Sign in to follow this  
madmaltese

The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Amazing performance by Russia even though the Saudis were absolutely horrific. That fourth goal :aitch::aitch:

3 hours ago, Angelfish said:

I'm curious to see how England will stack up against Belgium in the group and who finishes top of the group out of the two.  A lot has been said about the quality of Belgium over the past few years but I think and hope that this is surely the tournament where they deliver on their potential.

Yeah that's going to be a great match even though regardless of result both sides should make it through the group. 

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Amazing performance by Russia even though the Saudis were absolutely horrific. That fourth goal :aitch::aitch:

Yeah that's going to be a great match even though regardless of result both sides should make it through the group. 

36% Russian possession vs 64% Saudi Arabia  :mindblown:

Yeah that first game is so fucking deceiving. A team that can hold the ball and know what the fuck to do with it will shit all over Russia.

Even with this 5-0 victory I can see Russia still not making it to the next round.

Edited by MalaXmaS

Russia will move on. Egypt and Saudi Arabia aren’t advancing from group A. They’ll get demolished though in the knockout stage to Portugal or Spain. The groups this year suck. 

1 hour ago, MalaXmaS said:

36% Russian possession vs 64% Saudi Arabia  :mindblown:

Yeah that first game is so fucking deceiving. A team that can hold the ball and know what the fuck to do with it will shit all over Russia.

Even with this 5-0 victory I can see Russia still not making it to the next round.

Yeah, Russia just counter superbly and the Saudi midfield was far to slow in transition. Zero cover for their defensive line who looked like they had no idea what to do when a ball was in the air. The result was more a sign of how shit Saudi Arabia are then how well the Russians played. Russia vs Egypt will decide who progresses along with Uruguay. Egypt could very easily beat Russia. 

That easily could’ve been 2-0. This match has been soooo good. 

Fucking hell, that finish and ball control by Costa was amazing.