The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Outlast 2 was on sale on steam so i bought. The intro leaves quite the first impression, i hope the rest of the game is that engaging. The one thing holding it back is that it has the same hide and seek gameplay design as the original.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

They both have their ups and downs, but Kiwami is without a doubt a better game mechanically.

Only by a little bit, they didn't reinvent the whole combat system for Kiwami, it's actually very similar.

0 story and content is just that much better.

19 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Only by a little bit, they didn't reinvent the whole combat system for Kiwami, it's actually very similar.

0 story and content is just that much better.

The content is hit or miss. The hostess mini game starts off fun but it becomes a laborious grind and i didn't have the patience to get the end of that storyline.

The real estate one was just a colossal waste of time.

Kiwami has less content but whats there is more consistent. As far as I know its also the only Yakuza where some of the side quests have actual fully voiced cut scenes. The presentation of those is much better than the typical scrolling text boxes and static character models.

Character progression, and the design of the skill trees also make way more sense.

Edited by Twinblade

%80 of side minigames in Kiwami is taken straight from 0, sure everything is a tad better but it's all reused assets. There's also a lot less minigames too.

0 has a whole other district to explore and two playable characters so whatever all the little improvements you can name from Kiwami, it all pales compare to that.

Plus Yakuza 1 original story is garbo, so no. The only good stuff were the added scenes with Nishiki and Majima. 

0 > Kiwami. Sit down.

7 minutes ago, Ramza said:

%80 of side minigames in Kiwami is taken straight from 0, sure everything is a tad better but it's all reused assets. There's also a lot less minigames too.

0 has a whole other district to explore and two playable characters so whatever all the little improvements you can name from Kiwami, it all pales compare to that.

Plus Yakuza 1 original story is garbo, so no. The only good stuff were the added scenes with Nishiki and Majima. 

0 > Kiwami. Sit down.

Once again you argue content but you forget that kiwami launched at half the price. 

Say what you will about the story, but at least theres some pacing and intensity to it. 0 has long stretches where practically nothing happens.

Overall 0 = Kiwami.

On 11/22/2017 at 8:08 PM, -CM²- said:

I did the Dominatrix one so if that's like the creme of the crop then i'll stick to the main story.

lol it’s more of an entertaining oddity. I like the game’s quirks. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

There’s so much trial and error bs in outlast 2. The game thinks it’s being scary and intense but it’s being more tedious than anything else.

Eh, the first kind of sucked. Soma did the hide n’ seek aspect significantly better. 

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

Eh, the first kind of sucked. Soma did the hide n’ seek aspect significantly better. 

Well compared to SOMA everything will pale in comparison. But compared to the latest horror games i've played (TEW2 and RE7) Outlast 2 makes them look like kids games in comparison. Its just way more tense and atmospheric, even with its gameplay problems.

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Well compared to SOMA everything will pale in comparison. But compared to the latest horror games i've played (TEW2 and RE7) Outlast 2 makes them look like kids games in comparison. Its just way more tense and atmospheric, even with its gameplay problems.

So it’s significantly better than the first one? 

Finished outlast 2....wtf :ben: game goes some places....

But if I were to rate it overall, i'd probably give it a 7.5. The trial and error moments are just annoying, and the game goes against its own logic sometimes. For example the camera has a directional mic that will indicate which directions noises are coming from and that includes the sounds enemies make. Its a cool mechanic, but it only works for patrolling enemies, and not ones that are part of the game's scripted events/monster closets so that basically contradicts the design of that feature.

Production values are top notch....the only horror game that compares is probably RE7. But even then I think Outlast's sound design is more convincing.

Edited by Twinblade
16 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Finished outlast 2....wtf :ben: game goes some places....

But if I were to rate it overall, i'd probably give it a 7.5. The trial and error moments are just annoying, and the game goes against its own logic sometimes. For example the camera has a directional mic that will indicate which directions noises are coming from and that includes the sounds enemies make. Its a cool mechanic, but it only works for patrolling enemies, and not ones that are part of the game's scripted events/monster closets so that basically contradicts the design of that feature.

Production values are top notch....the only horror game that compares is probably RE7. But even then I think Outlast's sound design is more convincing.

gotta leave spooks available tho? Is that that much of a betrayal? 

• Upvote 1