Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
-GD-

The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, kokujin said:

Played the first couple or 1 hour of BOTW.  Boring.  Something tells me the overworld doesn't get too complex in variety. Green hills and mobs.  The first couple shrines were all the same color too.  Hoping to play the game later once the hype dies down and I might enjoy it.

''but bu David it's the highest rated game of the year by hundreds of reviewers, it's impossible for the game to be overrated, so it has to be fantastic'' -Kokujin two weeks ago

 

''Played the first couple or 1 hour of BOTW.  Boring.'' -Kokujin two weeks later.

 

Well, at least you can come up to your own conclusions yourself. I respect that. :juggle: 

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ramza said:

''but bu David it's the highest rated game of the year by hundreds of reviewers, it's impossible for the game to be overrated, so it has to be fantastic'' -Kokujin two weeks ago

 

''Played the first couple or 1 hour of BOTW.  Boring.'' -Kokujin two weeks later.

 

Well, at least you can come up to your own conclusions yourself. I respect that. :juggle: 

 

 

I only played 1 or 2 hours max. I agree perhaps the game should have gotten a 9. Hype KILLS anything, especially for me.

 

I'd have to see some real variety and fun in the oveoverworld to not be disappointed.  I'll try n play it within a year before it's forgotten.

 

BUT WHY THE FUCK IS RUN AND JUMP VERTICALLY SPLIT?? Anyone else's cranial split as soon as they found that out?? I've never seen a fucking game ever do that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kokujin said:

I only played 1 or 2 hours max. I agree perhaps the game should have gotten a 9. Hype KILLS anything, especially for me.

 

I'd have to see some real variety and fun in the oveoverworld to not be disappointed.  I'll try n play it within a year before it's forgotten.

 

BUT WHY THE FUCK IS RUN AND JUMP VERTICALLY SPLIT?? Anyone else's cranial split as soon as they found that out?? I've never seen a fucking game ever do that.  

I used to be like that when I first joined SW in 2006. I stopped giving a fuck a long time ago tho. Hype can't kill anything for me now, I make my own hype and I won't know for certain until I try the game for myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoy movies and Netflix better when I'm de hyped so I think I know how it affects me.  Playing botw knowing it scored a 10 is a unfaithful experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, i've hit level 17 on ass creed origins. 

 

some notes:

 

- i really love exploring this world. it feels alive, and there's always a new piece of eye candy around every corner.

 

- the missions are pretty repetitive. i have basically cleared out numerous areas of soldiers/wild animals, and have carried numerous prisoners or corpses to various destinations.  i think this repetitive quest design is why the game only got 7's and 8's.  

 

- fortunately, the missions are pretty short. i also like to do a good amount of hunting. i have probably upgraded my armor via crafting a good 7 times or 8 times. 

 

- as for the story, it hasn't won me over yet. it's still just ok. however, the protagonist is very likable. 

 

- even with the flaws, i continue looking forward to playing this game. a lot of that has to do with the dense design of each area.  

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the mission design is the weakpoint. It really sticks out when you do the side quests, because you realize that they task you with the doing the same things as the main missions. 

 

They actually stripped out a bunch of the stuff from previous games, like the missions that would have you follow different targets. A lot of people didn't really like those, but they did break up the pace. Origins doesn't really have any stuff like that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah, the mission design is the weakpoint. It really sticks out when you do the side quests, because you realize that they task you with the doing the same things as the main missions. 

 

They actually stripped out a bunch of the stuff from previous games, like the missions that would have you follow different targets. A lot of people didn't really like those, but they did break up the pace. Origins doesn't really have any stuff like that.

oh yeah...i think 2 had that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Destiny 2. Wanted something to do while waiting for next tier in XIV so me and a few people from the static i'm in checked it out. The raid is pretty decent, makes me miss raiding in a game that isn't just boss in a box. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

old school assasinations, with contracts, and gathering intel from NPCs using a tree-branch skill-based terp for your ability to infiltrate different minds. Organically finding your target. Why doesn't ass creed just do that damn it. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kokujin said:

old school assasinations, with contracts, and gathering intel from NPCs using a tree-branch skill-based terp for your ability to infiltrate different minds. Organically finding your target. Why doesn't ass creed just do that damn it. 

because it would be too hard for casuals and: greed. assassins greed is literally copypaste. :shrug:

 

its the same reason we get all this hand holding nowadays. lmao. it's pathetic. I agree with you on the stupid waymarker and all this shit that exploration, probably one of the most important aspect of games, suffers because of it. 

 

It's the same with all the 3D shit like resident evil going full retard instead of making set pieces. The camera angles add so much immersion and atmosphere all RE after 3 were like a complete joke to me. :tom: its all about mainstream shit and money now. 

Edited by variouskaztrations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting close to the end in FFXII. Wow, I don't think I could ever replay this game without the fast forward function now. XII was so poorly paced at time, especially if you start backtracking for monster hunts.

 

Still a fantastic game. in many ways, so flawed in others, still a brilliant game though. Especially if you like a good narrative in your JRPGs, one that doesn't make you cringe and want to kill yourself. The dialogues are so good, easily the best writing in a Final Fantasy title. Still to this day. The voice acting is WAY better than what followed (XIII, XV).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Getting close to the end in FFXII. Wow, I don't think I could ever replay this game without the fast forward function now. XII was so poorly paced at time, especially if you start backtracking for monster hunts.

 

Still a fantastic game. in many ways, so flawed in others, still a brilliant game though. Especially if you like a good narrative in your JRPGs, one that doesn't make you cringe and want to kill yourself. The dialogues are so good, easily the best writing in a Final Fantasy title. Still to this day. The voice acting is WAY better than what followed (XIII, XV).

It's insane how good the voice acting was in that game especially for its time.

 

Balthier :dreamy:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2017 at 6:44 PM, variouskaztrations said:

because it would be too hard for casuals and: greed. assassins greed is literally copypaste. :shrug:

 

its the same reason we get all this hand holding nowadays. lmao. it's pathetic. I agree with you on the stupid waymarker and all this shit that exploration, probably one of the most important aspect of games, suffers because of it. 

lmao

 

This series keeps trying to break the mold, but ends up just creating mold.

 

The AC franchise is like a 50 year old college student still trying to find their way, but never will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, ass creed is long as fuck. I’ve put in like 20+ hours and I’m only halfway done and at level 21. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Wednesday, December 06, 2017 at 5:44 PM, variouskaztrations said:

because it would be too hard for casuals and: greed. assassins greed is literally copypaste. :shrug:

 

its the same reason we get all this hand holding nowadays. lmao. it's pathetic. I agree with you on the stupid waymarker and all this shit that exploration, probably one of the most important aspect of games, suffers because of it. 

 

It's the same with all the 3D shit like resident evil going full retard instead of making set pieces. The camera angles add so much immersion and atmosphere all RE after 3 were like a complete joke to me. :tom: its all about mainstream shit and money now. 

All 3-4 points agreed.  I miss the scare of old school RE. I miss when games weren't scared to be games and challenging spelunking. Exploration and music are a long yearned titty I wanna play with 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, kokujin said:

All 3-4 points agreed.  I miss the scare of old school RE. I miss when games weren't scared to be games and challenging spelunking. Exploration and music are a long yearned titty I wanna play with 

you can play with mine faggot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, variouskaztrations said:

you can play with mine faggot

I'm covered.  I rushed that earlier response, but totes totes agree. Gaming has lost its balls.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assassin’s creed origins is starting to feel like a grind. I feel like I’m almost forced to do every side mission in order to level up. Currently at 27.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Assassin’s creed origins is starting to feel like a grind. I feel like I’m almost forced to do every side mission in order to level up. Currently at 27.

I was always higher than the recommended level for the main missions. You don't have to do many of the side quests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×