The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Played a bit more of Wipeout: Omega Collection. It's insane how the bigger view gives such an advantage, it's far easier to play in VR I find.

What an excellent game to add to the VR library. I'm glad I gave it a shot.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

15 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Up to the third region in Far Cry 5. Going for the plat too. 

nice man! i'm kind of all over the place in the game. my favorite have been faith's missions. some trippy stuff. 

Horizon 3 is just so fucking good. It's everything I could want in a racing game with a progression system that makes every minute of playtime feel meaningful. Nothing says fun like drifting a cargo van around at corner at 150 mp/h. :love:

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Horizon 3 is just so fucking good. It's everything I could want in a racing game with a progression system that makes every minute of playtime feel meaningful. Nothing says fun like drifting a cargo van around at corner at 150 mp/h. :love:

hell yeah! it's pretty awesome. it's easily the best open world racing game. horizon 2 was awesome too. in some ways, it's better, in terms of its better structured campaign. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, -GD- said:

nice man! i'm kind of all over the place in the game. my favorite have been faith's missions. some trippy stuff. 

Yeah the Faith portions of the game have definitely been the highlight so far.

My main gripe with the game so far is the forced sections where they capture you to progress certain main story missions, it's done so unnaturally and feels totally out of place given the sandbox nature of Far Cry, not to mention how dumb it is that they can capture you at will at any moment, you escape and it just keeps happening. 

Other than that, I'm loving it. 

15 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah the Faith portions of the game have definitely been the highlight so far.

My main gripe with the game so far is the forced sections where they capture you to progress certain main story missions, it's done so unnaturally and feels totally out of place given the sandbox nature of Far Cry, not to mention how dumb it is that they can capture you at will at any moment, you escape and it just keeps happening. 

Other than that, I'm loving it. 

yeah, there are some questionable campaign design choices, but it mostly works nicely. 

also, i haven't encountered many bugs, which is surprising for a ubisoft game. the only one that annoyed me was the tanker truck i hijacked that no longer "counted" (in the mission where you got to steal 2)... i was pissed since they blow up so easily :D 

but the main bugs are usually map related...like icons disappear or waypoints vanish. but those are very rare. 

Assassin's Creed Origins is meh. I'm starting to wonder if I'm playing the same game as everyone else because for all this talk of this game being a fresh and new direction for the series, this seems like your standard Ubisoft game. The game follows the Ubisoft formula down to a T.

1 hour ago, Sabo said:

Assassin's Creed Origins is meh. I'm starting to wonder if I'm playing the same game as everyone else because for all this talk of this game being a fresh and new direction for the series, this seems like your standard Ubisoft game. The game follows the Ubisoft formula down to a T.

eh, i think it was the setting that pulled me in. the story sucked, but i had a lot of fun exploring its world. 

I finished Ni No Kuni 2 after ~46 hours (includes a bunch of side quests). I have to say it was kind of disappointing overall. I was expecting more, but at the end of the day its a very by the books JRPG.

The story telling and character development (or lack thereof) are its weakest aspects. The majority of the game is basically you solving problems involving the game's regions, which has some of most formulaic pacing in the genre. The process is basically reach town > go through dungeon > fight boss > everybody becomes happy and rinse and repeat. It rarely ever strays from that pacing for 30 + hours. The dungeons themselves are not that interesting. As for the Characters, they have likable archetypes, but aren't fleshed out enough. Their voice acting is solid overall but there isn't enough of it. Most interactions involve the characters standing around conversing through text boxes. The art style is great, but the lack of animated cutscenes doesn't do it justice. The game also ends on a bizarre series of twists that make absolutely no sense and are poorly explained.

As for the towns, while their designs are interesting they just come off as bland and empty? I don't really know how to explain it, but they don't compare to any of the areas in other RPGs, especially when it comes to recent ones like Witcher 3, FFXV, or even Kingdom Come Deliverance. NPCs just stand around and act more as static pillars that hand out quests and flavor text. Theres no real bustling activity or atmosphere to their surroundings either.

The skirmishes they added aren't terrible, but the game does force you to go through a few throughout the main story, including the climatic moments. If you didn't do a few of the sidequests to level up your armies, i imagine you would have no choice but to go back and do some grinding or else you would have real trouble finishing the game in that state.

Now for the good stuff....the combat is actually really fun, and unlike the cutscenes these push the art style to their limit. The animations are fluid and gorgeous, as are the various spell effects. Theres actually a lot going on at times, but the framerate is usually smooth.

It also feels surprisingly good. The Tales and Star Ocean devs have been making their games for years but this actually feels snappier and more responsive in many ways.

The Kingdom Builder system is also really good. The gameplay loop of building up your kingdom, recruiting people, researching permanent upgrades from the facilities ranging from more EXP from battles to spells that have various effects like opening locked chests. It can be addicting.

But when all is said and done, the game could have been better. If I were to rate it i'd probably give it a 7.5. Theres a lot of charm and the fairytale vibe it gives off can be appealing, but it feels like it could have been a game released on the PS3 or even PS2.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
On 4/6/2018 at 12:58 PM, Sabo said:

Every UbiSoft game is the same .

This one was fun to me cause Egypt and there are hippos and lions and cool shit like that .

I doubt I'm gonna finish it . It's great but I'm at the point where I'm doing the same style side quests over and over . For the 2 months I've had it playing here and there I really enjoyed it .

Plus its beautiful to look at 

On 4/6/2018 at 10:37 PM, Twinblade said:

I finished Ni No Kuni 2 after ~46 hours (includes a bunch of side quests). I have to say it was kind of disappointing overall. I was expecting more, but at the end of the day its a very by the books JRPG.

The story telling and character development (or lack thereof) are its weakest aspects. The majority of the game is basically you solving problems involving the game's regions, which has some of most formulaic pacing in the genre. The process is basically reach town > go through dungeon > fight boss > everybody becomes happy and rinse and repeat. It rarely ever strays from that pacing for 30 + hours. The dungeons themselves are not that interesting. As for the Characters, they have likable archetypes, but aren't fleshed out enough. Their voice acting is solid overall but there isn't enough of it. Most interactions involve the characters standing around conversing through text boxes. The art style is great, but the lack of animated cutscenes doesn't do it justice. The game also ends on a bizarre series of twists that make absolutely no sense and are poorly explained.

As for the towns, while their designs are interesting they just come off as bland and empty? I don't really know how to explain it, but they don't compare to any of the areas in other RPGs, especially when it comes to recent ones like Witcher 3, FFXV, or even Kingdom Come Deliverance. NPCs just stand around and act more as static pillars that hand out quests and flavor text. Theres no real bustling activity or atmosphere to their surroundings either.

The skirmishes they added aren't terrible, but the game does force you to go through a few throughout the main story, including the climatic moments. If you didn't do a few of the sidequests to level up your armies, i imagine you would have no choice but to go back and do some grinding or else you would have real trouble finishing the game in that state.

Now for the good stuff....the combat is actually really fun, and unlike the cutscenes these push the art style to their limit. The animations are fluid and gorgeous, as are the various spell effects. Theres actually a lot going on at times, but the framerate is usually smooth.

It also feels surprisingly good. The Tales and Star Ocean devs have been making their games for years but this actually feels snappier and more responsive in many ways.

The Kingdom Builder system is also really good. The gameplay loop of building up your kingdom, recruiting people, researching permanent upgrades from the facilities ranging from more EXP from battles to spells that have various effects like opening locked chests. It can be addicting.

But when all is said and done, the game could have been better. If I were to rate it i'd probably give it a 7.5. Theres a lot of charm and the fairytale vibe it gives off can be appealing, but it feels like it could have been a game released on the PS3 or even PS2.

shit game. shit series. holy holy hell. hung on to every word you wrote. Imagine all the bad stuff at the top with an equally alarmingly bland and formulically paced combat at the bottom. That gives you Ni No Kuni 1.

FUCK this  game and trash.    

I was going to buy FC5 but I decided to give Watch Dogs 2 a try. Bad choice on my part, because that game literally crashes my PC 20 seconds after loading the world, forcing me to hard reboot it. What a pain in the ass. I don't have the time to troubleshoot this shit nor do I want to, I already do enough of that during my day job.

Edited by Twinblade