Sign in to follow this  
-GD-

The Official Fitness Thread

4 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Everything in moderation :face:

Skipping meat completely is too damn hard for me, tried it once or twice but replacing proteins with something you like is difficult.

Then I tried it with just fish but I'm not the biggest fan, canned fish and tuna also become unbearable after a while

I like battered fish a lot the strain on our oceans is really bad though. So lately I haven't been eating it. I haven't had canned tuna in years and years.

36 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i don't like pork, but chicken and beef = :love: 

Yeah giving up poultry would be really hard too. I can deal with cooked tofu or faux sausage though. I'm getting there. I was a vegetarian for awhile but it didn't last.

The problem is when you eat out your options for eating vegan or vegetarian can be limited but it depends where you're at.

7 minutes ago, Biohazard2 said:

Yeah giving up poultry would be really hard too. I can deal with cooked tofu or faux sausage though. I'm getting there. I was a vegetarian for awhile but it didn't last.

be careful. that stuff increases estrogen levels. 

I gotta say, the thing I hate most about  fitness is the amount of time i spend cooking and eating. I'm not a foodie so having bland food doesn't bother me but just the amount of time i spend making fucking lunches and dinners...sigh.  i don't even really cook that much compared to most people, right now my day looks like:

breakfast - 2 egg, spinach and cheese omelette with half a english muffin toasted w/ PB.

mid-morning - greek yogurt with granola and blueberries

lunch - spaghetti and meatballs (i try to cook 2 days worth of this at a time)

mid afternoon - almonds, carrot sticks, and some fruit (usually an apple or a couple clementines)

dinner - chicken breast, rice, brocolli. again, try to do 2 days of this, sometimes ill do 3 days of chicken but i find the brocolli goes bad pretty quick.

after workout - shake w/ protein powder, almond milk, frozen berries and a banana

Against gd's better judgement I've been doing that 6 day PPL and between that, cooking, working, and my mandatory 45 minute greys anatomy episode a night with the wife, free time is gone pretty quick.

Doesn't help that workouts that should take me 45 minutes take closer to  75 minutes because the gyms in my area are a damn zoo. 

So with that in mind I'm gonna switch to this: https://imgur.com/WIhiBOy

Think I'll  do the 3 day variant, maybe 3.5 day (just every other day). Gonna just stick to the base program for a few weeks and then add in some accessory lifts. 

Just now, Casual said:

I gotta say, the thing I hate most about  fitness is the amount of time i spend cooking and eating. I'm not a foodie so having bland food doesn't bother me but just the amount of time i spend making fucking lunches and dinners...sigh.  i don't even really cook that much compared to most people, right now my day looks like:

breakfast - 2 egg, spinach and cheese omelette with half a english muffin toasted w/ PB.

mid-morning - greek yogurt with granola and blueberries

lunch - spaghetti and meatballs (i try to cook 2 days worth of this at a time)

mid afternoon - almonds, carrot sticks, and some fruit (usually an apple or a couple clementines)

dinner - chicken breast, rice, brocolli. again, try to do 2 days of this, sometimes ill do 3 days of chicken but i find the brocolli goes bad pretty quick.

after workout - shake w/ protein powder, almond milk, frozen berries and a banana

Against gd's better judgement I've been doing that 6 day PPL and between that, cooking, working, and my mandatory 45 minute greys anatomy episode a night with the wife, free time is gone pretty quick.

Doesn't help that workouts that should take me 45 minutes take closer to  75 minutes because the gyms in my area are a damn zoo. 

So with that in mind I'm gonna switch to this: https://imgur.com/WIhiBOy

Think I'll  do the 3 day variant, maybe 3.5 day (just every other day). Gonna just stick to the base program for a few weeks and then add in some accessory lifts. 

ya, 3 or 3.5 days are best imo. 

another alternative

mon - push - tuesday - pull - wednesday rest - thurs legs - friday  rest

then on saturday, you start the cycle again. you end up hitting each muscle every 5th day, which is perfect imo. 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

ya, 3 or 3.5 days are best imo. 

another alternative

mon - push - tuesday - pull - wednesday rest - thurs legs - friday  rest

then on saturday, you start the cycle again. you end up hitting each muscle every 5th day, which is perfect imo. 

Hmmm, might try something like that too.  one thing I do like about Workout A/B type programs is that I don't feel as guilty missing a day when something comes up, I can just jump in the next day on whatever workout I'm on. for whatever reason I always feel like i'm really fucking shit up when I miss a day in something like a PPL.

Also, my bad cause I know you posted that channel with the guy who had a 3/4 day routine, and I did check his videos. But if I'm being honest i'm a lazy pos and opposed to any program where someone hasn't already created an excel template for me to go off :). 

1 minute ago, Casual said:

Hmmm, might try something like that too.  one thing I do like about Workout A/B type programs is that I don't feel as guilty missing a day when something comes up, I can just jump in the next day on whatever workout I'm on. for whatever reason I always feel like i'm really fucking shit up when I miss a day in something like a PPL.

Also, my bad cause I know you posted that channel with the guy who had a 3/4 day routine, and I did check his videos. But if I'm being honest i'm a lazy pos and opposed to any program where someone hasn't already created an excel template for me to go off :). 

haha all good. but yeah. mon/wed/fri is what i do, alternating, each week, between lower, upper, lower and upper, lower, upper. 

• Like 1

Casual you could always cook large batches of spaghetti sauce or other things, portion them for a single serving and freeze them in. You'll have to cook and prep a bit longer but you won't have to do it every other day.

Also crock-pots are nice to make (large) quantities of stews and other tasty things very easily.

Protein shakes or bars for when you want to eat something quickly.

Props to those who do meal preps for a whole week eating the same shit every day,  but that shit is too autistic for me lol. So I prefer to cook something quickly or prepare something I can freeze in and use for a week or two

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Casual you could always cook large batches of spaghetti sauce or other things, portion them for a single serving and freeze them in. You'll have to cook and prep a bit longer but you won't have to do it every other day.

Also crock-pots are nice to make (large) quantities of stews and other tasty things very easily.

Protein shakes or bars for when you want to eat something quickly.

Props to those who do meal preps for a whole week eating the same shit every day,  but that shit is too autistic for me lol. So I prefer to cook something quickly or prepare something I can freeze in and use for a week or two

Yeah good call.  I've been doing two days of the sauce/meatballs but I could probably stretch that specifically. I also used to make like 2 weeks worth of breakfast burritos at a time, then just zap them each morning. Maybe I'll do that again (though breakfast doesn't take that long and honestly it just makes me late for work so it's not even my personal time I'm losing). 

I actually have a crock pot sitting there. I've used it once...made some bomb mac and cheese.  

I feel you on the last part. I've been eating the same thing every day because I find it easier to manage the routine + grocery shopping and most of all I know I'm hitting my calories/macros each day. I should figure out some more meals that fit in with my goals though. 

My gf doesn't work but waits on me hand and foot and is the best cook I ever met.

I get healthy gourmet style meals around the clock :ooh: