DURANGO Devkit Features a "Monster" 16 Core IBM Power PC CPU

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

16 core 64 thread cpu with 4 GPUS and 12g of ram

devs had a hard enough time programming for cell and you think this 64 thread cpu is gonna look good?? lmao

16 core cpu

not 16 thread cpu

16 core cpu with 4 threads each is 64 threads :|

lmao pretending that this still isn't amazing technology. rofl

neither of you are very good at reading :|

What does 4 threads each mean? :ben:

each core is capable of splitting its processes into 4 virtual cpus basically

4 cores at 4 threads each apparently.

Still impressed with that. 16 cores blew me away and I couldn't believe it but 4 cores with 4 hw threads per is still amazing. Most modern games still aren't using the entire 4 cores in pc gaming.

Indeed.

So it's a 4x4. makes sense.. 4 cores.. with 4 virtual cores each.

Yea, it makes sense why someone might think it has 16 cores... but "threads" should have been the word used.

Still, this thing will be a beast when the games developed actually take advantage of all of that.

Yea, it makes sense why someone might think it has 16 cores... but "threads" should have been the word used.

Still, this thing will be a beast when the games developed actually take advantage of all of that.

They will now and they won't have a choice. I wish they would have gone with at least 6 cores tho.

They will now and they won't have a choice. I wish they would have gone with at least 6 cores tho.

We'll have to wait till we find out more about the console's architecture before we'll really know if it really would benefit to have more physical cores or not.

you really aren't in the tech business are you? i tried to go along with your gimmick but you consistently display your lack of knowledge to an extent that I can no longer ignore.

you really aren't in the tech business are you? i tried to go along with your gimmick but you consistently display your lack of knowledge to an extent that I can no longer ignore.

stfu n00b, you can't even get a job because you suck so much. You don't know jack shit loser. http://systemwars.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Smileys/laugh.gif

piece of shit befaggon doesn't even know how to troubleshoot a bsod yet he makes himself out to be a genius programmer.. lmfao I love when these kids get outta school and think they know everything when all they've learned was from books mostly and have no real world experience. Come see me in 5-10 years and then we can talk technology.

Edited by Spicalicious

stfu n00b, you can't even get a job because you suck so much. You don't know jack shit loser. http://systemwars.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Smileys/laugh.gif

you mean 6 cores with 2 threads > 4 cores with 4 threads

if so, then i agree.

Edited by SuPrEMeFaNbOy