Sign in to follow this  
Remij_

Eidos Montreal dev (Tomb Raider) accuses Naughty Dog of faking animations

• 3:58 Trigger and fixed pathing
  •  
  • 4:52 Trigger with fixed event and then subsequent pathing
  •  
  • 6:40 Trigger encounter with scripted dodging and melee attack sequence. The dodge and fall into the side of the car which perfectly morphs into a neck stab gives this away easily, also the man who drops down and starts firing on her which leads to a chase.
  •  
  • 7:53 When hiding under the car after this chase she pulls her gun on the woman searching under cars, when the woman is about to check the car she is under she points the gun at her. After 5 seconds of the reticle already being fixed she then cocks the hammer when the woman is just about to kneel down giving the entire sequences away as scripting. Immediately after this she is pulled from underneath the car by a man which leads directly into button prompt attack which again is all scripted.
  •  
  • 8:33 shes running when being fired upon and grabs a bottle from a ledge and tosses it in a womans face, scripted.
  •  
  • 8:40 she grabs the woman as hostage and turns her around, woman perfectly takes an arrow, Elle consciously looks at the attacker, then the arrow, looks at the attacker, then the arrow again, the woman dies and is dropped, scripted.
  •  
  • 8:46 she runs by a window, it is shot, she dramatically reacts to the glass shattering in her face, scripted.
  •  
  • 8:53 the people who were just shooting at her stop to form an attack formation before entering the building to pursue her, scripted.
  •  
  • 10:05 she shoots a woman with an explosive arrow and is then attacked by the other two, the second person to attack her starts choking her and then throws her through a glass display across a table, scripted.
  •  
  • 10:42 upon final attack she takes the man down and stops shooting arrows at him which again goes into a scripted cutscene where he starts talking to her.

This shit is script fucking city... Dumbasses.

Edited by DynamiteCop!

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I've explained why I hate on Uncharted 4.  And it had nothing to do with the AI and scripted events... lmfao.

I've also been anticipating and praising what kind of game this could be... and it's looking amazing.  If it ends up sucking... I'll say so.

I didn't say that was your issue with the game. 

What was it though?

Just now, saltyhermitdenial said:

every demo presentation is scripted wtf are you guys even arguing about? 

These guys are retarded and think this is actually indicative of how the game will play, it's insane. 

every demo presentation is scripted wtf are you guys even arguing about? 

Every games has scripted sequences in it, it's just ND takes it to another level, they give you the impression of freedom but there's actually a very linear path the devs wants you to take. It's shit, I would have no problem with that really but people are delusional when it comes to ND and overrate the fuck out of their games. Someone has to call it like it is.

Just now, lynux3 said:

What if it isn't scripted?

It is, it's all for presentation purposes. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

These guys are retarded and think this is actually indicative of how the game will play, it's insane. 

lol man i guess they are fucking with you. i dont even understand how anyone can think it's not scripted? its a presentation with a cinematic purpose. and tbh I never heard anyone saying otherwise wtf

DUMBASSES :jonb:

lol man i guess they are fucking with you. i dont even understand how anyone can think it's not scripted? its a presentation with a cinematic purpose. and tbh I never heard anyone saying otherwise wtf

DUMBASSES :jonb:

They're either that delusional or they're fucking with me, I'm going with the former. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

That whole sequence will be recreatable though. Maybe not %100 but not far off. 

The problem is that every time you will play that sequence, it will play out almost the same exact way every time. There's no player freedom.

Just now, Ramza said:

Every games has scripted sequences in it, it's just ND takes it to another level, they give you the impression of freedom but there's actually a very linear path the devs wants you to take. It's shit, I would have no problem with that really but people are delusional when it comes to ND and overrate the fuck out of their games. Someone has to call it like it is.

dude its a fucking demo presentation, i thought we're talking about that. nobody cares how script garbaged up the ass the actual gameplay will be.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

They're either that delusional or they're fucking with me, I'm going with the former. 

this forum man. DUMBASSES :jonb: everywhere. you owned them bro.

dude its a fucking demo presentation, i thought we're talking about that. nobody cares how script garbaged up the ass the actual gameplay will be.

I care. It's why their games sucks.

5 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

What if it isn't scripted?

yeah i bet you are in for a suprise how it turns out for millions of people to watch. bet they played the demonstation on ultra hard difficulty too, right? :trump2:

Edited by saltyhermitdenial

yeah i bet they leave out for a suprise how it turns out for millions of people to watch. bet they played the demonstation on ultra hard difficulty too, right? :trump2:

That's correct.

yeah i bet they leave out for a suprise how it turns out for millions of people to watch. bet they played the demonstation on ultra hard difficulty too, right? :trump2:

That's another reason they script these things, they want it to play out exactly as they intend it to be seen, they don't want any anomalies or something to go wrong. 

2 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

No I won't, I have absolute confidence. There's no shadow of a doubt. 

I agree with you.  Cows are stupid for defending Naughty Dog.  They are the kings of bullshots and fake gameplay