Sign in to follow this  
-GD-

Is systemwars dead (the concept of it)?

11 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They don't seem to matter in North America.

23 million+ Xbox One's sold, 26 million+ PlayStation 4's sold.

What about the UK, Japan and the rest of the world?

I think the overall fanboyism between consoles died a little bit, trashy multi-plats seem to be the most popular games these days.

But then again I've rarely seen cows being so angry with Xbox as in this gen even though they claim to be winning :hehe:

Absolutely shook :dudebro:

Just now, X1XMasterRace said:

they don't matter sorry :D

Of course they don't since it'll fit your narrative better. How pathetic. :D

Just now, X1XMasterRace said:

That's right.. just how your bull crap arguments fit your narrative. . it's that simple

When it comes to sales there's no argument, just fact. And the fact is PlayStation 4 is at 79m and Xbox One is at 35m.

Yea, it's been dead for ages now.  There's literally nothing that can compete against the PC and ya'll are just fighting for second place every year. :juggle: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Yea, it's been dead for ages now.  There's literally nothing that can compete against the PC and ya'll are just fighting for second place every year. :juggle: 

RDR

RDR 2 :hehe:

PC winning :hehe:

System Wars.  System Wars never changes.

Right now PS4 is the undeniable leader of the generation, so it's pretty safe to ignore any arguments against it.  Switch came out the gate absolutely killin' it, but is currently in a lull that won't pick up until the late summer/fall; otherwise, it's a solid ass system.  MS will bounce back if their public announcements are anything to go by.  But given that they waited until past half way through the generation to correct their course, the xbone will likely be long dead by the time those seeds come to fruition, and xbone will join Wii U and virtua boy in the valley of shit-assed systems.

PC is literally a console hand me down port machine with late releases and even broke as fuck a 3rd of the time. :drake:

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

When it comes to sales there's no argument, just fact. And the fact is PlayStation 4 is at 79m and Xbox One is at 35m.

Damn, I never really cared about sales - apart from healthy competition between rival manufacturer's to limit price gouging; but that's fascinating how great the disparity is this generation. 

But then again, MS was always going to have to continually prove that their console was a necessity in the household, whereas, most kids in my neighbourhood went from either the N64 to the Playstation, to the Playstation 2, very few thought to themselves that an Xbox was required too.

That being said, I have no clue as to the economics involved in the consoles anymore, I couldn't tell you when they (if they) broken even, when they became profitable, if Sony still has the massive debt, or how much in total hundreds of millions that Microsoft has sunk into the Xbox brand - not strictly speaking in development, but exclusives, maintenance/infrastructure, and marketing. However, I'm quite sure the Xbox is still not selling well in Japan, does marginally ok in Europe, and slightly better results in the UK.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

PC is literally a console hand me down port machine with late releases and even broke as fuck a 3rd of the time. :drake:

PC "gaming" :hehe:

IMO PC should never even be in the running.. SW is for consoles.. PC shouldn't be able to compete since it costs 4x the price to get decent gaming pc.. Trust me I know.  I build a gaming machine form the ground up for my niece and it cost almost 3k.. Of course she had top of the line hardware but that's what it takes to be able to get the best.. Not feasible for most people unfortunately.  Nobody is going to buy a 4k tv and decide they want to play games in 4k and then spring for a gaming pc box in their living room.. no, they will buy a console.  If they want a 4k experience they will buy an Xbox. 

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

:Jeff: 

Oh no.. the late releases...  :roll: 

Games expire now? :mj: 

6 months later, much better looking, much better performance, most issues already patched from the console beta(alpha?)tests... :smoke: 

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

That kinda depends, on your already established AAA title. While it does have pretty good odds of requiring a far more powerful (spec-wise) system as compared to consoles, it usually allows for not only higher possible frames, and details, but also entire genres that just aren't done on console (which doesn't mean much if they're not your preference).

So while I don't play intensive in-depth and turn-based game like Hearts of Iron, Europa Universalis, or Civilization (not my cup of tea), there isn't anything like a Total War game on consoles, and the combination of real-time, historical - apart from Warhammer; and the insane level of depth in terms of mods make it like none other.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

:Jeff: 

Oh no.. the late releases...  :roll: 

Games expire now? :mj: 

6 months later, much better looking, much better performance, most issues already patched from the console beta(alpha?)tests... :smoke: 

It's not a secret that most developers treat PC like the red headed step child. That's just the way it is. :shrug: They throw in the extra detail just to appease those who waited or feel like it justifies their $800 GPU; and the fact is that those, ultimately minuscule, increases in visual fidelity is kind of a slap in the face. PCs should be having show case games similar to how Crysis was back then, but we all know that the next leap in visuals won't come through until next generation consoles come out because they now dictate that. :reg: And that is just unfortunate.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

It's not a secret that most developers treat PC like the red headed step child. That's just the way it is. :shrug: They throw in the extra detail just to appease those who waited or feel like it justifies their $800 GPU; and the fact is that those, ultimately minuscule, increases in visual fidelity is kind of a slap in the face. PCs should be having show case games similar to how Crysis was back then, but we all know that the next leap in visuals won't come through until next generation consoles come out because they now dictate that. :reg: And that is just unfortunate.

The ONLY reason why PC gets games late (when it actually does) is to catch the idiot console owners who will jump at the chance to buy the game twice to actually play it in a native resolution and/or 60+ fps.  That is just the way it is... and I'm fine with it.  Late ports are happening less and less.. Japan has taken to Steam, and there's NO shortage of games to play.  PC has the most high scoring games, the most games, the best multiplats, the most customizable, ect ect

The list of why it's better just keeps going and going and going.  Consoles are just so fucking dated after 7 years :hehe: 

PC gaming is the only place where you can spend thousands and games don't look better than X :D

Lynn is right . Your 1000 video card should be producing next gen visuals . All it produces is slightly more shrubbery :D

Thhbk