The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread

Started by Alphonse, September 25, 2023, 03:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: -GD-X on January 06, 2024, 02:34:12 PMPlaying Slay The Spire. It's the perfect chill game. Fantastic for mobile devices.

Thats a roguelike right?

Quote from: Twinblade on January 06, 2024, 04:38:12 PMThats a roguelike right?
Yeah. I'm not familiar with this genre at all. But I like it! The battles are kind of easy (so far), but I can imagine them getting challenging later on. 

Pillars of Eternity is so good. This nerd shit is the best. What an epic adventure, game is freaking huge. Every new corner seem like it brings a unique quest or a companion. 

I played PoEII Deadfire first for some odd reason. But man, I'm starting to think the first one is even better. Although the pirate theme in the sequel is really cool and I miss having my boat, but the base building will do. 

10 hours in and can't stop. 
Playing: Star Ocean 2: Second Story R

@Twinblade  finally playing cat lady on SD. The sound design and trippy imagery are amazing! 

I also love Little Nightmare. It's easy, but another fun, creepy game. 

January 06, 2024, 11:09:06 PM #574 Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 11:11:57 PM by Twinblade
Quote from: -GD-X on January 06, 2024, 10:54:05 PM@Twinblade  finally playing cat lady on SD. The sound design and trippy imagery are amazing!

I also love Little Nightmare. It's easy, but another fun, creepy game.

Fuck yeah!  :smoke: The game has a hell of a sense of style, and I imagine it has aged well.

The puzzles are probably still pretty good too.

Quote from: Twinblade on January 06, 2024, 11:09:06 PMFuck yeah!  :smoke: The game has a hell of a sense of style, and I imagine it has aged well.

The puzzles are probably still pretty good too.
It looks really cool on the SD. The sound design is incredible! Puts most big budget survival horror games to shame. 

Quote from: -GD-X on January 06, 2024, 11:15:41 PMIt looks really cool on the SD. The sound design is incredible! Puts most big budget survival horror games to shame.

The cutscene direction is sooo good too. Amazing achievement for a one man team.

Quote from: Twinblade on January 06, 2024, 11:21:09 PMThe cutscene direction is sooo good too. Amazing achievement for a one man team.
Yeah, this like David Lynch doing survival horror. So weird, yet amazing. 

Quote from: -GD-X on January 06, 2024, 11:24:20 PMYeah, this like David Lynch doing survival horror. So weird, yet amazing.

My memories of some of the puzzles are coming back to me. I think you will enjoy them  :smoke: they're actual old school adventure game puzzles that can require some thought but are satisfying to solve.

Quote from: Twinblade on January 07, 2024, 12:21:10 AMMy memories of some of the puzzles are coming back to me. I think you will enjoy them  :smoke: they're actual old school adventure game puzzles that can require some thought but are satisfying to solve.
Bro...the hospital area and the "doctor"...FUCK! This game is dark AF! :D I'm sooooo loving it. Onto chapter 3. I loved where I had the option to say "they call me the cat lady" after that lovely execution :smoke:

The puzzles own! No hints. Very old school.

Quote from: -GD-X on January 07, 2024, 01:22:36 AMBro...the hospital area and the "doctor"...FUCK! This game is dark AF! :D I'm sooooo loving it. Onto chapter 3. I loved where I had the option to say "they call me the cat lady" after that lovely execution :smoke:

The puzzles own! No hints. Very old school.

You'll love the last chapters. The game starts and ends on high notes. It's consistent all the way through.

Quote from: Twinblade on January 07, 2024, 01:39:16 AMYou'll love the last chapters. The game starts and ends on high notes. It's consistent all the way through.

I knew it was special, early on, when my arm got chopped off :D  This will be a top 5 adventure game for me (at the rate it's going). 

Quote from: -GD-X on January 07, 2024, 01:41:22 AMI knew it was special, early on, when my arm got chopped off :D  This will be a top 5 adventure game for me (at the rate it's going).

Isn't the music great too. It fits the game soooo well

Quote from: Twinblade on January 07, 2024, 01:57:45 AMIsn't the music great too. It fits the game soooo well

Fuck yeah!
This song was perfect when I was running around with my arm chopped off :D

@Twinblade bro...the part where you become a cat :smoke: such a weird and twisted game. a masterpiece! :smoke: