The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Been playing through Mario + Rabbids. On 2-5 right now. What a great game so far, if you never told me it was an Ubi game I'd believe you. Hasn't really been too tough so far, but it's been a decent challenge, definiely made me think a bit. Some of their takes on the genre + unique Mario type things they've implemented work wonderful.

Right now it's just Mario, Rabbid Luigi and Rabbid Peach. Haven't subbed regular Luigi in yet. 

1 hour ago, Casual said:

Been playing through Mario + Rabbids. On 2-5 right now. What a great game so far, if you never told me it was an Ubi game I'd believe you. Hasn't really been too tough so far, but it's been a decent challenge, definiely made me think a bit. Some of their takes on the genre + unique Mario type things they've implemented work wonderful.

Right now it's just Mario, Rabbid Luigi and Rabbid Peach. Haven't subbed regular Luigi in yet. 

it gets more challenging in the last 2 worlds. i mean, it's not frustrating. however, it does require some clever strategies. i loved it! 

HIt the 30 hour mark in AC Origins. I think im at the final stretch in the main story but I just unlocked some areas littered with side quests so It'll still be a while before I finish. The climax has had some cool story moments as well. Some of the stuff that happens actually lines up with real events that took place during that time period.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 2

I'm almost through Evil Within 2, and it's really playable but just doesn't have the atmosphere of the first one. If you're gonna sacrifice the atmosphere, just go full RE4 with the action. I think I've found one ammo drop for the sniper rifle since I got it. But it's still really playable. 

• Like 1

I finished Origins. Its got problems for sure but theres lots of good stuff in the game. The storytelling, and the way it acts as a prequel to the rest of the games in the series is probably what impressed me the most, especially when it all comes together in the end.

The combat is fun and the open world is definitely one of the largest and most detailed ones i've seen this gen. Even though I explored a fair amount and did a TON of side quests (there are too many if ill be honest) theres still a third of the map i've yet to even explore after finishing the game. I did wish there were more large cities but thats sort of offset by the fact that there are lots of smaller ones and settlements that each have their own unique look and feel.

I found the combat and stealh mechanics to be fun but the open world gameplay design in general isn't that impressive. Most of the main missions and sidequests boil down to infiltrate base X to assassinate dude Y, or capture prisoner Z. After 35 hours I was definetly starting to feel burnt out on it.

Theres are also a fair bit of jank and bugginess which is to be expected by AC standards.

But overall its definitely my favorite game in the series since Black Flag. I just hope they focus more on the open world mission design for the next game.

• Upvote 1

I locked my playstation in a luggage and haven't played it in 3 weeks. But I'm reading  ハリーポッターと秘密の部屋。 on page 150, hope to hit 200+ by the end of this month  (I don't read it everyday. Casually on my phone usually)

• Sad 1