The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread

Started by Alphonse, September 25, 2023, 03:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'll have to revisit Remnant 2 in about two weeks. I have too many last minutes plans and a one week vacation to Orlando (going to milk that annual pass). But I will definitely return to that game :smoke: I still have Metroid Dread too. I doubt I'll want to play games while I'm in O-town, though. Keep me updated, Jon. Your posts are awesome :D

Finally playin metro exodus. The metro series is one of my fav. SO GOOD. gotta read the books too.

December 09, 2023, 02:12:50 AM #482 Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 03:44:24 AM by Twinblade
im at the end of the 2nd kingdom in Tactica. I don't find the game engaging enough for long sessions so im just playing it in short bursts.

edit: of course the game crashes right before im almost done with this long ass boss fight and now I have to do the whole thing over. Either the Twinblade curse is back or PC gaming just blows.

Quote from: Twinblade on December 09, 2023, 02:12:50 AMim at the end of the 2nd kingdom in Tactica. I don't find the game engaging enough for long sessions so im just playing it in short bursts.

edit: of course the game crashes right before im almost done with this long ass boss fight and now I have to do the whole thing over. Either the Twinblade curse is back or PC gaming just blows.
Nah. The Xbox version crashed during one boss battle for me too. 

December 09, 2023, 03:57:22 AM #484 Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 04:00:05 AM by Twinblade
Quote from: -GD-X on December 09, 2023, 03:56:05 AMNah. The Xbox version crashed during one boss battle for me too.

I guess its a flaw with the game design itself. If they're gonna have a long ass multi phase boss battle then they could at least have it autosave after every phase.

Quote from: Twinblade on December 09, 2023, 03:57:22 AMI guess its a flaw with the game design itself. If they're gonna have a long ass multi phase boss battle then they could at least have it autosave after every phase.
You were probably close to the end. That battle will seem long af, but then something happens.

Quote from: -GD-X on December 09, 2023, 10:21:12 AMYou were probably close to the end. That battle will seem long af, but then something happens.

Yeah the end was literally like 3 minutes from when the game crashed for me :D Anyway that was a nice emotional moment

Spoiler
The whole story with Toshiro and his mom
[close]

I fell off person5t. I'll get back to it at some point.  I had no crashes or any perf issues the whole time. That game can probably run at 8k on any modern gpu. Not a single stutter either. It's pretty basic so I guess that's to be expected but still refreshing to have a PC game run so well.

Quote from: JonDnD on December 09, 2023, 06:30:28 PMI fell off person5t. I'll get back to it at some point.  I had no crashes or any perf issues the whole time. That game can probably run at 8k on any modern gpu. Not a single stutter either. It's pretty basic so I guess that's to be expected but still refreshing to have a PC game run so well.

I still like the game (in short bursts) but it being on gamepass is a big factor in that. if I had paid full price for it I would be pretty underwhelmed.

December 09, 2023, 07:05:40 PM #489 Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 07:07:18 PM by -GD-X
Quote from: Twinblade on December 09, 2023, 04:52:50 PMYeah the end was literally like 3 minutes from when the game crashed for me :D Anyway that was a nice emotional moment

Spoiler
The whole story with Toshiro and his mom
[close]
Chapter 3 is even better, all around.

Quote from: Twinblade on December 09, 2023, 06:38:54 PMI still like the game (in short bursts) but it being on gamepass is a big factor in that. if I had paid full price for it I would be pretty underwhelm
If i bought it i would have finished it by now. I do like it a lot but there is so much story and text. Just like every other persona game. Im about mid way thru act 3 i believe so when i pop back in it wont be much to finish up.

Quote from: -GD-X on December 09, 2023, 07:05:40 PMChapter 3 is even better, all around.

I like the loudspeaker mechanic more than the switches so far.

Playing Warhammer 40k Boltgun. Not sure what everyone see in this game. The core gameplay is pretty good but nothing else really stands out. Super redundant textures and assets making every mission look the same. The level design is pretty average, it has some not so well hidden secrets to find but it's usually a power up that you don't need at that point in time. Exploding enemies on death are super annoying and does way too much damage, which is hard to see sometimes because there's very little feedback when you get hit. The enemies sprites also looks like absolute shite. 

There's no real progressions between missions, no RPG elements, not much in the way of a story. It's like a game from 1994. 

The gun packs a punch and the controls are great, that's about the best things about this game, otherwise it's a pretty standard run and gun DOOM like shooter. It's a 7/10 for me. It just lacks something. 

I'm not even 2 hours in and I have no desire to keep playing since it has already started feeling samey samey in that short amount of time. I might actually ask for a refund.
Playing: Star Ocean 2: Second Story R

Quote from: Twinblade on December 10, 2023, 12:35:12 AMI like the loudspeaker mechanic more than the switches so far.
Same. I like the story a lot more too.

I can't really get into P5T. Not really a knock on the game, I'm just kind of weird with this genre. I tend to bounce off a lot of them and I stick to very few.