Sign in to follow this  
#MeToo

Have the mid gen interations of PS4 and XBox even worked?

X launched way too late in the gen and you can find an S for upto 300 dollars cheaper, so it's not a good measurement. I doubt MS will ever wait 4 years again for an iteration next gen.

Stats show 20 percent of PS4 buyers are buying the Pro, its only 100 dollars more over the base and offers a huge improvement over base. And the mass market just seems to care about price way more, people don't care about graphicseven a 100 bucks. They just want to play Fifa, Call Of Duty, Fortnite etc it's all they care about. Its also reasonable to assume that if the Pro didn't exist they'd just get the base PS4 anyways, and sales would still be the same, and newer hardware makes people buy it but it doesn't change engagement numbers/number of active PS4 users.

The goal of holding interest of people as tech ages and PC becomes more appealing, not sure it worked there. I assume thinking the vast majority of console gamers switching to PC is a small minority.

It's worked for Microsoft, no idea what Sony's internal goals have been but Microsoft has assuredly reached theres. 

The majority of console sales are still the base models. However, Sony's mid gen iteration wasn't meant to replace the base PS4. It was meant compliment the up and coming of 4K TV and basically perform as a base PS4 would for 1080p, but at a higher resolution on a 4K TV. Remember, when this generation started 4K TVs weren't really affordable or available for the most part.

Edited by lynux3

Just now, lynux3 said:

Not really. The majority of console sales are still the base models.

Well I mean isn't that the goal though?  4K TV ownership is like 18-25% of the market so their purchasing seems to echo the trend of ownership. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Well I mean isn't that the goal though?  4K TV ownership is like 18-25% of the market so their purchasing seems to echo the trend of ownership. 

Edited my post.

24 minutes ago, Bodycount X said:

X stopped the bleeding of the 900p bullshit, so I'm pretty sure Microsoft is happy with the results

That mattered on forum LALALA land. Having a 50-100 price advantage for either in the real world is more important, and we are talking base models. I haven't met a single person IRL XBox, PS4 or Pro owner that had any clue what resolution the games run at.