Sign in to follow this  
lynux3

May 2018 NPD (PS4 #1, God of War, Detroit, DK and Hyrule top sellers)

Switch is tracking ahead of PS4 by every metric and will outsell pos4 this year as well. Wait until that Q4 gold rush.:trump2:

Just now, B__H said:

Switch is tracking ahead of PS4 by every metric and will outsell pos4 this year as well. Wait until that Q4 gold rush.:trump2:

No, it's not. :reg:

There's no bullshit. Numbers are numbers the PS4 is ahead launch aligned, 2017 and 2018. For a while though, the Switch was ahead launch aligned, but that fell through at the beginning of this year when Switch sales dropped. It's likely Switch will never catch up the PS4 at this point because from here on out PS4 goes on to sell 18-20m units a year.

1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

Switch is still tracking behind PS4 launch aligned, 2017 and this year. :dead:

are you talking NA only or WW? 

BH posted NA numbers. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

are you talking NA only or WW? 

BH posted NA numbers. 

I'm talking about WW.

17 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Switch will never catch PS4. Fact.

of course it won't,  not enough time left for it to catch PS4....... 

It will definitely surpass Xbox1 though... lol

Just now, lynux3 said:

I'm talking about WW.

We won't know that for sure until Nintendo releases its numbers for the Qtr next month.... its going to be close..... real close because Switch is tracking ahead In Japan and the US launch aligned.   The other regions will be the deciding factor. 

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

We won't know that for sure until Nintendo releases its numbers for the Qtr next month.... its going to be close..... real close because Switch is tracking ahead In Japan and the US launch aligned.   The other regions will be the deciding factor. 

There was a thread about this a few months ago with the numbers and Switch is behind in the hundreds of thousands of units. It's not far behind. Pretty sure I quoted you when I was saying a while back when March or April rolls around that it'd be behind and it ended up being true.

It's when we were bitching back and forth about the projections and shit. :happysad:

9 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

There was a thread about this a few months ago with the numbers and Switch is behind in the hundreds of thousands of units. It's not far behind. Pretty sure I quoted you when I was saying a while back when March or April rolls around that it'd be behind and it ended up being true.

It's when we were bitching back and forth about the projections and shit. :happysad:

They launched at different periods.  So launch aligned PS4's holiday season is March time for Switch.     

Alternatively, the holiday time for Switch launch aligned will be non Holiday time launch aligned for PS4. 

All this means is that both will rise and fall in a launch aligned comparison. 

9 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

They launched at different periods.  So launch aligned PS4's holiday season is March time for Switch.     

Alternatively, the holiday time for Switch launch aligned will be non Holiday time launch aligned for PS4. 

All this means is that both will rise and fall in a launch aligned comparison. 

Naturally, yes.

I think the numbers are based on PS4's first year sales versus Switch's first year sales.

11 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Naturally, yes.

I think the numbers are based on PS4's first year sales versus Switch's first year sales.

The comparison was the first 13 months. 

For PS4 the first 13 months included two holiday seasons, For Switch the first 13 months is only one Holiday season and it was still very close. 

55 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

of course it won't,  not enough time left for it to catch PS4....... 

It will definitely surpass Xbox1 though... lol

Lmao that’s easy though

10 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The comparison was the first 13 months. 

For PS4 the first 13 months included two holiday seasons, For Switch the first 13 months is only one Holiday season and it was still very close. 

Ah, yeah I couldn't remember. It's a close race and the more the merrier as long as Xflop stays irrelevant. :danylol: 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Ah, yeah I couldn't remember. It's a close race and the more the merrier as long as Xflop stays irrelevant. :danylol: 

It's true! :cruise: 

9 hours ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

I have no idea why you're arguing against last-gen ports on Switch.  We can go 'round and 'round on the details, but it seems like you're missing the big picture of what I said in the first place, which was that Nintendo should money hat the ports to get the games on their system.  Last-gen ports.  On a superior system.  It's not rocket science. 

On 2018-06-20 at 8:15 AM, McWickedSmawt85 said:

All of the indie developers have stated it's piss-easy to port to.

This is just a really dumb thing to say when discussing AAA ports from last gen. That's all.

43 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

This is just a really dumb thing to say when discussing AAA ports from last gen. That's all.

Disagree.  The entire industry is porting AAA games from last gen.  It's perfectly reasonable.

4 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

Disagree.  The entire industry is porting AAA games from last gen.  It's perfectly reasonable.

Do you just not see how your logic doesn't fit?