The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

52 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I kinda want to put Monster Hunter on hold and play through it...in fact i have a huge confession to make

Reveal hidden contents

I never actually played the original!

Whoooah! You need to play it! It’s your kind of game! 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

So I was bored and decided to answer some SOS signals and try out the co-op. Why do some weapons hit other players while other weapons don't?

I think the idea of being able to hit other players is pretty dumb to begin with since everyone is going to swarm the monster as soon as it gets knocked down but the fact that only certain weapons will hit other players is just really dumb. They need to add an option to where you can just turn that off if you want because I don't like it. It makes no sense to me.

11 hours ago, -GD- said:

Nice bro! It only gets better. I just took down #10. 

Yeah I made a lot of progress already

Im on the 14th colossus, apparently there are only 16 total? I was hoping the game would be longer, but they put a lot of effort into designing the colossi battles so I kind of understand it. Its cool because on the surface it looks like an action/adventure which is what I was expecting but its actually more of a puzzle game when you play it.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1
On 2/10/2018 at 11:44 PM, Sabo said:

So I was bored and decided to answer some SOS signals and try out the co-op. Why do some weapons hit other players while other weapons don't?

I think the idea of being able to hit other players is pretty dumb to begin with since everyone is going to swarm the monster as soon as it gets knocked down but the fact that only certain weapons will hit other players is just really dumb. They need to add an option to where you can just turn that off if you want because I don't like it. It makes no sense to me.

Huh? All weapons hit other players. I don't think every combo is interruptible by every attack though.

12 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah I made a lot of progress already

Reveal hidden contents

Im on the 14th colossus, apparently there are only 16 total? I was hoping the game would be longer, but they put a lot of effort into designing the colossi battles so I kind of understand it. Its cool because on the surface it looks like an action/adventure which is what I was expecting but its actually more of a puzzle game when you play it.

yeah, it's definitely more of a puzzle game in an  action-adventure universe. i'm almost done. i think it took me about 8 hours my first time. this time, i have played for far less (since i remembered a lot of the solutions). so maybe 5 hours? 

4 hours ago, -CM²- said:

Huh? All weapons hit other players. I don't think every combo is interruptible by every attack though.

No they don't. I was standing right next to a dude as he swung his Long Sword around and it did nothing to me. Stand near a player with Dual Knives and I'm getting hit constantly.

This is getting a little beside the point though. Bottom line- I don't like players being able to hit other players and want an option to turn it off. It adds absolutely nothing to the game and only encourages trolling bullshit.

Nah, they all totally do. A bad player will be a bad player and the mechanic can be annoying but it has its upsides. The most important one being you can knock players out of the stun status. Ive spent a lot of time in multiplayer and it's a nonissue as long as you use proper spacing and know where you should be.

Only thing I heard of that truly sounds like it sucks is preventing players from carving but i've yet to come across this

Edited by -CM²-
5 minutes ago, -CM²- said:

Nah, they all totally do. A bad player will be a bad player and the mechanic can be annoying but it has its upsides. The most important one being you can knock players out of the stun status. Ive spent a lot of time in multiplayer and it's a nonissue as long as you use proper spacing and know where you should be.

Only thing I heard of that truly sounds like it sucks is preventing players from carving but i've yet to come across this

Dude, I was literally standing RIGHT next to a Long Sword user as we were both drilling the tail on a Rathalos and I did NOT get hit at all. Same situation with another player using Dual Knives except instead of attacking the tail, we were attacking the head of a Rathalos. I was getting hit constantly. I've had Light Bowgun users shoot through me yet I get hit by Bow users. The weapons do not all share the same rules.

Interrupting carving is the least of the issues. I've seen guys intentionally cancel out other players charge attacks. I've seen guys prevent other players from using items. Keep in mind, this is only week 2, the trolling is only going to get worse. Much worse.

This game isn't on handhelds anymore. We're on consoles now and consoles have a MUCH larger online community. Unfortunately, this massive online community comes with the caveat that there are going to be a lot of trolls. Something as simple as allowing players to hit each other only leaves the door wide open for future problems. This is a huge oversight on Capcom's part and they really need to add in the option to turn this feature off. 

If you want to play with it on, be my guest. But I would like the choice to turn it off because I don't want to deal with the bullshit that is only going to get worse.

Got no explanation as to why you weren't being hit but they all hit other players, maybe the hitboxes are weird with said weapons. While sure an option would be nice I don't think the mechanic is gamebreaking. Hell, i've yet to be grouped with truly shitty dudes so far and i'm like 100hrs deep but most of the time my party consists of 2 people I know or 3 japanese people who seem to know what they're doing. It's a bummer not you got in a situation that shitty, guess i've just been super lucky.

Edited by -CM²-

It's not a game breaking mechanic but it is player breaking. It's too easy to exploit in order to ruin other players experiences. That's much worse than being game breaking IMO. Unless you join with people you absolutely know, you run the risk of running into BM players whose only goal is to troll.

Hell, this is something I forgot to mention because it's not exactly tied to what we're talking about but it is another form of trolling I've seen, players intentionally dying so the reward pay out will decrease.

There's a lot of assholes out there in the online world, I would just like the option to close one of the doors so I can try to filter them out as much as possible. I tend to only play with randoms because I don't really have anyone on my friends list (LOL... :() and the ones I do have, they're rarely online when I'm online. So I'm unfortunately running into these types of players. It's not often yet, but it is starting to happen a bit more than I'd like which is why I'd like to be able to nip this in the bud ASAP.

You should hit up Joey/Crazymonkey for an invite to our squad/Disco. It might help alleviate most of your issues, a bunch of older SS/SW folks are in there and we play regularly. But ya, I can see it being shitty especially if people start trolling 1 or 2 feint runs but ive been super lucky in that regard. 95% of the time I get Japanese players who just wreck shop.

Edited by -CM²-

How is the netcode for that? I've been setting my filter to Same Language so I've been avoiding Japanese players. I assumed this would help prevent lag. If the netcode is good though then I'll change my filter settings.

I do have CM on my friends list, he's the only person from here that I have. He's rarely online when I am though and when he is online he tends to be playing SFV so I don't bother him. I'll send him a message though to send me a Squad invite.

10 minutes ago, Sabo said:

How is the netcode for that? I've been setting my filter to Same Language so I've been avoiding Japanese players. I assumed this would help prevent lag. If the netcode is good though then I'll change my filter settings.

I do have CM on my friends list, he's the only person from here that I have. He's rarely online when I am though and when he is online he tends to be playing SFV so I don't bother him. I'll send him a message though to send me a Squad invite.

Let me know if youre gonna be on today, I'll send an inv. 

Just now, モンキー said:

Let me know if youre gonna be on today, I'll send an inv. 

I'll be hopping online here soon actually. Probably in about two hours, going to start cooking something to eat and then take a shower but after that I plan to hop online.