash Bros, Metroid Prime, 3D Zelda (dislike might be a strong word, but I'm just no where near as big a fan of these as they are made out to be)

MS: I feel nothing for most of their franchises at this point. 

Sony, I hate creation type games so Media Molecule games usually aren't my thing, 

Xbox - Gears and Crackdown - just ugly as fuck games stuck in a mid 2000s grey generic dudebro aesthetic with shit gameplay

Nintendo - Mario. As a character he just annoys the fuck out of me. The games are quality but he’s a shit mascot

Sony - Killzone & Resistance sucked. Fortunately they are dead now

• Upvote 1

Sony: Uncharted by far, overrated, generic "oops the floor collapsed again I barely made it this time!" garbage :puke:

UC4 proves this even with the shilled reviews, people that played it didn't give a shit about the game and rarely mention it nowadays. 

MS: Forza. It's a good console sim but Forza Horizon is just way more fun to play, they should put all focus on that from now on. I also don't care that much about racing sims anyway :face:

Nintendo: Nearly all Mario & gay friends games. Mario Tennis, Yoshi pube Yarns, Kirby, Luigi's Mansion, Mario & Rabbits, Animal Crossing etc. 

God these games are so fucking lame nowadays, most are also very shallow to play and in content but sheep would never admit it. Just stick to Smash Bros and keep all these character in one place :hest:

Even Mario and his main platformer games are getting lame, bing bing wahoo I jump on you! Fuck off :pavarotti:

Bring back F-Zero, Project Zero and Waverace or die in a fire :facep:

Edited by bhytre

Nintendo - Kirby, Yoshi, Mario sports games, Mario Party, Wario Ware, or basically most anything done by the B teams.

Sony - Uncharted Series, Knack, Horizon ZD don't peak my interest.

MS - The only game they've got slated that I think I would actually like, that is officially announced, is State of Decay 2 because I liked the first one.  Otherwise, I have no regretted getting rid of the xbone at all.

1 hour ago, bhytre said:

Even Mario and his main platformer games are getting lame, bing bing wahoo I jump on you! Fuck off :pavarotti:

:tom: 

Sony: Knack, Little Big Planet, Infamous. Media Molecule sucks. 

Microsoft: Halo, Gears (not the old ones that were made by good devs)

Nintendo: There's no franchises I can think of that I straight up dislike since Nintendo tends to take wildly different approaches depending on the entry. Like Other M is a bag of dicks but Metroid Prime is the goat. 

Sony - All the Team Ico games. I’ve been underwhelmed by all of them and they literally only have their artistic design going for them. The gameplay always sucks. You’d have to be a gaming hipster to even pretend to like this crap.

Microsoft - Halo has always been a poor man’s PC shooter and never had the depth of console shooters like Metroid Prime and Bioshock. I know the lemmings want mindless ADHD shooter action but I never did.

Nintendo - Zelda after Wind Waker.  Twilight Princess killed it for me and no game has ever reversed that including BOTW.

I’m glad they’ve stopped trying to just do a prettier OOT but they still haven’t made a game that comes close to equalling it in impact.

Sony. Basically everything . Only game I want to play from Sony is TloU 2 , and even that game was weak in gameplay 

Nintendo . Anything not Mario platformers . I hate Metroid and Zelda was never fun after NES

MS . Never liked Halo mp until firefight 

Halo 1 wasn't good 

Sony

Uncharted and TLOU. One is a piss poor shooter, the other is a piss poor stealth game. Might as well be interactive movies because the scripted scenes are the only decent parts of both. They will full sjw though so their games get instant 10/10 scores. Don't really hate anything else from Sony.

Nintendo

Zelda from 2006 - 2017. Ok so that only really means TP and SS, maybe the DS games but my god was this garbage overrated. Twilight Princess is hands down one of the most boring games ever created, yet the Sheep would have you believe it's sacred just because it's Zelda.

Bayonetta. Ok so I don't hate this but damn it's overrated. A fact that the PS3 version was nerfed so lemmings overrated the fuck out of it, then it went to Nintendo so sheep overrated the fuck out of it. Didn't like it back in the day, gave it a try on Wii U and got more into it this time and its ok but nowhere near the legendary game people make it out to be. If it went full multiplat I guarentee the hype would massively disappear.

Microsoft

Halo - The single most overrated video game of all time. An abomination on the industry and one that set the fps genre back by about 10 years. Garbage games overrated as fuck by fanboys. Least its dead now.

Forza - Less fun than watching paint dry. Most racing sims are but Forza takes the cake. Why? Probs cus Gran Turismo and the rest come and go like normal games, but since xbox has nothing you see fanboys hype the fuck out of this trash and we have to endure fake hype year after fucking year.

I'm not going to list the rest of the xbox flops but special shoutout to Alan Wake for being an impressively offensive pile of shit.