P.C. gone too far? Oregon Bakery Fires Employees For Denying Black Woman Service After Closing

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

the parade is just about complete.

Depends on how I interacted with the customer when I didn't let them in.

I love how people apparently have never heard of "the customer is always right" mentality in the year 2018.  People are trying to lay on the naivete really thick here.

Lmfao. Stfu 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is a narcissist. Guaranteed he has no friends . Shitty job , no wife or girlfriend . Even his picture was his ugly face with this wierd psychotic smirk LOL    dude would literally ca

Dude you have everyone on the forum disagreeing with you. Lefties and righties both agreeing on this. Why do you think this is? Everyone is wrong and you are right? Lol

Not gonna lie, you legit cracked me up there. 

8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

:snoop:

Bu but Jerry, the customers always white! :tom: 

that's actually a clever line........................for me to have used for my side of the argument.

But its still something. LOL

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

that's actually a clever line........................for me to have used for my side of the argument.

But its still something. LOL

Well, when the customer is always right, it really doesn't matter how you interacted with them.

And besides, this is all a joke anyway... lmao you building a Cyber Cafe and actually having customers :smilecry:... lmao talk about hypotheticals.

If anyone thinks this is fair , they flat out hate white people and are racist .

It's the same thing as me watching people try to justify Roseanne :D y'all racist 

1 minute ago, JonB1 said:

If anyone thinks this is fair , they flat out hate white people and are racist .

It's the same thing as me watching people try to justify Roseanne :D y'all racist 

I like that even if you're following company procedure and guidelines and having problems with a potential customer, if they happen to be of a different race (let's be real here, white and black) then there are "racial implications"... such as... the white person is racist and the black person is innocent... and the white person should have thought about that before hand... :tom: 

21 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Well, when the customer is always right, it really doesn't matter how you interacted with them.

And besides, this is all a joke anyway... lmao you building a Cyber Cafe and actually having customers :smilecry:... lmao talk about hypotheticals.

No, it does matter how you interacted with them.

If the Employer KNOWS how the employees have treat OTHER people at closing time, and notices that they treated this black lady differently...……..then they could determine that they did it because they judged her based on her color.

I love how you are trying to include me wherever possible...………..the butthurt is so real with you. LOL

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, it does matter how you interacted with them.

If the Employer KNOWS how the employees have treat OTHER people at closing time, and notices that they treated this black lady differently...……..then they could determine that they did it because they judged her based on her color.

I love how you are trying to include me wherever possible...………..the butthurt is so real with you. LOL

Facts don't care about your feelings.  The store closed at 9... sometimes people forget to turn off their "open" signs.  You gotta stop a some point.  And the employer KNOWS and ADMITS they aren't racist... just that the poor soul who didn't get her last cupcake of the night felt bad :cry: 

But regardless of all that... Jon asked you what you would do if someone was suing you for how you treated them at your little store.  Well, if they were suing you... it's because you made them feel bad... so REGARDLESS of how you THINK you treated them... you made them feel bad.  You'd be asking yourself what you did wrong, and why you were being sued.

Edited by Remij_
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Facts don't care about your feelings.  The store closed at 9... sometimes people forget to turn off their "open" signs.  You gotta stop a some point.  And the employer KNOWS and ADMITS they aren't racist... just that the poor soul who didn't get her last cupcake of the night felt bad :cry: 

But regardless of all that... Jon asked you what you would do if someone was suing you for how you treated them at your little store.  Well, if they were suing you... it's because you made them feel bad... so REGARDLESS of how you THINK you treated them... you made them feel bad.  You'd be asking yourself what you did wrong, and why you were being sued.

Except employees still interacted with this customer past 9pm.

They still represent the company, in this scenario.

I mean...………..why are trying to play naïve, you know exactly how these employees could still fuck up in this scenario.

The thing is that the customer would have to successfully demonstrate that you treated them in a way that was out-of-the-ordinary compared to how they treat other people. As we can see, the Employer certainly seems to think that's the case.

Dude...……...the mere fact that you are assuming so many things based on a GHOST post, with NO SOURCE, lol jesus.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Except employees still interacted with this customer past 9pm.

They still represent the company, in this scenario.

I mean...………..why are trying to play naïve, you know exactly how these employees could still fuck up in this scenario.

The thing is that the customer would have to successfully demonstrate that you treated them in a way that was out-of-the-ordinary compared to how they treat other people. As we can see, the Employer certainly seems to think that's the case.

Dude...……...the mere fact that you are assuming so many things based on a GHOST post, with NO SOURCE, lol jesus.

Telling someone you're closed IS representing the company... and FOLLOWING policy.  People realize that when stores CLOSE it doesn't mean that employees are finished working :lemming: 

"Impact outweighs intent"... I know you didn't INTEND to seem racist... but that's what it looked like when you were following our policy... so sorry... you're FIRED....

"Back to Eden Bakery"... lmfao you'd swear it was "Back to Africa Bakery" ....  What a bunch of TomFoolhurey :tom: 

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Telling someone you're closed IS representing the company... and FOLLOWING policy.  People realize that when stores CLOSE it doesn't mean that employees are finished working :lemming: 

"Impact outweighs intent"... I know you didn't INTEND to seem racist... but that's what it looked like when you were following our policy... so sorry... you're FIRED....

"Back to Eden Bakery"... lmfao you'd swear it was "Back to Africa Bakery" ....  What a bunch of TomFoolhurey :tom: 

No...….once again you are assuming things you don't know.

I love how you are AWARE that you are purposely making a naïve argument, based on technicalities that may be irrelevant based on what may have happened...……...and you're doing it specifically to fight me about it.

I love seeing you jump these hoops.

If the Employer has SEEN how these employees have treated OTHER PEOPLE at closing time...……...and know that they treated this black woman differently, that's all there to it, sweetheart.  And you know this.

But I'm not gonna stop you from your butthurt motivations. Never have. lol

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No...….once again you are assuming things you don't know.

I love how you are AWARE that you are purposely making a naïve argument, based on technicalities that may be irrelevant based on what may have happened...……...and you're doing it specifically to fight me about it.

I love seeing you jump these hoops.

If the Employer has SEEN how these employees have treated OTHER PEOPLE at closing time...……...and know that they treated this black woman differently, that's all there to it, sweetheart.  And you know this.

But I'm not gonna stop you from your butthurt motivations. Never have. lol

So they've seen them treat other BLACK people or just OTHER PEOPLE differently??? :bena:   This is a case of "They saw them treat white people better at closing time" and not "They saw them treat black people the same as white people before".... riiiiiight?

I like how you're talking about naiveté when it seems obvious that the ONLY fucking reason why they were fired was because the woman was black and the store just didn't want to even risk seeming insensitive EVEN THOUGH the employees were following POLICY and ANNNND the employer "doesn't consider them to be racist"... LOL

Edited by Remij_

This is rich:

The bakery has also volunteered to participate in Portland's second "Reparations Happy Hour", a black-only event in which whites donate money, and the hosting business hands out $10 bills to all "black, brown, and minority ethnicities" who walk into the business.

Jesus fucking christ :D 

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

So they've seen them treat other BLACK people or just OTHER PEOPLE differently??? :bena:   This is a case of "They saw them treat white people better at closing time" and not "They saw them treat black people the same as white people before".... riiiiiight?

I like how you're talking about naiveté when it seems obvious that the ONLY fucking reason why they were fired was because the woman was black and the store just didn't want to even risk seeming insensitive EVEN THOUGH the employees were following POLICY and ANNNND the employer "doesn't consider them to be racist"... LOL

You don't know that they were "following policy" because if they have ever ALLOWED anybody into the store at closing time before...……..then that policy is now at the mployee's discretion.

You...…………….don't...………...KNOW...…...any of this, or how any of this went down.

You know exactly what I have been saying these past few posts...…….you're just trying to play dumb. lol

Some people have kids and family to get home to . And stores have policies .

It was wrong for the people to get fired . The employees did nothing wrong . Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong , or racist .

The end 

25 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You don't know that they were "following policy" because if they have ever ALLOWED anybody into the store at closing time before...……..then that policy is now at the mployee's discretion.

You...…………….don't...………...KNOW...…...any of this, or how any of this went down.

You know exactly what I have been saying these past few posts...…….you're just trying to play dumb. lol

You don't know either..... and it's likely policy to allow the people in the store to finish their orders and close the shop down for others.  So this black woman sees some white people in the store and then assumes she was neglected because she was black..

WHERE Jerry, does it say that they've seen these employees treat black people differently before??  Where.

And you still haven't asked the question or establish how they treated black people during NORMAL WORKING HOURS?

It's funny how you chastise me for going by the information provided when YOU are the one that's assuming the employers have seen this bad behavior from them before... :tom: 

4 minutes ago, JonB1 said:

Some people have kids and family to get home to . And stores have policies .

It was wrong for the people to get fired . The employees did nothing wrong . Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong , or racist .

The end 

Jon... did you see the part about the store paying reparations back to minorities.... It's OBVIOUS AS FUCK that this store has an image to maintain... and this poor black woman was ready to tarnish the FUCK out of it if they didn't fire these employees for "unintentionally seeming racist".  I mean, by their own words they did nothing wrong.. but it could appear so... so FUCK EM.

Jesus :D 

Edited by Remij_
  • Cooke locked this topic
  • Cooke unlocked this topic