The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread

Started by Alphonse, September 25, 2023, 03:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: madmaltese on February 11, 2024, 10:19:34 PMCan't say enough good things about Helldivers 2. Every time I play it surprises me more and more. Could make an argument for it being one of the most cinematic games I've ever played and the game doesn't has a single cutscene. There are just moments that are pure action movie.

Is this worth trying even if I would just be playing with random people?

Quote from: Twinblade on February 12, 2024, 09:42:56 PMIs this worth trying even if I would just be playing with random people?
Very much yes!
Played a lot of time with randoms with regular matchmaking and it is still a blast. Community is great, haven't had a single bad experience and that's in a game where friendly fire is a massive component lol
Also most ppl play without mic too, if that's a plus for you. 


Quote from: madmaltese on February 13, 2024, 02:12:48 AMVery much yes!
Played a lot of time with randoms with regular matchmaking and it is still a blast. Community is great, haven't had a single bad experience and that's in a game where friendly fire is a massive component lol
Also most ppl play without mic too, if that's a plus for you.



Thats good to know. I haven't played one of these kind of co-op shooters in a while but this seems like the ideal one to get back into that genre with. 

20 hours into p3r. I'm level 30 at the 69th floor. The game owns so hard. I have like 14 social links going  :smoke:

62 hours in Infinite Wealth and still only on chapter 10  :smoke: Without spoiling anything, there's some pretty cool content and call backs to previous games and characters that I think people familiar with them will really appreciate. Unfortunately that also means that stuff won't really resonate with people new to the series.


Quote from: Twinblade on February 14, 2024, 09:25:41 PM62 hours in Infinite Wealth and still only on chapter 10  :smoke: Without spoiling anything, there's some pretty cool content and call backs to previous games and characters that I think people familiar with them will really appreciate. Unfortunately that also means that stuff won't really resonate with people new to the series.
Fuck I wanna play this.

Because quite frankly, LaD Gaiden is not doing it for me from what I played. I'm playing Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise right now instead. lol

Seriously, the story premise is dumb so far in Gaiden and the game lacks comedic moments to balance the serious tone. It's straight up boring. Combat is good though.
Playing: Star Ocean 2: Second Story R

I've not come close to playing all the yakuza games but IW is by far my favorite so far. 

Quote from: David P on February 14, 2024, 11:05:01 PMFuck I wanna play this.

Because quite frankly, LaD Gaiden is not doing it for me from what I played. I'm playing Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise right now instead. lol

Seriously, the story premise is dumb so far in Gaiden and the game lacks comedic moments to balance the serious tone. It's straight up boring. Combat is good though.

I think its worth pushing through Gaiden. Its relatively short and the climax one of the best in the series.

i don't know if it's the improved visuals, or the added combat mechanics/sick attack animations, but i'm having a blast with tarturus. on the 92nd floor. i think it's safe to say i'm at the 1/3 mark (level 38)

it's funny. persona 3 portable was a "one and done" persona game for me, unlike 4g and 5g. yet, p3r just gets more and more addictive. all of the improvements make it feel almost like a new game. it's becoming my favorite in the series. 40 hours in :happysad:

on a side note, i bought a steamdeck to occasionally play shit on the go. in 6 weeks, i have put in 150+ hours lol. so much for gaming less in 2024 :happysad:

I tried to juggle IW and P3R but I didn't think I could do it. I'll play persona when I'm done with IW. 40 hours into that and feel I probably have another 40 more lol

Quote from: Cool Jonny on February 16, 2024, 08:55:31 PMI tried to juggle IW and P3R but I didn't think I could do it. I'll play persona when I'm done with IW. 40 hours into that and feel I probably have another 40 more lol
yeah, you would burn out, especially if you are chasing every social link and the new linked quests.


Quote from: Cool Jonny on February 17, 2024, 05:49:53 PMThe bingo cards in chapter 8  :down:

Spoiler
You mean like how it opens up all new bond options for the other group of characters?  :ben:
[close]

It was that chapter where the scale of the game really hit me.