Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Goukosan

Full* NPD results for May - SOD2 #1

Recommended Posts

Note any game with a Asterix doesn't include digital sales. 

 

Also note Xbox1 "exclusive" games that are also on PC includes PC sales. 

 

 

Big 3 break records: Sony's PlayStation 4, Microsoft's Xbox One and Nintendo Switch all achieved all-time unit sales highs for a May month. Previous highs were May 2016 for PlayStation 4, May 2015 for Xbox One, and May 2017 for Switch.

 

Lmfao at anyone who listened to Patcher:mj:

 


PS4 is the months best seller: Sony's PlayStation 4 was the best-selling console hardware platform in May, and remains the best-selling console hardware platform year to date.

Switch has a top selling SKU: The Nintendo Switch 32GB w/Neon Red/Blue JoyCon was the month's best-selling hardware SKU in both unit and dollar sales.

RANKINGS
 

  1. State of Decay 2
  2. God of War 2018
  3. Detroit: Become Human
  4. Far Cry 5
  5. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze*
  6. Grand Theft Auto V
  7. Hyrule Warriors Definitive Ed*
  8. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
  9. Mario Kart 8*
  10. NBA 2K18
  11. MLB 18: The Show
  12. Call of Duty: WWII
  13. Super Mario Odyssey*
  14. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  15. FIFA 18^
  16. Overwatch^
  17. Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
  18. Playerunknown's Battlegrounds
  19. Assassin's Creed: Origins
  20. Monster Hunter: World

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lmao maybe ms is actually genius with their no games strategy. 

 

they've managed to turn two games that should be f2p into best sellers as a result. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With lemmings starving for games and 5.0 of Decay 2nd Flop being only $30, on GamePass and Hermslobs swiping up this garbage game it better be #1. :tom:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Casual said:

lmao maybe ms is actually genius with their no games strategy. 

 

they've managed to turn two games that should be f2p into best sellers as a result. 

what was genius was removing the unique identifier between an Xbox1 game and a win10 game and lumping game pass into a "sale".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lostfool said:

Shut up.  This is embarrassing for lemkids

Nope . The game owns 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

With lemmings starving for games and 5.0 of Decay 2nd Flop being only $30, on GamePass and Hermslobs swiping up this garbage game it better be #1. :tom:

Npd is revenue , no ? So that means without gamepass and being half the price it's still BUTTSTOMPING PS4 games LOL 

Probably worth noting that the numbers in the OP don't include game pass downloads. These are full game sales. The total would be higher if you include Game Pass players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But teh growth :cry: 

 

It’s good to see all the systems performing well, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JonB1 said:

Npd is revenue , no ? So that means without gamepass and being half the price it's still BUTTSTOMPING PS4 games LOL 

Probably worth noting that the numbers in the OP don't include game pass downloads. These are full game sales. The total would be higher if you include Game Pass players.

Lol, GoW and Detroit are only on one platform. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

What is the ratio on Neon Red/Blue Switchs vs. Grey ones? Has there ever been data to figure that out?

Neon is ugly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cookester15 said:

Neon is ugly

 

I agree 100%. Picking up the grey one was such an easy decision.

 

It's just weird that the neon SKU is the #1 selling SKU, but Switch is not the #1 selling platform. Like I know it's because there's 3 official SKUs for the PS4 (slim, pro, GoW bundle) and a handful of discontinued SKUs out there still on shelves still, but I wouldn't have guessed people were picking up the neon Switch over the grey Switch to such a degree that allowed that to happen. I would have expected like a 40/60 split or something, but it seems much more lopsided than that and I'm just curious what it is.

 

Grey power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

 

I agree 100%. Picking up the grey one was such an easy decision.

 

It's just weird that the neon SKU is the #1 selling SKU, but Switch is not the #1 selling platform. Like I know it's because there's 3 official SKUs for the PS4 (slim, pro, GoW bundle) and a handful of discontinued SKUs out there still on shelves still, but I wouldn't have guessed people were picking up the neon Switch over the grey Switch to such a degree that allowed that to happen. I would have expected like a 40/60 split or something, but it seems much more lopsided than that and I'm just curious what it is.

 

Grey power.

Red joy-cons with the Mario bundle for me. I have the best SKU. B) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×