The Official "What are you watching?" thread

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Not talking about the quality of the storylines but how far they are branching from each other. S1 was very tight and focused even with the Maeve storyline being very different than the MiB/Dolores one and we got updates to both each ep. S2 however is starting to do what Walking Dead did in later seasons where one ep1 with squad A then next with squad B then next back to squad A. Not a fan of this cause it ruins the build up from each story thread imo. Like the Shogun world finale was from 2 eps back and we see the continuation now, yet because of the last episode and how that ended I was now more invested in that continuation which you need to wait an extra week for now. Hope that makes sense.

Yeah but they even did that on Lost. They’ll probably come to a common ending if last season is any example. We really didn’t know about the whole timeline and continuity and connections within the first 5 episodes. Hell, the big twist wasn’t even until episode 6. I’ll just Nolan to give us a satisfying finish. If season 1 was the only season that ever came out, it would honestly be a very damn good, satisfying and self-contained story and conclusion. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So here’s my quick review of hereditary:   1. It’s nowhere near being the scariest movie ever. It’s more of an unsettling thriller.    2. It’s surprisingly unpredictable. The trail

my mini review of mother:   I finally saw the movie Mother. I think it’s a better work of art, and conversation piece, than it is a film. The symbolism and metaphors are fantastic, and it wa

this looks nuts

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Ike said:

Now that’s it done, I’ve read and heard nothing but incredible things about The Terror on AMC. I’m probably going to binge that this coming weekend. 

Same 

9 hours ago, -GD- said:

man...westworld is craaaaa....

i have some theories about what's going on. i hope i'm right. :smoke: 

Word. Can't get enough of it, thinking of rewatching Season 1, just to see if I can put together some more theories.

12 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Reveal hidden contents

Trying to find some more scenes with the aspect ratio change?

:mjpls:

Spoiler

ok..here are a few:

the cradle explains a lot. while i think the hosts do have some kind of consciousness, i think the cradle is part simulator, designed to interpret guests' interests, and other personal data, so the arcs can adapt to an individual's desired experience, remotely, and by doing so the hosts are given a simulated backstory. but like any program,  it can be modded or hacked. i think maeve is the only "free" host, and that she's able to manipulate the simulation - like her new jedi mind trick. she's essentially re-writing code. but...i think the cradle also serves as a server for backups...like the version of westworld where delores and teddy are sweet like apple pie (let's call it vanilla westworld). but...ford is now lurking there, which makes me think he's been tampering with the "main"  westworld via cradle. then again, vanilla westworld maybe a program within another program (the main one), and westworld is just one massive simulation ala matrix. i'm driving myself crazy thinking about it LOL

7 hours ago, -GD- said:
  Hide contents

ok..here are a few:

the cradle explains a lot. while i think the hosts do have some kind of consciousness, i think the cradle is part simulator, designed to interpret guests' interests, and other personal data, so the arcs can adapt to an individual's desired experience, remotely, and by doing so the hosts are given a simulated backstory. but like any program,  it can be modded or hacked. i think maeve is the only "free" host, and that she's able to manipulate the simulation - like her new jedi mind trick. she's essentially re-writing code. but...i think the cradle also serves as a server for backups...like the version of westworld where delores and teddy are sweet like apple pie (let's call it vanilla westworld). but...ford is now lurking there, which makes me think he's been tampering with the "main"  westworld via cradle. then again, vanilla westworld maybe a program within another program (the main one), and westworld is just one massive simulation ala matrix. i'm driving myself crazy thinking about it LOL

Yeah the cradle has now become pretty much the most important thing in the show. Ever since the end of S1 where Ford is killed my theory was that he had discovered a way to upload his consciousness somehow and would return. The cradle very much is that. I think the entire end goal of Westworld was always about trying to achieve immortality. I think Ford somehow finally discovered how and perfected what William couldn't with his father in law all those years. I think he then orchestrated his death and everything that is going on and will eventually be downloaded into another host body. Even the term 'host' I feel has relevance. We think it is because they are hosting guests but it also works perfectly as a host body of a consciousness. I don't know if you've seen Altered Carbon but basically I think it is like the beginning of that technology of downloading consciousness into hosts. 

I think that the people/person  Charlotte Hale is communicating with is Ford inside the cradle, hence the more archaic form of communication.

There is another theory I read regarding Bernard and the timelines which I think is amazing and spot on, not sure if you have heard of it. Don't want to tell you if you don't want to know though cause I'm fairly sure it's legit and would be a pretty late season twist. 

• Like 1