The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Think I'm officially done with State of Decay. Game is pretty boring.

would it have been a good game if it had co-op?It would've been far more tolerable. The mechanics are all passable, with the exception of driving which is downright awful. It's not a bad game, it's just not a fun one. Doesn't help that it was praised for being a "real survival horror" when face to face with TLOU.

Think I'm officially done with State of Decay. Game is pretty boring.

would it have been a good game if it had co-op? It would've been far more tolerable. The mechanics are all passable, with the exception of driving which is downright awful. It's not a bad game, it's just not a fun one. Doesn't help that it was praised for being a "real survival horror" when face to face with TLOU.

lmao. Fucking clowns.

Pokemon y, it's alright outside of the fact that it still feels like one big battle/collecting grind

it has always been like that lol

Which is why he said, "... still feels like...", emphasis on the still.

I am not argueing that, I am argueing that people shouldn't expect anything different

Well I'm not arguing against it being survival, but it's just as cookie cutter survival as something like TLoU which I guess, when compared to the rest of the genre, is saying a lot.

Edited by -CM²-

On Normal it definitely is. I never played it on Hard so I can't vouch for that but Survivor is definitely something else.

I guess dragging in difficulties is a bit unfair since Normal is the default one.

But I can just as easily make that claim for SoD, that it's more action that anything else.

Edited by -CM²-

i played it on hard dude. The only part where i actually started to run out of ammo/resources was that chase scene in winter.

SoD is not as survival as i would have liked but its still far above TLOU. You die in TLOU and you get sent to checkpoint 5 minutes prior to that point. You die in SoD and that character is gone for good. Any of your survivors can also kick the bucket if you're not careful. I never died in the game but i came damn close quite a few times, and the tension during those moments was much greater than anything in TLOU.

Guess we just had vastly different experiences. SoD stopped being tense when I solo'd hordes and infestations with a sledge hammer. Losing survivors isn't that big of a deal since all Zombies aren't threatening IMO and even when you do it's just tap A to get 75% HP.

I haven't ran across anything as tense as some of scenes in TLoU but I also haven't/won't beat SoD.

The checkpoints is a valid complaint I guess but faulting a game for a good checkpointing,

although it may deduct from tension, is silly to me.

Edited by -CM²-

In the end it's just not for me. There's giant gaps between objectives and it's really just not all that engaging. I can understand why people enjoy it though I just can't.