Sign in to follow this  
TLHBO

Monster Hunter World

I have yet to play it at all. Hoping I can get to play with some friends who hasn't got too far yet. Hopefully.

Otherwise I'll just do it alone like I always do with MH games.

2 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Still playing it here and there. The HR100 grind is just silly, so I just pop back in when I feel like fucking up a big dragon or two.

Shiiiet, you level up like crazy during the Temper grind. I started Temper grinding when I was like level 50. Now I'm 70. At this point I'm convinced I'm going to hit level 100 way before I get any Augment parts I actually want.

Edited by Sabo

12 hours ago, Sabo said:

Shiiiet, you level up like crazy during the Temper grind. I started Temper grinding when I was like level 50. Now I'm 70. At this point I'm convinced I'm going to hit level 100 way before I get any Augment parts I actually want.

The tempered elder dragons? I did those from HR50 to HR60 at about a ~30 minutes per HR level, so it wasn't atrocious or anything but the lack of goals along the way and the mats being so rare kind of kill the reward structure.

2 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

The tempered elder dragons? I did those from HR50 to HR60 at about a ~30 minutes per HR level, so it wasn't atrocious or anything but the lack of goals along the way and the mats being so rare kind of kill the reward structure.

Just Tempered Investigations period. The ones where you fight 2 at once give a lot of XP, even two Tier 1 Monsters give decent XP. You can get Investigations that make you fight 3 Tempered enemies but those are hard to come by (obviously they give a massive amount of XP).

You're in luck though if you're really looking to level up fast. There's a Quest right now in Events that let's you fight a Tempered Pink Rathian and Tempered Legiana (both Tier 2 Monsters). You get A LOT of XP for clearing this quest (I almost get a whole level and I'm 75). It's not that hard either, I've run it a few times today in between grinding Elder Dragons. Average time to clear it is like 10 minutes. 

2 hours ago, Sabo said:

Just Tempered Investigations period. The ones where you fight 2 at once give a lot of XP, even two Tier 1 Monsters give decent XP. You can get Investigations that make you fight 3 Tempered enemies but those are hard to come by (obviously they give a massive amount of XP).

You're in luck though if you're really looking to level up fast. There's a Quest right now in Events that let's you fight a Tempered Pink Rathian and Tempered Legiana (both Tier 2 Monsters). You get A LOT of XP for clearing this quest (I almost get a whole level and I'm 75). It's not that hard either, I've run it a few times today in between grinding Elder Dragons. Average time to clear it is like 10 minutes. 

Eh, the multi-monster tempered investigations give a lot of XP relative to single monster ones, but not relative to the XP bar. I was doing the calculations in the mid-30s when trying to figure out the fastest way to get to HR49 and had 2x tempered monster quests giving 1/3 of a level and 3x tempered monster quests giving 1/2. At 10-15 minutes depending on number/which monsters, that's still in the ~40 hour range even not accounting for the increased XP requirements as you get higher in HR.

I'll definitely check out that new event, though. 

Edited by Hot Sauce

I'm not a fan of how they've done the quests, you have to do an expedition and track or slay a monster to unlock the quest?

I preferred it in the other games where all the quests were there from the start, and you did them to get the urgent quest.

This has thrown me off a bit. Finding new quests but all the monsters are easy now since I have higher level equipment.

7 hours ago, TLHBO said:

I'm not a fan of how they've done the quests, you have to do an expedition and track or slay a monster to unlock the quest?

I preferred it in the other games where all the quests were there from the start, and you did them to get the urgent quest.

This has thrown me off a bit. Finding new quests but all the monsters are easy now since I have higher level equipment.

Just pick up the tracks during the Investigation, no need to go on an Expedition. I've gotten in the habit of tailing the target for the first few minutes of the quest just to pick up tracks and stuff, you even learn the monsters route so you can use that knowledge to your advantage by planting bombs/traps to make the fights go even faster.

You can also unlock Investigations from breaking parts as well so focus on doing that more. I didn't care for the system at first either but once I learnt how it all worked I find I can get a nice and steady stream of Tempered Investigations. Out of the the 50 you're allowed to assign, 34 of mine are Tempered related.

Does this come later? Normally investigations don't unlock until you've tracked the monster already.

I mean for example there was no quest for Bazelgeuse until I had seen and tracked it in expedition. Then it unlocked the quest for me as an optional 7 star quest.

Basically there's a meter that runs behind the scenes. Every monster track you find adds points to this meter, when you fill that meter up you unlock Investigations. Green tracks unlock normal Investigations, blue tracks unlock Tempered Investigations. Breaking parts seems to run on a different meter but will also unlock Investigations.

You can't unlock Investigations for certain things if you haven't progressed enough to beat the Assigned mission associated with them. So if you haven't done the Double Tempered Bazel quest, then you can't get Tempered Monster Investigations. I don't think you can get Tempered Elder Dragon Investigations until you clear the HR 49 quest (Tempered Kirin).

I'm not at tempered yet but that's what I mean. You have to track a monster to unlock its mission.

I couldn't fight Bazelgeuse until I had tracked it. In the old games though the quest would have been available from the start. So I've been doing other missions, doing assigned missions and now when I do unlock those quests/investigations the monsters are too easy.

I guess it's to pad it out? Or reward people for tracking/expeditions?

Getting tracks is just for Investigations and Research information, they have nothing to do with actual progression. The quests that unlock Tempered Monsters and Tempered Elder Dragons can only be gained when you reach the appropriate Hunter Rank. The Double Tempered Bazel fight unlocks when you reach HR 28 (I think? Can't remember). The Tempered Kirin fight unlocks when you reach Hunter Rank 49. 

On the grind to rank 100 now. Currently at 48.

Going for all the cool Lances. Then I'm gonna branch out into other weapons.

Nerg Gem and Vaal Hazak fang are harder to find than games on Xbox lol

Can't.stop.playing :scared: