Sign in to follow this  
madmaltese

The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

photo_verybig_184586.jpg

Finally upon us!!

Kicks off with Russia vs Saudi Arabia.

Home advantage to get Russia the win + fuck the Saudis. 

Who you guys got? Favoutires? Golden Boot tips? Dark horses?

I say Germany to win, Muller or Neymar for Golden Boot, Peru to be a dark horse.

USA so shit they need to be given the World Cup in 2026 so they don't need to qualify 

:D

Just now, madmaltese said:

The only sport that matters :smugcena:

I used to play Soccer. :face: I don't watch this shit though, but it would be hilarious if Russia got knocked out right away. :mj:

Just now, lynux3 said:

I used to play Soccer. :face: I don't watch this shit though, but it would be hilarious if Russia got knocked out right away. :mj:

I would legitimately fear for the safety of nearly every other country's fans if they did lol They have as easy a group as a World Cup can give you though, would be a major failure if they didn't make it out of the group.

Just now, CarlosV said:

Golden Ball: Messi

Golden Boot: Neymar

Semi:  Spain v Brazil

Semi Germany v Argentina 

then Germany vs Brazil final and an 8-1 repeat :aitch:

13 minutes ago, dakur said:

When is the first game?

in 14.5 hours from now

Only one match on Day 1 but then 3 games a day from then on till the group stages end

Edited by madmaltese

16 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

Yes. Finally, after 36 years, Perú makes it back to the WC. We'll see how they fair against Denmark on Saturday.

yh9PwVk.jpg

I always enjoy going to a local meat market and or local mexican restaurant early on Saturday or Sunday mornings to watch all the commotion as they watch the games. Get me some good mexican breakfast, as well.

Just now, jehurey said:

I always enjoy going to a local meat market and or local mexican restaurant early on Saturday or Sunday mornings to watch all the commotion as they watch the games. Get me some good mexican breakfast, as well.

Aztec soup. Perfect for post game hangover :diddy: 

Fucking US couldn’t even draw with Trinidad :shake: 

Anyways, my adopted team is Iceland. Ever since they drew with Portugal in Euro and beat England in the knockouts in euro 2016, I’ve rooted for them. Anyone but Portugal really for me though. I think Germany has a good shot at a repeat.  

I'm curious to see how England will stack up against Belgium in the group and who finishes top of the group out of the two.  A lot has been said about the quality of Belgium over the past few years but I think and hope that this is surely the tournament where they deliver on their potential.

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

Menudo, Chicharones, and quesadillas at my moms 8AM Sunday morning

will be like 40 of us watching Mexico get wrecked by the World Champions